2012 Mar N400 Tracker

saying 'minor' I meant it's a minor traffic citation, not DUI, not evading the law enforcement officer, etc.
During the interview, IO has to make sure you paid the ticket or got it resolved in any other manner.
I would recommend to obtain the records on your citation (the ticket, the court disposition, etc), since the IO may require to substantiate your case with the material evidence. If the fine was over $500 you must provide the documentation. For smaller tickets, the officer still may want to take a look into it.

Doesn't matter how old is your citation. It still has to be put on your form (or at least disclosed during the interview).

OK, thanks for the clarification on "minor", I should have thought about it as a minor cann't drive :(.

Regarding "obtain the records on your citation" - how to do that, should i contact the DMV or the court? what kind of records are we talking about here...?
... and as far as my citiation fine goes, I think it's about ~$200.00 or so.

I only have a few days left and so I need to act as quick as posisble, thanks for your informaiton here, appreciate it...

OK, thanks for the clarification on "minor", I should have thought about it as a minor cann't drive :(.
Minors (<18yo) can legally drive in CA
Regarding "obtain the records on your citation" - how to do that, should i contact the DMV or the court? what kind of records are we talking about here...?
... and as far as my citiation fine goes, I think it's about ~$200.00 or so.

I only have a few days left and so I need to act as quick as posisble, thanks for your informaiton here, appreciate it...

By law, you have to provide the sufficient evidence of your citation (which is the original ticket or its certified copy) and the court disposition. Since you have none, I would suggest you try and go to the court and get the disposition from them. I believe, the officer will be satisfied with that, since it's really a small infraction.
If this is impossible, then you can try and pull your driving record from DMV (it will be clean though) and/or try and find any paper/email showing the payment on the ticket.
If you still get nothing, just disclose the tickets and the facts to the officer during the interview. There is a big chance, the officer will take it well and proceed on the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
USC now....

DO: Portland, or

06/07/07: Gc (employment)
03/19/12: N-400 mailed to phoenix, az with usps
03/21/12: N-400 delivered
03/22/12: N-400 priority date
03/26/12: Personal check cashed
03/29/12: Noa recvd
04/18/12: Fp notice mailed
04/20/12: Fp notice recvd
05/16/12: Fp done
05/18/12: Online status changed to "testing and interview"
06/28/12: Online status indicates that IL sent
07/02/12: IL recvd
08/06/12: Interview
08/06/12: Oath

xx/xx/12: Pp application
xx/xx/12: Pp received

Interview experience in Portland, OR

I and my wife scheduled for an interview and reached the DO around 9.25 and completed our security screening in time for my interview schedule at 9.30 am. I was told to wait in a waiting room upstairs and after a wait of more than 35 min, called by an Officer. She apologized for the delay and chatting while taking me to her office and is very nice and courteous.
She took me to her office and before I seated, requested me swear in. Once seated, she requested for me GC, Driving license and passport. Though I took so many other documents as described in this forum, none was requested.
She opened a file that is around 2~3 inches thick and compared my details with that and verified my address and other details. She asked me whether I traveled out of country after my N-400 and then started asking questions or confirm what answers provided in my N-400 still relevant. Once that is completed, she requested me to read ‘What is the most populist state in America?’ and write ‘California is the most populist state in America’.
She then followed with the following civics questions:
1. What is the supreme law of the land?
2. Who veto the bills?
3. In the event that the President no longer serve the nation who will become President?
4. How many judges in the Supreme Court?
5. Who is the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court?
6. Name one state that borders Canada?
She stopped and said congratulations on passing the test and said she is providing me a sheet showing that I passed the test. She asked whether I am willing to take oath in the afternoon which I said sure. She then printed another letter to bring for oath ceremony in the afternoon and wished be all the best. My whole interview was over by 10.30.
The same was the routine for my wife and we both went back to the DO in the afternoon around 1.30 pm. The entire ceremony went well and it was very nice to end our immigration journey after a long time. I wish all the best for the rest of the folks who are in this journey.

