2013 October N-400

Same here! I got an SMS/email from USCIS about my case being put on oath ceremony schedule. I should receive the letter in the mail this week hopefully.

I know the Washington D.C. holds the oath ceremony on the third Thursday of each month... So, hopefully this will be quick.

Good luck everyone.

My case status changed to "inline for oath scheduling" on 03/10/2014. I don't know when I'll get the mail with actual date.

Same here! I got an SMS/email from USCIS about my case being put on oath ceremony schedule. I should receive the letter in the mail this week hopefully.

I know the Washington D.C. holds the oath ceremony on the third Thursday of each month... So, hopefully this will be quick.

Good luck everyone.

Hi Hassan,
I guess USCIS is sending notices to approved people who will attend the April 17 ceremony which is the 3rd Thursday of the month. I bet the notice i will receive will say april 17. Please let us know as soon as you get your notice. i will do the same. I heard they do the ceremony in Alexandria, have you heard the same?

My oath ceremony was scheduled today and letter sent out....received email notification and case status has been updated on USCIS website as well.

Got SMS notification for my wife's oath schedule and the mail will arrive shortly I hope but where is mine?
Will they schedule me at a latter day? We both had interview on the same day and passed!!

I just received my oath ceremony letter.....8 a.m. on April 4, 2014, Suffern NY

Got SMS notification for my wife's oath schedule and the mail will arrive shortly I hope but where is mine?
Will they schedule me at a latter day? We both had interview on the same day and passed!!

I've seen this happen before, where one spouse receives the oath letter before the other. You just gotta be patient, you will get yours.

Did you and your wife have the interview at the same time and with the same officer? If not, did you tell the officer that your wife was interviewing with another officer on the same day? If you do not tell them to link the cases together they may not schedule you both for oath on the same day.
My wife and I interviewed on the same day but with different officers, my officer said she will talk to the other officer to link the cases this way we can both come to the oath ceremony on the same day. Our oath letters came out for the same day same time same location.

N-400 Application Questions

I have a couple questions for form N-400. As a visitor to US, I was denied admission to the US from Canada because the officer at the border because he wanted to see more documents of my residency in Canada. I was allowed to the US for future visits without issues. Next, when I applied for my GC, my application was approved but I was asked to submit form I-690 for the incident above to which I was denied entry. If I was not allowed in the US at the US / Canada border, does that mean I was deported from the US? Will this effect my N-400 application even though I had filed a I-690 wavier and had my GC approved? Please let me know.

Hassan2007/helpmefightback/watertown/marwan234, CONGRATULATIONS to all of you. Hope the journey is near end.

Make sure to validate your OATH certificate 10 times before coming out of the ceremony hall. Make sure your name, DOB, Country and other information are correct. Once you are out of the hall and if it needs any correction, then it will take another decade to get it corrected and you will be struck without valid proof and passport.

Guys take this opportunity and get ready to file for passport on the same day. If your oath ceremony is in the morning, then get the passport appointment in the afternoon and apply it on the same day. On the way, you can go to any Staples and take some copies of the oath certificate.

I would suggest to take at least 5 xerox copies as you have to submit the original with the passport application. If you guys get all the things required for passport ready, you will end this journey with passport real soon.

It's just a friendly suggestion.

Hassan2007/helpmefightback/watertown/marwan234, CONGRATULATIONS to all of you. Hope the journey is near end.

Make sure to validate your OATH certificate 10 times before coming out of the ceremony hall. Make sure your name, DOB, Country and other information are correct. Once you are out of the hall and if it needs any correction, then it will take another decade to get it corrected and you will be struck without valid proof and passport.

Guys take this opportunity and get ready to file for passport on the same day. If your oath ceremony is in the morning, then get the passport appointment in the afternoon and apply it on the same day. On the way, you can go to any Staples and take some copies of the oath certificate.

I would suggest to take at least 5 xerox copies as you have to submit the original with the passport application. If you guys get all the things required for passport ready, you will end this journey with passport real soon.

It's just a friendly suggestion.

Thanks mogalgiddi for the tips.

We had interview at the same day but with different officer and no, it didn't occur to me to mention this to the officer.
Since we always got all the notifications at the same time I assumed the cases were already linked together.
Wish I knew better!

Did you and your wife have the interview at the same time and with the same officer? If not, did you tell the officer that your wife was interviewing with another officer on the same day? If you do not tell them to link the cases together they may not schedule you both for oath on the same day.
My wife and I interviewed on the same day but with different officers, my officer said she will talk to the other officer to link the cases this way we can both come to the oath ceremony on the same day. Our oath letters came out for the same day same time same location.

We had interview at the same day but with different officer and no, it didn't occur to me to mention this to the officer.
Since we always got all the notifications at the same time I assumed the cases were already linked together.
Wish I knew better!

Today I took an Infopass appointment and went to the USCIS office. The officer couldnt tell me when I'd be scheduled for oath ceremony but when I told him that I'd like to have my oath on the same day as my wife, he advised me to write a letter on the spot requesting the same day oath. I did write the letter and he assured me that we'd have the oath on the same day. I was really happy that for once the Infopass system worked!

But in 10 minutes I got a call onmy cellphone from the same officer statign that they couldn't schedule me on the same day as I requested a name change and that has to go to court:( Bummer but I'm glad the officer did call me and clarified the reason.

Lesson, always request same day oath when you are being interviewed with your wife and name change request always delays the oath.