• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2017 DV LOTTERY COUNTDOWN TO MAY

Oh I hope that is not true.....

That would suck if true. They under select by a decent amount for OC in 2016 and then massively over select in 2017? KCC's math is way out.

I'm reminded of cobweb theory - like the farmers who plant in excess one year in response to last year's high prices, so excess supply drives down the prices next year, so they decide not to plant much the year after, so prices shoot up, and ..... I'm starting to think this is how KCC's modeling currently works :confused:

Haaah:(...... not selected once again. The Almighty knows best . Never give up ....see you again next year. i hope and pray it will be my year. since year 2000 all the way to 2016.... surely the Almighty Knows what is Best for me.
Good Luck to all selected .

@Britsimon so it is unusual if it's true? As I thought it was quite strange! I asked to confirm it was 2000' not 200
' and it was definately in the 2*** but didn't want to provide a screen shot (didnt want to ask as felt rude).

really stupid thing to lie about if that's the case

Well if it is true, it will indicate a selectee count well in excess of what is sensible both for OC and globally. So - it would not be good news for anyone.

Shall I check mine??? I keep going to the site but I am too nervous to check, God help my soul! I will leave it until I have the guts to check, my stomach is feeling a bit sick.
Please check now. The longer you wait, the more nervous you will get. Remember, it is just a lottery - there is always next year.
Oh, and if you win, you and your Mum are welcome to stay with my family.

me ,my husband and sis in law all have not been selected.. congrats to all got selected. until next time...

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    91.7 KB · Views: 12
Shall I check mine??? I keep going to the site but I am too nervous to check, God help my soul! I will leave it until I have the guts to check, my stomach is feeling a bit sick.
Me personally if I hadn't checked yet, I'd check now. I'd drive myself crazy wondering otherwise.... the longer you leave it the more time you have to think about it which could lead to you feeling even more disappointed *if* you dont get selected

Just have a look and remember its not the be all and end all if you dont get selected :) Good luck!

Thank you SusieQQQ. I am very much a believer in things happening in my life in the order they are meant to (and that includes not happening just because I want them! lol). I have a very full life right now, with graduation just around the corner, possibly a PhD and some other things that are wonderful. Not being selected reminds me of what I have.

But...I will be back in October ;)

Q
Good way of saying it, also agree! Sorry to hear you also didnt get selected! Hopefully 2018 will be our year!! :)

I just checked my entry and was not selected once again. I will try luck again on DV 2018. Congrats to everyone that got selected.
Sorry to hear Pierre! Also didn't get selected, but let's keep our chin up and keep positive for 2018! It's gonna happen for us eventually, I'm sure of it ;)

Guys, do you think there's the possibility of another draw being held just like that of what happened in 2013?
Correct me if am wrong but if am not mistaken most of us in this forum weren't selected sadly, is this the thread everywhere or people are actually winning elsewhere too?

Guys, do you think there's the possibility of another draw being held just like that of what happened in 2013?
Correct me if am wrong but if am not mistaken most of us in this forum weren't selected sadly, is this the thread everywhere or people are actually winning elsewhere too?
You May be right man. Just 3 or 4 people won till now.. and in other forum No one.

I can't speak on the chances of a second draw but in relation to not many people here being chosen, as others have pointed out: In reality there isn't that many of us on here. Millions upon millions of people enter the lottery every year and of that, only 50,000+ get chosen (whatever the exact number is). Some have related this to a 1 in 100 chance of winning. We dont have 100 people on here posting that they entered the lotto so it's really not unusual that there isn't that many of us saying we won.

Myself and Jessica are from the OC which has a higher chance than most regions which would explain why there's two of us. You will probably see over the next few weeks more people popping up saying that they've won after they do some research and find the forum