2018 Asylum Filers

filed 20 November 2018
fingerprint 20 December 2018
Interview scheduled for January 2019
I have a question:
do you think if getting notice of interview notice in 50 days after filing the asylum means the officer does not believe in the case or is just new LIFO system?
Hi John2019,

My timeline is similar to yours. My forms were received on Nov19. Biometrics scheduled on Dec 10th. However that day ASC was closed to snow. Then, we completed the biometrics on Dec 27. No interview notice yet. I am afraid to fall into backlog.

Hi John2019,

My timeline is similar to yours. My forms were received on Nov19. Biometrics scheduled on Dec 10th. However that day ASC was closed to snow. Then, we completed the biometrics on Dec 27. No interview notice yet. I am afraid to fall into backlog.
I did my interview today. It took around 3 hours. The officer said that it takes time to make the decision.

why do you think your interview fall into backlog?

Hi guys, I filed on January 5th 2019 and I received a notice of receipt after 4 days. Still waiting for the biometrics appointment. But I'm worried about the government shutdown that could affect the process. I applied in Newark.
Anybody here had their interview recently? Please tell us about your experience and the kind of questions you had.

Hi guys, I filed on January 5th 2019 and I received a notice of receipt after 4 days. Still waiting for the biometrics appointment. But I'm worried about the government shutdown that could affect the process. I applied in Newark.
Anybody here had their interview recently? Please tell us about your experience and the kind of questions you had.

Hey there! The government shutdown should not affect your interview, hopefully. USCIS runs mostly on revenue from filing fees ;)
I filed for LGBT asylum, so to anyone who is going in that direction, here are some of the questions I was asked:

1. Biographical info (place of birth, date of birth, full name, family members, previous visits to the U.S. -if any-... etc.)
2. When you realized that you were gay, lesbian, bisexual... etc.
3. Your coming out experience. How did you come out? To whom did you come out? Did you come out online?
4. People's reactions, and whether you received any threats
5. How you accepted your sexuality (e.g. how you harmonized your sexuality with your religion)
6. Your parents' reactions, and your current relationship with them
7. If you have (or had) any romantic partners (boyfriend, girlfriend); your experience with that
8. (if you currently have a romantic partner) when did you meet, how did you meet...
9. What you fear in your home country (e.g. harassment, torture... etc.)
10. Are you part of any LGBT groups? How do you identify as LGBT (e.g. you write about it, you are part of an LGBT organization... etc.)
11. Did anyone know about your sexuality before you came out? If so, who?

Good luck to us all!

Hey there! The government shutdown should not affect your interview, hopefully. USCIS runs mostly on revenue from filing fees ;)
I filed for LGBT asylum, so to anyone who is going in that direction, here are some of the questions I was asked:

1. Biographical info (place of birth, date of birth, full name, family members, previous visits to the U.S. -if any-... etc.)
2. When you realized that you were gay, lesbian, bisexual... etc.
3. Your coming out experience. How did you come out? To whom did you come out? Did you come out online?
4. People's reactions, and whether you received any threats
5. How you accepted your sexuality (e.g. how you harmonized your sexuality with your religion)
6. Your parents' reactions, and your current relationship with them
7. If you have (or had) any romantic partners (boyfriend, girlfriend); your experience with that
8. (if you currently have a romantic partner) when did you meet, how did you meet...
9. What you fear in your home country (e.g. harassment, torture... etc.)
10. Are you part of any LGBT groups? How do you identify as LGBT (e.g. you write about it, you are part of an LGBT organization... etc.)
11. Did anyone know about your sexuality before you came out? If so, who?

Good luck to us all!
Thank you for your reply and for your tips. I received a biometrics appointment today for January 30th. So I assume the shutdown is not affecting asylum applications so far.
I'm applying on LGBT basis too. So I appreciate your help.
Cheers!

Hello guys. I received a rescheduled date for my interview. It has been rescheduled for the 22nd January. Please anyone with some frequently asked questions for application for asylum on political basis. Please help.

Thank you

Mine was rescheduled 4 times
And I have been waiting for 7 weeks now for my decision but my case is pending officer said will be mailed to you within the next two weeks but I haven’t received anything yet and still waiting for my work permit and ssn

Hello guys. Had my interview yesterday. It took 2 hours. We had a break for 20 mins after an hour of interview. Then proceeded for another hour. The asylum office after the interview gave me a Mail-out-Notice for the decision regarding my application. When I asked him how long will the decision mailed to me. He said he is not quite sure because the case will have to be reviewed by three or so other officers. He said there are two options. Either granted or denial. I am just keeping my fingers crossed for the positive decision!

Hello guys. Had my interview yesterday. It took 2 hours. We had a break for 20 mins after an hour of interview. Then proceeded for another hour. The asylum office after the interview gave me a Mail-out-Notice for the decision regarding my application. When I asked him how long will the decision mailed to me. He said he is not quite sure because the case will have to be reviewed by three or so other officers. He said there are two options. Either granted or denial. I am just keeping my fingers crossed for the positive decision!
What i know and heard is if you get your decision within 2 weeks it will be denied the more you wait the better answer you get
Good luck

Application filed: July 2015
Interview: October 2018
I was told to come pick up my decision after two weeks, but right before the due date the officer called and said no need to show up, you'll receive it in the mail. Still nothing up to this date. They say my case is with the Supervisor. But I'm guessing my case is referred to headquarters.