• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2012 Visa bulletin predictions

yes, i am sure i have seen in this forum a member with that number from Asia and i dont see any reason for him/her to not write the truth.
Are you sure that 71K is true??? Somebody can jump out and say " my CN is AS80K!!

EU
LOW 2xxx
HIGH 33xxx
(What I have seen)

So EU numbers look consistent with previous years. Why AS numbers are so high this year? May be they really are skipping some of the numbers from round 1 winners on May 1st, and many of those winners were from Asia? If this is a truth, then visa bulletin for AS should start from high numbers this year.

Hello
I am a winner of DV 2012 and my case number is EU301xx. I'm in the US on J-1 and I'm doing AOS. I have not seen any other CN higher than mine in these online forums. Although this is kinda disappointing for me, according to previous visa bulletins, EU30xxx was available around June-July, and I think this still gives me enough time for my AOS.

DV2012
EU301xx

Well... It looks like DV visa number range is consistent with previous years, with the exception of AS region, where higher than usual case numbers are present. I wonder if this has anything to do with higher number of applicants this year which is almost 15MM vs. 12MM last year. As a matter of fact this DV lottery has seen the highest number of applicants since 2007. I am waiting to see October visa bulletin to compare it to last year.

I have searched through the forum about case numbers as someone said there would be info, but I still don't quite get it! ...what happens when a country becomes current - does that mean your number does not get processed or is that when it is open ended and any number can be processed? Also how long do you have to wait to get your first letter after returning all your paperwork?
thanks

Can someone help answer this?

Can you mail AOS package on October 1st although your number on Bulettin is listed for November 2011? My Case Number is AS....15XXX and I am trying to do an AOS here in US. When do I expect this number to be current? Also can I switch to CP anytime if I decide to do so and how do I know until when it may still be safe to change from AOS to CP in the process.

Your answer is appriciated.

Hi. Where is this EU person with 33xxx? I cannot find him in this thread.

I was reading other DV lottery forums and there are lots of people with EU numbers above 30XXXX. IS it because there are more applicants this year? If, so does it mean that people with high case numbers have less chances than last year?

Yeah, maybe so. But I will do CP, I can't do AOS since I have to apply together with my wife and she is not in US. I guess otherwise I would go for AOS.

hi,
what happend when your become current?
if your number is less than the number in the VB or its says "current" in your region without an excption of your country, that means you can file your AOS package. Keep in mind that you can file as soon as you are current in the "advance" notification as long as it is NOT beforer Octoper 1st.
about your second question, i dont understand which paperwork you meant. If its the AOS, i think its less than 2 weeks most of the time and someties even less than a week. but if you meant the reply for the pakage you sent to KCC, it varied but its not important anyways as long as you are sure they got what you sent. hope it helps:)
I have searched through the forum about case numbers as someone said there would be info, but I still don't quite get it! ...what happens when a country becomes current - does that mean your number does not get processed or is that when it is open ended and any number can be processed? Also how long do you have to wait to get your first letter after returning all your paperwork?
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
hello gamanp,
lucky you, you have a low number. Keep an eye on the VB, I think you can send your AOS package on December or January maybe sooner. its best to do AOS if you know that you are in statuse and didnt violate your status before.
Yes you can change to CP but i dont know how long it will take and how to do it, Call KCC or read the "2011 AOS only" thread or better do both. good luck :)
Can you mail AOS package on October 1st although your number on Bulettin is listed for November 2011? My Case Number is AS....15XXX and I am trying to do an AOS here in US. When do I expect this number to be current? Also can I switch to CP anytime if I decide to do so and how do I know until when it may still be safe to change from AOS to CP in the process.

Your answer is appriciated.

Thanks xrj! I'm actually processing CP, so wondering when I may get confirmation that they received my DS 120 and 230...as for the question about what "current" means this is what was written on a dv info site
"When the case number reads current means there are no more case numbers available for the fiscal year program as the visas had already exhausted for that fiscal year DV Lottery program for that country or the region."
that's why the confusion! Is is cut-off mark or open end

your very wellcome,
sorry i thought you are doing AOS. I don't know much about CP. It would be nice if you write your info in your signature so others can assist you better.
about "Current" "C" means current, i.e., numbers are available for all qualified applicants. So, it is an open end. Its confusing too what was quote. But, I am sure that It's very clear what does Current means in the VB in this link http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5518.html you can always call KCC at 606-526-7500. In face I called them yesterday and asked them if the got my DS122, photes etc, and they said "Yes" they will send me a letter later to let me know that they know of my intention to do AOS and give some Instructions to pay the DVlottery fee of $440 etc. but i know that we can pay it without waiting for a reply from KCC. wish that helps and good luck
Thanks xrj! I'm actually processing CP, so wondering when I may get confirmation that they received my DS 120 and 230...as for the question about what "current" means this is what was written on a dv info site
"When the case number reads current means there are no more case numbers available for the fiscal year program as the visas had already exhausted for that fiscal year DV Lottery program for that country or the region."
that's why the confusion! Is is cut-off mark or open end

October bulletin is out and numbers look similar to last three years. Let's see how they will move. I think by December we should have a clear picture for the rest of the year.

Dear Forumites,

Please the below questions have been given me a sleepless nights.
I'll be much happy if the experience guys in the house could help me.

1. Question 10 on DS-230 Part I ( Permanent address in the United States where you intend to live and name of a person who currently lives there)
- Is it necessary to have somebody in United States whom you’ll live with?
- If the answer is N/A, what’s the possible implication or how does USA accommodates the visa lottery immigrants?

2. Question 17 on DS-230 Part I ( Spouse’s occupation)
- Could “STUDENT” be given as the answer or N/A due to the reason that she’s is a non-working student?

3. Question 18 on DS-230 Part I ( Date of Marriage)
- The date in our marriage certificate is a date after the closure of dvlottery registration but prior to the dvlottery selection’s date. Please, could inputting this date brings problem or what is the appropriate decision to abduct?

4. Question 19 on DS-230 Part I ( Father’s family Name------First Name------Middle Name)
5. Question 24 on DS-230 Part I (Mother’s family Name at Birth---First Name---Middle Name)
- If DS-230 is for primary applicant, are questions 19 & 24 for primary applicant’s parents or for Spouse’s parents?

6. Question 33 on DS-230 Part I (List below all educational institutions attended)
- Could secondary school and primary school included in the list, if so, what would be written as course of study and degree or diploma?
- Could I furnish only my degree information?

7. Question 3 on DSP-122 Part II (Address at which you receive your mail. Give any change of mailing address here)
- Could I write mailing address different to mailing address which I used during registration?

Please when is the possible month to be current.
CN - 2012AF00014***

Thanks for your speared time.