Thanks

I and my wife scheduled for an interview and reached the DO around 9.25 and completed our security screening in time for my interview schedule at 9.30 am. I was told to wait in a waiting room upstairs and after a wait of more than 35 min, called by an Officer. She apologized for the delay and chatting while taking me to her office and is very nice and courteous.
She took me to her office and before I seated, requested me swear in. Once seated, she requested for me GC, Driving license and passport. Though I took so many other documents as described in this forum, none was requested.
She opened a file that is around 2~3 inches thick and compared my details with that and verified my address and other details. She asked me whether I traveled out of country after my N-400 and then started asking questions or confirm what answers provided in my N-400 still relevant. Once that is completed, she requested me to read ‘What is the most populist state in America?’ and write ‘California is the most populist state in America’.
She then followed with the following civics questions:
1. What is the supreme law of the land?
2. Who veto the bills?
3. In the event that the President no longer serve the nation who will become President?
4. How many judges in the Supreme Court?
5. Who is the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court?
6. Name one state that borders Canada?
She stopped and said congratulations on passing the test and said she is providing me a sheet showing that I passed the test. She asked whether I am willing to take oath in the afternoon which I said sure. She then printed another letter to bring for oath ceremony in the afternoon and wished be all the best. My whole interview was over by 10.30.
The same was the routine for my wife and we both went back to the DO in the afternoon around 1.30 pm. The entire ceremony went well and it was very nice to end our immigration journey after a long time. I wish all the best for the rest of the folks who are in this journey.

Thanks

Congratulations!!!!

Interview approved, oath taken, finally!!!

Finally, my journey is finished today.

I went into my interview at Baltimore DO today at 9:30AM. It was pretty quick. Fortunately, the IO was the person whom I had a talk to regarding my withdrawal of the previous case a few weeks ago (during an infopass), and was already aware of everything about my case. So, we quickly went over the civic test and English test part, then my application was approved!!!!

I had to wait almost two hours after the interview for the same-day oath ceremony. It was small group (about 50 people) and quick itself. By 1:30PM, I was able to bring my naturalization certificate home.

Thanks for support from all of you on this forum so far. (After messing up my first application), it's been pretty hard and support and information from this forum has been tremendously helpful. Good luck to everyone for the rest of your journey!!!

hearty Congratulations!!!

Finally, my journey is finished today.

I went into my interview at Baltimore DO today at 9:30AM. It was pretty quick. Fortunately, the IO was the person whom I had a talk to regarding my withdrawal of the previous case a few weeks ago (during an infopass), and was already aware of everything about my case. So, we quickly went over the civic test and English test part, then my application was approved!!!!

I had to wait almost two hours after the interview for the same-day oath ceremony. It was small group (about 50 people) and quick itself. By 1:30PM, I was able to bring my naturalization certificate home.

Thanks for support from all of you on this forum so far. (After messing up my first application), it's been pretty hard and support and information from this forum has been tremendously helpful. Good luck to everyone for the rest of your journey!!!

Hey,

hearty congratulations!!!

So you had your interview and oath on the same day??? If so does this happen in some DO's?

07/17/2012 Oath ceremony

Dear All,

Could someone provide me a list of documents or a link(I have seen a link somewhere in this forum in the past, I wasn't in need of that then) for the documents required while apprearing for an interview next month for naturalization interview. My case is employment based applying after 5 years of waiting eligibility qualification - applying for both self and spouse, simple case.

thanks in adavence.

05/24/2012 N-400 mailed to Phoenix, AZ with FedEx Overnight
05/25/2012 N-400 Delivered to Phoenix, AZ
05/31/2012 Check Cashed
06/05/2012 NOA received PD:05/25/2012
06/07/2012 Email notification Bio is scheduled
06/12/2012 Bio Notice received for 07/03/2012
07/03/2012 Figner print/bio done
07/06/2012 Online status changed to "testing and interview"
07/10/2012 Email notification - case was "placed in line for interview"
07/14/2012 NOA received - Interview - 08/14/2012 - DONE all went well!
07/17/2012 Oath ceremony

oathing ceremony

Dear All,

Could someone provide me a list of documents or a link(I have seen a link somewhere in this forum in the past, I wasn't in need of that then) for the documents required while apprearing for an interview next month for naturalization interview. My case is employment based applying after 5 years of waiting eligibility qualification - applying for both self and spouse, simple case.

thanks in adavence.

05/31/2012 Check Cashed
07/17/2012 Oath ceremony

Folks.,

I had my interview today and my oathing ceremnoy is on this Friday. What exactly the process and what to expect?

Thanks

05/31/2012 Check Cashed
07/17/2012 Oath ceremony
07/17/2012 Oathing ceremony done
07/17/2012 Citizen of the United States of America!

Thank you everyone for you help and the information throughout, this forum has been the best every since I started my naturalization journey back in 2004.

Wish you all for the success on this journey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marchers,

Finally tomorrow I will become a proud American citizen. My oath will be conducted in the town where I work and am excited about it

Thanks everyone!