2012 Mar N400 Tracker

Mitra88 what do you mean by Voluntary withdrawal?

After almost 40 days in In Line for Interview Scheduling, finally my interview has been scheduled (according to the website).

I didn't mean to pry in your business though, it made me curious of your situation especially after approval and you decided to withdraw (according to your signature) and now you are reapplying. Is there something you can share with us?

Long time for change in status

I got a notification that my case is placed in oath que. Oh...so excited. Hope they schedule my oath soon. Can't wait to run to mail box from tomorrow as soon as USPS man leaves :)

Dear Caforum 1

I noticed a significant amount of time between the FP date and the change in status for in queue for interview. Any particular reason you know why this happened? I'm in a holding pattern at this point and its driving me crazy!!! (see my signature)
FP in June 14 and no email updates as of 7/4!!!

Mitra,

My wife has completed her walk in FP. Based on your case, USCIS might take a month before the interview can be scheduled for my wife at Balimore DO!

But why did you withdraw your approved N-400 in March 12. I am just curious...

Hi, sarwarmd.

My case was a little complicated. After the successful interview, I was waiting for the same-day oath ceremony at Baltimore DO. Suddenly, the officer who interviewed me came out in pale blue to bring me back to his office, and said that my application was, in fact, not eligible because mine didn't meet 3-3-3 rule by nine days. To be eligible for citizenship via spousal citizenship, you must be a permanent resident for three years, you must be married for three years, and your spouse must have been a citizen for three years prior to submitting an N-400 application. I had been a permanent resident for three years (-90 days grade period), I have been married more than 10 years, but my wife was 9 days short from 3 years since she became a citizen when I submitted my N-400. No one ever noticed that until the moment I was waiting for my oath ceremony, including myself, the initial screening officer at Texas center, and the interviewing officer at Baltimore DO.

The officer basically rushed me to write a voluntary request for withdrawal of my case, since it was obviously the fault of the USCIS by processing my application without checking the eligibility (usually this kind of ineligible application should have been returned after the initial screening), and the case was already approved at the moment. All they wanted was to avoid the trouble. According to my friend who's the district office director of USCIS at another city, I could have appealed for the approval based on the error from USCIS. However, I also didn't want trouble with these people. So, I wrote the request letter as the officer wished for. The case was withdrawn. I had to submit mine again. No fee was waived. Had to fingerprint again. No preference was given for re-interview. Just double the time, double the money.

From what I have experienced, you might want to calculate your estimated interview scheduling date from your priority date, not from your fingerprinting date. Some people do fingerprinting early with walkin, but they don't necessarily get their interview scheduled earlier than others. It appears that DO ques all applications based on their priority dates before they are scheduled an interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't mean to pry in your business though, it made me curious of your situation especially after approval and you decided to withdraw (according to your signature) and now you are reapplying. Is there something you can share with us?

Please refer to the post right above. It's a long story to repeat. :)

vkums, do you have any idea regarding DO - Columbus, OH have Oath ceremony how many times in the month? 1-2 times in the month? fyi..I am from Columbus, OH DO...

I asked the same question to the immigration officer and I was told it depends on the number of applicants and Judges availability. Based on the tracker I could see it is once a month in Columbus.

It seems like a wait of another 2 and half months

Hi Mitra,

Your priority date is 03/23. My wife's priority date is 6/7. Now your interview date is 7/3. Since we are from the same DO office, Baltimore and based on this analysis, my wife need to wait for another 2 and half months to get her interview call..

Hi, sarwarmd.

My case was a little complicated. After the successful interview, I was waiting for the same-day auth ceremony at Baltimore DO. Suddenly, the officer who interviewed me came out in pale blue to bring me back to his office, and said that my application was, in fact, not eligible because mine didn't meet 3-3-3 rule by nine days. To be eligible for citizenship via spousal citizenship, you must be a permanent resident for three years, you must be married for three years, and your spouse must have been a citizen for three years prior to submitting an N-400 application. I had been a permanent resident for three years (-90 days grade period), I have been married more than 10 years, but my wife was 9 days short from 3 years since she became a citizen when I submitted my N-400. No one ever noticed that until the moment I was waiting for my auth ceremony, including myself, the initial screening officer at Texas center, and the interviewing officer at Baltimore DO.

