2012 February N-400 Tracker

Thank you for your prompt and detailed reply.

Did they want to see the FP notice letter from USCIS ? If yes, let's hope they do not mind you have gone there earlier.

Another question: Do you thinki you can be penalized or rejected by USCIS that you have been FP yearlier, trying to be ahead of time ?

Proxyon,

I don't think they would penalize me for going early as there are thousands of people doing it and I have had no problem whatsoever. In fact, I am ahead with an interview in a couple of weeks when other people will have to wait a couple of months for it. I want it to come out as fast as possible as I am going to bring my parents here so I don't mind a being a couple of weeks ahead of everyone. But be careful, I am not taking other people's place as the office was empty and I did not take off any of the other applicants' time for going early to get my FPs done. Don't think about it too much, it's a simple procedure.

They did ask me for the letter but they read it and asked me for ID and that was it. I showed them my passport and my Green Card. No penalty. It's something very laid back and nobody should have any problems as long as they cooperate with the USCIS staff and are friendly. They were very corteous and professional as well as should you be.

I checked my DO, which is Houston, and it looks like they answer more cases than they have applicants so they are ahead of schedule. The statistics say it takes 5 months but it may take 4 and a half or if I'm really lucky 4 months. Like I said, 2 or 3 weeks is good enough for me as it means my parents get here 2 or 3 weeks before planned.

Hope this helps.

guys, I am closing on my 3rd week and entering 4th week, and still no sign of FP letter. Any information on this?

Patience...

Charlotte, NC. I should say its my 4th week with no FP intimation.

If I look at trackitt.com for other cases with DO = Charlotte, many of the recent cases are taking about 5-6 weeks to get their FP notice after NOA received. So, as with all things, have patience and I'm sure your letter will come soon. You can check your N400 status online to see when USCIS mailed your notice, then you will get it a few days later.
Good luck!

Thank you rjackal. I would be very interested to hear your views, whether:

a) it is helping applicants shorten their processing time
b) having no effect at all
c) or increasing processing times

when you do FP's before the prescribed time. You seem to have done your homework, having studied the data, what pattern do you see if any?

If I look at trackitt.com for other cases with DO = Charlotte, many of the recent cases are taking about 5-6 weeks to get their FP notice after NOA received. So, as with all things, have patience and I'm sure your letter will come soon. You can check your N400 status online to see when USCIS mailed your notice, then you will get it a few days later.
Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'm no expert, I've only been on the forums for a month, but am quite interested in the whole process. :) It appears to me that most people do walk-in FP before their appointment, and it does not delay the process. From most people's stories, they go early and are accepted in to do early FP. If the DO is very busy, they may turn you away, but the worst that can happen is then you come back at your appointment time.
I'm choosing to go at my appointed time. It's a 40 minute drive to Detroit and I don't want to deal with grumpy civil service workers. :)
If it's convenient for you to visit your DO, then give early FP a try.

Thank you rjackal. I would be very interested to hear your views, whether:

a) it is helping applicants shorten their processing time
b) having no effect at all
c) or increasing processing times

when you do FP's before the prescribed time. You seem to have done your homework, having studied the data, what pattern do you see if any?

I received the Request for Applicant to Appear for Naturalization Initial Interview today. The appointment is for the 12th of April so I have one month to study the 100 questions to ace the interview. Almost there!! :D

Congratulations!

I received the Request for Applicant to Appear for Naturalization Initial Interview today. The appointment is for the 12th of April so I have one month to study the 100 questions to ace the interview. Almost there!! :D

Hey Infastocawn.... You are flying.... Congratulations. I guess the San Bernarndino DO in California is really busy becuase I haven't received my IL yet. I hope to receive it pretty soon :)

Get on those questions and good luck. keep us updated.

Congrats, your case proves that it helps to do FP as walk-in. I received IM today that FP notice has been mailed.

February N-400

GC 05/02/2007 Missouri
N400 mailed 02/04/2012
N400 received by USCIS 02/06/2012
FP notice sent out 02/14/2012
FP done 02/29/2012

Interview

Hi

Can I walk-in to interview ? Here is the status

Application Filed : 01/25/2012
Priority Dt: 01/27/2012
Check Cashed : 01/20/2012
NOA Recieved : 02/03/2012
USCIS Recieved Dt : 01/27/2012
FP notice dt : 01/27/2012
FP recd : 02/11/2012
FP Done : 02/13/2012 [ walk-in ]
Interview Letter Recd : 03/09/2012
Interview Date : 04/10/2012

Can I walk in ? I have plans to go overseas for vacation on June 13th and afraid I will be close to getting my passport and getting an OCI card from India which takes 53 days approx. No fast processing there.

Another option I am thinking is, get the oath done, do not apply for US passport until I come back from India in July. Basically, use the Indian passport until I return

Or one more choice is get the US passport in June before leaving to India. Travel using Indian passport as 3 months (from the date of getting US passport) is allowed to travel is what I am hearing.

Can someone advise ?

Any advise is much appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Can I walk-in to interview ? Here is the status

Application Filed : 01/25/2012
Priority Dt: 01/27/2012
Check Cashed : 01/20/2012
NOA Recieved : 02/03/2012
USCIS Recieved Dt : 01/27/2012
FP notice dt : 01/27/2012
FP recd : 02/11/2012
FP Done : 02/13/2012 [ walk-in ]
Interview Letter Recd : 03/09/2012
Interview Date : 04/10/2012

Can I walk in ? I have plans to go overseas for vacation on June 13th and afraid I will be close to getting my passport and getting an OCI card from India which takes 53 days approx. No fast processing there.

Another option I am thinking is, get the oath done, do not apply for US passport until I come back from India in July. Basically, use the Indian passport until I return

Or one more choice is get the US passport in June before leaving to India. Travel using Indian passport as 3 months (from the date of getting US passport) is allowed to travel is what I am hearing.

Can someone advise ?

Any advise is much appreciated.

Thanks

1. You cannot do walk-in for interview.
2. If you are a US citizen (after oath) you must use your US passport to enter the US.

I did walk-in to interview ? and Here is the status

Application Filed : 02/22/2012
Priority Dt: 02/22/2012
Check Cashed :--
NOA Recieved : 02/27/2012
FP notice dt : 03/09/2012
FP recd :03 /12/2012
FP Done : 03/12/2012 [ walk-in ]
Interview Scheduling stats update:03/14/2012
Interview Letter Recd :
Interview Date :

thanks