2015 asylum seekers in LA

at least that's not true for los Angeles office, I know people who filed in 2020 and got interview, and some of them filed in 2019
I heard that too. First priority is who got rescheduled(Due to COVID then rescheduled By applicant) and then LIFO starts. But in that case, LIFO systems will again get big backlog :) Then i am really worried about ppl filed before LIFO kicked in

•First priority: Applications that were scheduled for an interview, but the interview had to be rescheduled at the applicant’s request or the needs of USCIS.

•Second priority: Applications that have been pending 21 days or less. (If there are not enough interview slots to accommodate initial filings, these cases will be moved to the third scheduling priority.)

•Third priority: All other pending affirmative asylum applications will be scheduled for interviews starting with newer filings and working back towards older filings.
Do you see this on USCIS? or just guessing?

I heard that too. First priority is who got rescheduled(Due to COVID then rescheduled By applicant) and then LIFO starts. But in that case, LIFO systems will again get big backlog :) Then i am really worried about ppl filed before LIFO kicked in
yeah, people who filed in 2014-2017 will stuck in the backlog, it's ridiculous

I hope they'll be done w/ rescheduled ones by EOY and will start w/ LIFO again in next year

Maybe they will be done with rescheduled ones at the end of January or February. The interview numbers are minimal during mid November to the end of December.

Last edited: