2021 get EAD after 180 days despite Trump's 365 days order

Hi, Monica! Somehow I can't edit my own post. So here is the full text with corrections. Please include the picture in the exact same position :)

Hi, in summer of 2020 Trump administration passed several rules which made the life of asylum seekers harder.

One of them - you can now apply for EAD (employment authorization document) only 365 days after filing your asylum case, not 180 as it was before.
No need to say how hard it is for asylum seekers, but there is a solution: https://asylumadvocacy.org/work-permits-for-asap-members/
Long story short, Asylum Seeker Advocacy Project and CASA de Maryland, two asylum advocacy organizations, won the court trial and now their members can obtain EAD as before: only 180 days after filing asylum case.
What to do:
1) Become ASAP or CASA de Maryland member: https://asylumadvocacy.org/members/
My application was granted after 3-4 days, i got a text message with a link to my membership card.
2) Apply your i-765 150 days after you filed your asylum case.
What you need to include in your package:
  • Form G-1145 (so they notify you when they receive your case. I was notified by a text message)
  • Cover Letter (you can find samples here: https://asylumadvocacy.org/resource/sample-work-permit-application/)
  • Form i-765 (don't forget to mark YES in questions 14 and 15 - that you want SSA to issue your SSN!)
  • 2 Passport Photos (in a separate small envelope) write your alien number on back of photos / attach envelope with paper clip on form i765
  • ASAP Membership Card Print out (! important !)
  • Copy of i-797 USCIS receipt notice for receiving your i-589
  • Copy of i-797 USCIS ASC Appointment Notice (Biometric)
  • Copy of your Passport (page with photo+name+DOB and any other page with important information)
  • Copy of your last US VISA
  • Copy of i94
U.S. Postal Service (USPS):
USCIS
Attn: I-765
P.O. Box 650888
Dallas, TX 75265-0888
FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:
USCIS
2501 S. State Hwy. 121 Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067
3) When you get your i-797c notification in mail, you can create an online-account at https://my.uscis.gov/ add your case there and follow your case online.
4) 25 days after "Notice Date" on your i-797c (! important: "notice date", not "received date") you may go to your my.uscis.gov -> My Account -> Inbox and create a new message. Write there that you want to know about the status of your i-765 case and provide your name, DOB and receipt number. When send, open your message in "Inbox->All messages" and copy your "Service item number" from the header.
Write an email to tsc.classaction@uscis.dhs.gov with the following:
  • Write “Rosario Class Action” in the subject line;
  • Add asylumEAD@nwirp.org on the CC line to copy class counsel;
  • Include the following information in the body of your email:
    • Service request number
    • The date the USCIS Contact Center created a service request
    • Your Form I-765 receipt number
    • Your A-Number
    • The “Received Date” on your receipt notice (Form I-797, Notice of Action)
You'll receive an email with "an officer is working on your case" - this will make the process faster!

5) Get your EAD in mail
Sometimes it comes with SSN, sometimes SSN comes later.

There are several successful cases in this thread: https://forums.immigration.com/thre...cted-by-25th-aug-2020-dhs-rule.343257/page-11

I personally did all written above and got my EAD.
My own timeline is as this (I applied for EAS 1st time 150 days after sending my asylum case):

1613174277041.png

I sent my i-765 package on Dec 23, 2020.

Last edited by a moderator:
1 Question
Need I put these two original letter in package?
  • i-797 USCIS receipt notice for receiving your i-589
  • i-797 USCIS ASC Appointment Notice (Biometric)
I worry about If they miss,They are so important to me as you know.

2 Question
I will apply EAD for both my spouse and me, she is on I589 as secondary applicant,
What should I do? Prepare two I765 application in one mail or separate them with two mail ?

Much appreciate!

1 Question
Need I put these two original letter in package?
  • i-797 USCIS receipt notice for receiving your i-589
  • i-797 USCIS ASC Appointment Notice (Biometric)
I worry about If they miss,They are so important to me as you know.

Sorry, of course copies of them, not originals! :)

2 Question
I will apply EAD for both my spouse and me, she is on I589 as secondary applicant,
What should I do? Prepare two I765 application in one mail or separate them with two mail ?

Much appreciate!

Of course they should be separate and in separate envelopes!

Hi LandOfTheFree
May I know where I should sent to ?I live in LA.I had checked I765 instruction, But I'm not sure it's correct.

USCIS
P.O. Box 650888
Dallas, TX 75265-0888

Much appreciate!

Hi, Monica! Somehow I can't edit my own post. So here is the full text with corrections. Please include the picture in the exact same position :)

Hi, in summer of 2020 Trump administration passed several rules which made the life of asylum seekers harder.

