• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2014 DV Australian winners

I guess one of the saving graces with me and my high number disaster, is that I didn't broadcast my further processing situation to all and sundry. I only told a couple of family members and hardly any friends, so I'm not going to look like a silly person now when the whole thing goes by the wayside in a couple of months when its all over red rover.

I wonder what the maximum number of interviews Sydney can actually do on any given Tuesday? Based on Mirrormirror9's response from them (http://forums.immigration.com/threads/2014-dv-australian-winners.314566/page-53#post-2291857) , they only do 'Tuesday mornings'.

Even IF OC were to go current, I don't see how it would be possible to process potentially 1000 plus applications on the remaining 5 Tuesday mornings in September (that's if they would even use the Tuesday on the 30th of September). So are the numbers somewhat restricted by the capacity of the Sydney consulate to actually conduct interviews, or does KCC come out with the proposed case numbers, then Sydney says 'no no we can't do that many, pare it back' and then they readjust?

I wonder what the maximum number of interviews Sydney can actually do on any given Tuesday? Based on Mirrormirror9's response from them (http://forums.immigration.com/threads/2014-dv-australian-winners.314566/page-53#post-2291857) , they only do 'Tuesday mornings'.

Even IF OC were to go current, I don't see how it would be possible to process potentially 1000 plus applications on the remaining 5 Tuesday mornings in September (that's if they would even use the Tuesday on the 30th of September). So are the numbers somewhat restricted by the capacity of the Sydney consulate to actually conduct interviews, or does KCC come out with the proposed case numbers, then Sydney says 'no no we can't do that many, pare it back' and then they readjust?

Well OC is more than just Sydney my friend...

Well OC is more than just Sydney my friend...

Ha ha right you are. I'm sorry I get a bit Australia focused and forget about NZ, Fiji etc. Even so, the majority of selectees are Australian if I understand correctly so even if it were only 500 visas Sydney had to process if it went current, I don't see how they could do it?

Ha ha right you are. I'm sorry I get a bit Australia focused and forget about NZ, Fiji etc. Even so, the majority of selectees are Australian if I understand correctly so even if it were only 500 visas Sydney had to process if it went current, I don't see how they could do it?

Let me put it this way. I am happy to read your 2015 number in your sig...

Let me put it this way. I am happy to read your 2015 number in your sig...

Me too!! But I a lot of people here aren't that lucky and I'm still very interested in the final numbers for OC. It just makes me wonder what Sydney's actual capacity is.

Does anybody have any opinions on the political future of the DV over the next decade? Was Hillary Clinton a supporter of it? If she becomes President for 8 years would she support keeping it? Do you think Republicans will get control of the senate and succeed with some new immigration bill killing the DV? What does anyone think? I won 2014 with a high useless number probably, lost 2015, will probably keep playing, because if I ever win and get a decent number, I'm home free.

The Republicans have a good chance of taking the Senate at the midterms this year. The President's party typically performs poorly.

Good news today: "GOP approves hardline immigration stance in party platform"
http://www.ketknbc.com/news/gop-approves-hardline-immigration-stance-in-party

Why is that good news? The more hardline their stance, the less likely any legislation will pass. A moderate bipartisan law will almost certainly kill DVs, so we don't want that. The democrats will filibuster or veto anything extreme. The status quo is our friend. We want gridlock.

Gridlock. I agree gridlock is great. They have been trying to kill the DV since December 2005 according to wiki. Here's to another 9 years of unsuccessful attempts to kill it.

Spent hours reading about e-3's today. I must say it just made more depressed. Totally tied to an employer, expensive to go over there and line up interviews on the VWP, the DV route really is the 'start a new life' way, total freedom to even be self employed with the DV if you wanted to. Total freedom.

The final analysis of me, has to be, that if you get selected for further processing in OC, and your number is higher than 1750 perhaps, you're not a winner of anything. You're a victim of false hope.

I should say, these people with families and low numbers under 1200 get their winning's worth. A low number really is a win. A high number is just being teased, taunted and tempted and sentenced to 15 months of tantalizing wonder and what-ifs and forum reading. A high number may well be crueler than not being selected for further processing in the first place. A high number is to be invited to the dance, dress up in your prettiest clothes, and to be left as a wallflower that nobody wants to dance with. It would be better to stay at home and watch TV and not have to bother ironing your clothes and going out to the dance seeing all the cool kids have fun.

Im with you on this. Im feeling the same right now. With a number in the 1800s, Im really feeling like the 10yrs of waiting til this moment has crushed my spirit :(

If that's low 1800s you have a slight chance. Better than me. Anyway I'm not as dedicated as you were at ten years, I feel for ya buddy. Good will to all DV seekers.

Did you believe them when they said "Selection does not guarantee that you will receive a visa because the number of applicants selected is greater than the number of visas available."

Hi Britsimon,

For the sentence above, they play game on it.

I had a valued experience about America in the past, that is why I said that I do believe in America 's words. They will call all Aussie case numbers for interview in September.

The most important thing here is how to demonstrate your documents such as: Education.....

Actually the 1600 and something number sounds more realistic than some others. .

I tend to thing 1600 has a 90% chance
The final analysis of me, has to be, that if you get selected for further processing in OC, and your number is higher than 1750 perhaps, you're not a winner of anything. You're a victim of false hope.

The thing is, you never know if OC will go Current early like they have in many years. In which case you have a chance.

What is this even supposed to mean??

hro your comments fly in the face of all of the numbers, analysis and data that has been presented on the DV2014 to date. You have provided absolutely no solid facts or details to back up your beliefs other than saying ambiguous statements about your belief in America. This doesn't make any sense at all.

If you are an OC selectee with a high number, I am afraid you may be in for a shock if you don't come to your senses.

Hi Britsimon,

I had a valued experience about America in the past, that is why I said that I do believe in America 's words. They will call all Aussie case numbers for interview in September.

The most important thing here is how to demonstrate your documents such as: Education.....
No harm for him to continue to believe in his chances, I guess - you therefore might not want to discourage him. At the end, he might or may not be right and, like the rest of us, will see beginning of July. At least this is the way I personally see this...

Hi Britsimon,

Hi Hro, I'm curious about where you were born? Your English indicates to me you were born outside Australia yet you are using an OC case number?

Re: Selected for further processing but be born in illeligible country

Hi brothers and sisters,

I have a question to ask your favor to answer, it is if a person was born in an ineligible country selected for further processing for visa because he/she came to eligible country from refugee camp when he/she was a child. He completed high school diploma and working in the eligible country, then does he /she still get rejected to do paper to move to America?

Can he/she claim that he has belonged to the eligible country ?

Thank you for input,
hro

Hro, if you were born in an ineligible country then more than likely you will not be able to proceed anyway. Are you married to an Australian?