• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2013 DV Winners from Srilanka

Principal applicant must go first or principal applicant with spouse must go same time, since principal applicant visa type stamp as DV1, spouse stamp as DV2.
Hope this was helpful.

HI alll,
My wife was won the GC 2013 and got the VISA, what i want know is; it is possible to go myself first to USA without My wife (Principal applicant) after wife and son (Before 30-Sept-2013).

Thank you,
Sanjaya.

Have a Good Day...!!!

I'm sorry to read of your sister's dashed hopes. It is indeed unfair to retroactively apply this new A/L requirement to the selectees. However, since you're of the opinion that the job situation in the US is 'horrible', may I ask why you're still going to all this trouble to get her case reconsidered? Isn't she better off with what she has over there job-wise then?

This is not true. I got a full time job as a software developer, within a 3 weeks since my POE. If you have a right education with equivalent working experience, anyone can find a job very easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Medical

CN : 2013AS000096**
1st NL Checked : 1st May 2012
Sent Forms to KCC : 28th May 2012
KCC Confirmation : I phoned and confirmed (Nov 08/2012)
PCC : Done
Medicals : June 06/2013
Interview : 2nd week of July 2013
POE : ?

Hi everyone,

I need an urgent help (advice) from you. When I call to book an apponitment for my medical, the receptionist told me that I have to bring vaccination cards for everyone in our family. My kids have updated vaccination cards, but not for me and my wife. I am 38yrs old and mywife is 33yrs old. Eventhough we had all the vaccination in the past, we don't have evidence. I have seen in the US official website a bunch of list for vaccination. I have only one week for medical. Will this any how affect me?

Please advice.

Thanks a lot.

Kuna

don't worry Kuna ,

You just take your kids Cards with you, for you and the wife not need, for you MMR Vaccination has to be inject i guess, if wife had given a birth to a child she might have had all of those and she not need either...

Hope i have answered your Question..

Farook.

Hi everyone,

I need an urgent help (advice) from you. When I call to book an apponitment for my medical, the receptionist told me that I have to bring vaccination cards for everyone in our family. My kids have updated vaccination cards, but not for me and my wife. I am 38yrs old and mywife is 33yrs old. Eventhough we had all the vaccination in the past, we don't have evidence. I have seen in the US official website a bunch of list for vaccination. I have only one week for medical. Will this any how affect me?

Please advice.

Thanks a lot.

Kuna

Hi everyone,

Please advice.

Thanks a lot.

Kuna

You should be ok, no worries.
If Asiri they are well aware of the procedure per my exp., hope still the same.
However, take a color print of the following w/you.
You need ONLY those (age related) in YELLOW in the 1st table.
If you have had Vericella (=chickenpox) tell the Dr., she can not force you to take it then but just need to write 'immune' for it.

Best!

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/downloads/adult/adult-schedule.pdf
kids
http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/downloads/child/0-18yrs-schedule-landscape-chart.pdf

more info

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugee...et-fed-reg-notice-vaccination-immigration.pdf

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/acip-list-sup/acip-sup-adult.htm

I don't understand the embassy's thinking. Should a teacher always be a teacher? With her knowledge and experience, she should be able to do any job. ........

Well, they are doing a thankless job and remember they can not 'subjectively think' and approve/disprove cases, thay have to 'objectvely verify given facts per INA & rules'. Most COs do this well.

Problem is, most applicants just walk in and 'think' that the CO would do the talk and walk the walk for you! NO you need to go prepared with FACTS for your case. I'm not sure whether your sis had any idea what criteria she needs to ask, edu or job.? Seems you just let the CO to do that too.
Sanjaya in '11 did the same but luckily for him he was asked to WRITE down the best he could his job details, work and responsibilities. He did but was denied. But I think someone later reviewed the case and found his diploma (graphic design)and work he wrote fit the Onet pts, and asked him to come back.
May be just may be even at this late stage your sis can try do a write up per Onet pts and see how it goes. Worth a try imho.

Best!

Hi NuvF,

It was a great help. Those links are very informative.

I have one more question regarding form I-134 (Affidavit of Support). I have asked one of my friends and he is going to help me. How does this work? Does my friend send me the completed form to me? or Does he send the completed form to any US government dept. or Embassy directly? (I believe that he sends the completed form to me and I will hand over to the Embassy on the interview date).

Please clarify.

Thanks

Kuna

(I believe that he sends the completed form to me and I will hand over to the Embassy on the interview date).

Yes , this what you should do..

Kuna[/QUOTE]

By mistakenly sealed packet Open

HI all,

One of My friend got VISA on Monday, While they travel to home his kids open the sealed packet, What should he do for this?

Thank you,
Sanjaya

I am one the DV 2014 lottery winners. I have sent the requires forms and photos to KCC office last June 2013. But i have not received letter from KCC.
Please let me know what to do.
Thank you.

very good by the way they will not call or mail u... u are the one to call them or mail them by the way whats ur case number......
I am one the DV 2014 lottery winners. I have sent the requires forms and photos to KCC office last June 2013. But i have not received letter from KCC.
Please let me know what to do.
Thank you.

very good by the way they will not call or mail u... u are the one to call them or mail them by the way whats ur case number......

I send already email.then i received this msg

Case Number :2014AS000xxxx

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of December. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.

Your forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of December. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.

You have hidden too many numbers for us to understand what is the approximate range of your number. Asia is current up to 3000. If your number is higher than that then it is normal that you have not heard anything, so then there is nothing for you to do but wait.

ya its a normal auto reply no need to worry be calm its just saying that your forms has been received by KCC and to get your interview date u need to wait for your numbers to be current chill and relax may be in feb if late than u may get ur interview in march good luck god bless u

Dear Friends ,
Mycase number is 2014AS00004XXX.
I am from Sri Lanka.
I have not received any notification from Kentucky office for the visa interview.
They have confirmed that they received my documents.
But i have not received yet any letter from US embassy in sri lanka or US Kentucky office for the Visa interview. Anyone can help me? Thanks