The officer basically rushed me to write a voluntary request for withdrawal of my case, since it was obviously the fault of the USCIS by processing my application without checking the eligibility (usually this kind of ineligible application should have been returned after the initial screening), and the case was already approved at the moment. All they wanted was to avoid the trouble. According to my friend who's the district office director of USCIS at another city, I could have appealed for the approval based on the error from USCIS. However, I also didn't want trouble with these people. So, I wrote the request letter as the officer wished for. The case was withdrawn. I had to submit mine again. No fee was waived. Had to fingerprint again. No preference was given for re-interview. Just double the time, double the money.

From what I have experienced, you might want to calculate your estimated interview scheduling date from your priority date, not from your fingerprinting date. Some people do fingerprinting early with walkin, but they don't necessarily get their interview scheduled earlier than others. It appears that DO ques all applications based on their priority dates before they are scheduled an interview.

Dear Caforum 1

I noticed a significant amount of time between the FP date and the change in status for in queue for interview. Any particular reason you know why this happened? I'm in a holding pattern at this point and its driving me crazy!!! (see my signature)
FP in June 14 and no email updates as of 7/4!!!

I don't know the reason (I wish I did :) ) ...my guess is that they were waiting for me to complete my 5 years residency (which was completed on June 4th). So they waited a couple of months than scheduled interview after 5 years residency. Its totally my guess..I don't know for sure

Otherway I looked at it is compared my stats to Kansas City DO applicants, It seems its allover the map..people have got interview notice within a week of finishing the bio vs. People like me who waited almost 2 monhts. So not sure what drives them to schedule an interview

adv. cttitu

I don't know the reason (I wish I did :) ) ...my guess is that they were waiting for me to complete my 5 years residency (which was completed on June 4th). So they waited a couple of months than scheduled interview after 5 years residency. Its totally my guess..I don't know for sure

Otherway I looked at it is compared my stats to Kansas City DO applicants, It seems its allover the map..people have got interview notice within a week of finishing the bio vs. People like me who waited almost 2 monhts. So not sure what drives them to schedule an interview

Thanks for the feedback. I was hoping to see something this week as the official FP date was 7/3 We'll see. If your assumption is correct, then I will only see an advance after 8/8. In the meantime, keep holding my breath. It just reminds me of the three year nightmare wait at the hands of the labor cert backlog center. I hate this processes!!!

Online status changed to "testing and interview"

05/24/2012 N-400 mailed to Phoenix, AZ with FedEx Overnight
05/25/2012 N-400 Delivered to Phoenix, AZ
05/31/2012 Check Cashed
06/05/2012 NOA received PD:05/25/2012
06/07/2012 Email notification Bio is scheduled
06/12/2012 Bio Notice received for 07/03/2012
07/03/2012 Figner print/bio done
07/06/2012 Online status changed to "testing and interview"

N400

I've got notifications yesterday that my oath ceremony letter has been mailed, so happy!!
Good luck for the rest of the crew that still waiting, thanx

Chicago DO N-400 - In line for Interview Scheduling >60 days

Seems like a long line for Interview scheduling at Chicago DO. I'm in line for 2 months now.....
Anyone else out there waiting for interview scheduling this long? Thanks!
Here's my N-400 timeline:

Email notification - case was "placed in line for interview"

05/24/2012 N-400 mailed to Phoenix, AZ with FedEx Overnight
05/25/2012 N-400 Delivered to Phoenix, AZ
05/31/2012 Check Cashed
06/05/2012 NOA received PD:05/25/2012
06/07/2012 Email notification Bio is scheduled
06/12/2012 Bio Notice received for 07/03/2012
07/03/2012 Figner print/bio done
07/06/2012 Online status changed to "testing and interview"
07/10/2012 Email notification - case was "placed in line for interview"

N-400 March tracker

At last.........
Finally received the oath ceremony letter today and it's schedule for 7/26/12, thanx

IL received

Just got the Interview Letter Monday. It was scheduled for 8/11/2012. Hopefully with the same-day oath, my journey also may end that date!!

Just got the Interview Letter Monday. It was scheduled for 8/11/2012. Hopefully with the same-day oath, my journey also may end that date!!

If your interview is scheduled in early morning you will get oath same day.
Good luck!