2012 Mar N400 Tracker

End Of Journey

My wife & I became US citizens today. My wife changed her last name to my last name but she did not get any name change certificate. All she got was the naturalization certificate with the new last name. Anyone know if this is an issue for OCI?

you will receive in usps mail from court. Ours was also same case in Ohio, received the Court name change order in mail after 1 week of Oath.

Oath at West Palm Beach

Me and my wife had interviews on 7/11/2012. Interview was quick and in very friendly air. Was out in 20 minutes. Immigration Officer was very nice and polite.

Officer had questions printed with my file.

1.How many voting members in house ?
2.We elect representatives of house for how many years ?
3.Who is our chief justice ?
4.How many supreme court judges ?
5.Who wrote declaration of independence ?
6.Where is statue of Liberty ?

I got easy ones compared to my wife.

While leaving, officer said we will probably have Oath ceremony in first or second week of August. She made a note on my file asking to schedule my oath with spouse.

Smooth so far, here it gets confusing.

Yesterday we got her oath letter in mail, scheduled for Monday July 23rd at West Palm Beach Office. Same day we got a phone call (voice mail) about my oath ceremony scheduled for Tuesday July 24th at West Palm Beach office.

I find it hard to believe that they will have Oath Ceremonies everyday. But, will do per schedule, am not asking for re-scheduling.

I went to the Social Security Office and they told me to come back 10 days after i got my naturalization certificate.

Congrat.
Could you please share your wife's question?
Thanks

Me and my wife had interviews on 7/11/2012. Interview was quick and in very friendly air. Was out in 20 minutes. Immigration Officer was very nice and polite.

Officer had questions printed with my file.

1.How many voting members in house ?
2.We elect representatives of house for how many years ?
3.Who is our chief justice ?
4.How many supreme court judges ?
5.Who wrote declaration of independence ?
6.Where is statue of Liberty ?

I got easy ones compared to my wife.

While leaving, officer said we will probably have Oath ceremony in first or second week of August. She made a note on my file asking to schedule my oath with spouse.

Smooth so far, here it gets confusing.

Yesterday we got her oath letter in mail, scheduled for Monday July 23rd at West Palm Beach Office. Same day we got a phone call (voice mail) about my oath ceremony scheduled for Tuesday July 24th at West Palm Beach office.

I find it hard to believe that they will have Oath Ceremonies everyday. But, will do per schedule, am not asking for re-scheduling.

Interview

My interview was scheduled for this morning at 7AM. I was called in around 7:35Am and the interview lasted about 15 minutes. I had to raise my right hand and swear that everything I said was the truth. Then, the IO reviewed my application. My questions were:
1) What is the supreme law?
2) During World war II who did the US fight?
3) What is the capital of Florida?
4) What is an amendment?
5) What is a promise you make when you become a US citizen?
6) What do we show loyalty to when we say the Pledge of Allegiance?

I was given form N-652 Naturalization Interview Results stating that application was recommended for approval and another sheet with the Pledge of Allegiance to learn for the oath ceremony. My oath ceremony will not take place until next month as I am requesting a name change which has to be handled at the court and the court holds oath ceremonies once a month.

Is there anyone from Mar 2012 still waiting for Interview and Oath?

Hi,

I am scheduled for Interview on Aug 6th 2012 and would like to know is there anyone still waiting for Interview / Oath schedule?

Thanks

I am waiting for oath letter. My interview was done on June 18 and Application was placed in oath scheduling queue on June 21. Since then I am waiting and wait seems to be eternal...

Hi,

I am scheduled for Interview on Aug 6th 2012 and would like to know is there anyone still waiting for Interview / Oath schedule?

Thanks

Finally had the oath ceremony today. Both my wife applied for the passport via expedited process. It came to $450 incl. $25 fee each for USPS - a little high we felt. But guess, we are in the momentum to get it over with.

Thank you guys for all for the information. This forum rocks !!!!

----
06/01/07: GC
03/10/12: N-400 mailed to Phoenix, AZ with Fedex (Day 1)
03/13/12: N-400 delivered
03/15/12: N-400 priority date
03/19/12: Personal Check cashed
03/19/12: NOA recvd
03/23/12: FP notice mailed
03/26/12: FP notice recvd
03/28/12: FP done
06/13/12: Interview
07/25/12: Oath
07/25/12: PP application
xx/xx/12: PP received

07/14/2012 NOA received - Interview - 08/14/2012

05/24/2012 N-400 mailed to Phoenix, AZ with FedEx Overnight
05/25/2012 N-400 Delivered to Phoenix, AZ
05/31/2012 Check Cashed
06/05/2012 NOA received PD:05/25/2012
06/07/2012 Email notification Bio is scheduled
06/12/2012 Bio Notice received for 07/03/2012
07/03/2012 Figner print/bio done
07/06/2012 Online status changed to "testing and interview"
07/10/2012 Email notification - case was "placed in line for interview"

uscis naturalization interview document checklist

Dear All,

Could someone provide me a list of documents or a link(I have seen a link somewhere in this forum in the past, I wasn't in need of that then) for the documents required while apprearing for an interview next month for naturalization interview. My case is employment based applying after 5 years of waiting eligibility qualification - applying for both self and spouse, simple case.

thanks in adavence.

05/31/2012 Check Cashed

Dear All,

Could someone provide me a list of documents or a link(I have seen a link somewhere in this forum in the past, I wasn't in need of that then) for the documents required while apprearing for an interview next month for naturalization interview. My case is employment based applying after 5 years of waiting eligibility qualification - applying for both self and spouse, simple case.

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?288288-Documents-needed-for-Naturalization

N-400 & Traffic violation citation

Thank you, Marusia_GC!

Hi Experts,

While preparing for the checklist of documents required for the interview, I saw the following comment from the link above.

"I know there have always been controversies over traffic tickets/citations as to whether they should be disclosed on N-400 or not, but what people don't seem to understand is that INS requires a full disclosure of ALL citations/tickets regardless of those citiations would have any impact on the decision or not"

I actually marked "No" for traffic citation and I'm not given any point but only a fine. Then in California we can go for traffic school and pay the fine in the court and we are done with it, which is what I did back in 2006 for a traffic violation citation.

Will this be a problem during my interview and can influence the naturalization decision from favoring to me?

Please let me know.

Thank you

---------------------------
05/31/2012 Check Cashed

Disclose it during the interview, be prepared to provide the ticket and the court disposition, and you should be fine. If it'was $500+ ticket, IO will take your papers. For minor ones, (s)he may take a look or rely on your word.

Disclose it during the interview, be prepared to provide the ticket and the court disposition, and you should be fine. If it'was $500+ ticket, IO will take your papers. For minor ones, (s)he may take a look or rely on your word.

Thanks -me-, it's not for a minor and is for an adult. I don't have any kind of information on that citation, do you want me to contact DMV/court to get the details, I might have the date of citation somewhere. I kind of took it easy that's simply beacuse I got citation about 6+ years ago and thought it wasnt required to mention.

saying 'minor' I meant it's a minor traffic citation, not DUI, not evading the law enforcement officer, etc.
During the interview, IO has to make sure you paid the ticket or got it resolved in any other manner.
I would recommend to obtain the records on your citation (the ticket, the court disposition, etc), since the IO may require to substantiate your case with the material evidence. If the fine was over $500 you must provide the documentation. For smaller tickets, the officer still may want to take a look into it.

Doesn't matter how old is your citation (since the day you received your LPR status, of course). It still has to be put on your form (or at least disclosed during the interview).

Last edited by a moderator: