221(g) visa refusal-- urgent

stalwartmd

Hi Folks,

I had my J1 visa interview recently for a residency position in a university hospital and my application was put on hold under section 221(g)... Consulate Officer has asked for a document from the Hospital which I have submitted the next day itself... Now my training starts from 17th of this month [june] and my question is--

1] how long will it take to get my passport back??

2] Is there anyone out there who had similar problem or know someone who had to go thru this n how long did it take??

I called up the consulate n they told me that its under processing n they will contact me once it is cleared... an help wud be greatly appreciated...

same experience

Hi,
I too have the same problem.Attended visa on June 3rd week 2009, was given 221 g by the vo, asked to fill up a questionnaire like cv,course objective,trip itinerary, my program starts on july 1st.Not yet recieved my passport. what is your status, have you recieved your passport yet? how long did it take you

Hi Folks,

I had my J1 visa interview recently for a residency position in a university hospital and my application was put on hold under section 221(g)... Consulate Officer has asked for a document from the Hospital which I have submitted the next day itself... Now my training starts from 17th of this month [june] and my question is--

1] how long will it take to get my passport back??

2] Is there anyone out there who had similar problem or know someone who had to go thru this n how long did it take??

I called up the consulate n they told me that its under processing n they will contact me once it is cleared... an help wud be greatly appreciated...

I do not want to upset you but it may take longer than you expect (up to 6 months). Many have this experience and some lost the training option because of that. Calling, panic, doing anything will not help at all. Just do your regular life things and wait till they call you. Good luck