One of them - you can now apply for EAD (employment authorization document) only 365 days after filing your asylum case, not 180 as it was before.
No need to say how hard it is for asylum seekers, but there is a solution: https://asylumadvocacy.org/work-permits-for-asap-members/
Long story short, Asylum Seeker Advocacy Project and CASA de Maryland, two asylum advocacy organizations, won the court trial and now their members can obtain EAD as before: only 180 days after filing asylum case.
What to do:
1) Become ASAP or CASA de Maryland member: https://asylumadvocacy.org/members/
My application was granted after 3-4 days, i got a text message with a link to my membership card.
2) Apply your i-765 150 days after you filed your asylum case.
What you need to include in your package:
  • Form G-1145 (so they notify you when they receive your case. I was notified by a text message)
  • Cover Letter (you can find samples here: https://asylumadvocacy.org/resource/sample-work-permit-application/)
  • Form i-765 (don't forget to mark YES in questions 14 and 15 - that you want SSA to issue your SSN!)
  • 2 Passport Photos (in a separate small envelope) write your alien number on back of photos / attach envelope with paper clip on form i765
  • ASAP Membership Card Print out (! important !)
  • Copy of i-797 USCIS receipt notice for receiving your i-589
  • Copy of i-797 USCIS ASC Appointment Notice (Biometric)
  • Copy of your Passport (page with photo+name+DOB and any other page with important information)
  • Copy of your last US VISA
  • Copy of i94
USCIS
P.O. Box 650888
Dallas, TX 75265-0888
FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:
USCIS
2501 S. State Hwy. 121 Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067
3) When you get your i-797c notification in mail, you can create an online-account at https://my.uscis.gov/ add your case there and follow your case online.
4) 25 days after "Notice Date" on your i-797c (! important: "notice date", not "received date") you may go to your my.uscis.gov -> My Account -> Inbox and create a new message. Write there that you want to know about the status of your i-765 case and provide your name, DOB and receipt number. When send, open your message in "Inbox->All messages" and copy your "Service item number" from the header.
Write an email to tsc.classaction@uscis.dhs.gov with the following:
  • Write “Rosario Class Action” in the subject line;
  • Add asylumEAD@nwirp.org on the CC line to copy class counsel;
  • Include the following information in the body of your email:
    • Service request number
    • The date the USCIS Contact Center created a service request
    • Your Form I-765 receipt number
    • Your A-Number
    • The “Received Date” on your receipt notice (Form I-797, Notice of Action)
You'll receive an email with "an officer is working on your case" - this will make the process faster!

5) Get your EAD in mail
Sometimes it comes with SSN, sometimes SSN comes later.

There are several successful cases in this thread: https://forums.immigration.com/thre...cted-by-25th-aug-2020-dhs-rule.343257/page-11

I personally did all written above and got my EAD.
My own timeline is as this (I applied for EAS 1st time 150 days after sending my asylum case):

View attachment 2272

I sent my i-765 package on Dec 23, 2020.
Hello, please what if your case is referred to court and you need to renew your EAD

Hi,

I submitted my application on June 9 and up to today June 15, I did not receive a notice. I submitted form G-1145 with my application package. Is there a way I can check my application, a number I can call to check it?

Hi,

I submitted my application on June 9 and up to today June 15, I did not receive a notice. I submitted form G-1145 with my application package. Is there a way I can check my application, a number I can call to check it?
It takes up to 2 weeks to receive your receipt notice.

Hi,

Thank you all I am posting my timeline.

July 02, 2021, I received my working card and my Social Security
June 28, 2021 Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office
June 29, 2021, The Post Office picked up mail containing your new card.
June 28, 2021, We produced your new card for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
June 23, 2021, We are producing your new card for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
June 10, 2021, We received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, and sent you a receipt notice.

Hope this will help someone in the same situation.

Thank you all

Hello! Thanks for the good good work you do here. My question is…I applied for EAD in March of 2021. After about 4months, I received a notice of denial this month of July 2021 stating that I have to wait for 365days new rule to apply for it. However, I just became an ASAP member in July 2021. Can I reapply for the EAD with my new ASAP membership card? More importantly, should I indicate in the i-765 that I have previously applied for EAD or not?

Hi,
I will suggest you re-apply with the proper documents. make sure you follow the instructions on the ASAP website on how to organize and present your documents. You should be fine

Thank you! Should I include the biometrics fee or not?
Please strictly follow the instructions given at the beginning of this thread. ON the ASAP website you will have a sample of the documents you have to submit and how to order them. You should order the documents as is it specified

Hi all,

I applied for Asylum in Jan2021, Interviewed in March2021, I am being sent to court in Dec2021.
I became a member of ASAP end of July and sent out my application through UPS(to the address in Lewisville, TX) on Aug2. It has shown being arrived on Aug6.

How long should I wait for the receipt notice? If I don't receive it, how should I contact USCIS to check for me?
What should I do right now? This is very important to me. Please advise.

Hi all,

I applied for Asylum in Jan2021, Interviewed in March2021, I am being sent to court in Dec2021.
I became a member of ASAP end of July and sent out my application through UPS(to the address in Lewisville, TX) on Aug2. It has shown being arrived on Aug6.

How long should I wait for the receipt notice? If I don't receive it, how should I contact USCIS to check for me?
What should I do right now? This is very important to me. Please advise.
can you write me at dorianmouafo@gmail.com