2012 February N-400 Tracker

I also plan to do walk-in FP. Got the letter via mail on 2/18. Wondering the USCIS office open tomorrow (President Day)?

I also plan to do walk-in FP. Got the letter via mail on 2/18. Wondering the USCIS office open tomorrow (President Day)?
The office will not be open; President's Day is a federal holiday. (Citizenship Test Question #100! :))
This also explains why I didn't get my FP notice in the mail today, no mail delivery either! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone,

Joining the February list. Application is based on 5 yrs of continious residence

Sent FP done

So went to do my FP today. My scheduled date was for 02/29/12. The Riverside Office that was assigned to me was really busy and I almost thought they were going to ask me to return on my scheduled date. However the people there were really courteous and nice and allowed me to do my fingerprints! :). I guess now it's just a matter of waiting for my IL :)

01/30/12: N-400 mailed to Phoenix, AZ with Fedex (1 day)
02/01/12: N-400 delivered (3 Days)
02/07/12: Check cashed (9 Days)
02/09/12: NOA recvd (11 Days)
02/14/12: Status as of this date is in "Initial Review" (16 days)
02/14/12: FP notice mailed (16 days)
02/16/12: FP notice recvd (18 days)
02/22/12: FP done (24 days)
xx/xx/12: Online Status changed to "Testing and Interview"
xx/xx/12: IL recvd
xx/xx/12: Interview
xx/xx/12: Oath
xx/xx/12: PP application
xx/xx/12: PP received

FP Done via Walk-In

Went to do my FP this morning at San Jose office through walk-in. Done within 30 minutes. Original schedule was 5 March.

It will be interesting to see if those of you who did walk-in FP will be done any sooner.
I'm going to wait till my FP appt. on 3/15.

N-400 tracking :: Joining February club.....

Finally applied for citizenship after 9 years of employment based GC.

N-400 was mailed to Lewissville, TX as I live in NJ.

Mailed via USPS (Day 00)- 02/21/12
Received by USCIS (Day 1d) - 02/22/12
Check cashed (Day 7d)- 02/28/12

Online Status changed to In line for Interview

I guess my FP are in! It took less than 1 week! Yesterday I received a txt notification that I'm in line for my interview. The online Status has changed from Initial Review to "Testing and Interview"

02/28/12: Online Status changed to "Testing and Interview" (30 days)

I guess my FP are in! It took less than 1 week! Yesterday I received a txt notification that I'm in line for my interview. The online Status has changed from Initial Review to "Testing and Interview"

02/28/12: Online Status changed to "Testing and Interview" (30 days)

Wow! You are super fast!! I did my FP on 2/23. Where did you do your FP?

I received an email notification, as well as a text message on my cell, about the new status of my case today. It's moving pretty fast, hopefully we will get an interview letter in less than 30 days because after you receive the letter you have to wait a couple of weeks to actually go to the interview.

Anyway, glad to know there's only two more steps to be a US Citizen. :cool:

Super Fast FP

Wow! You are super fast!! I did my FP on 2/23. Where did you do your FP?

Hi Likuliku. I did my FP in Riverside County California. I think the office that will do my Interview will be in San Bernardino County... not so sure. Good luck! I'll keep you posted!

I have just received notification that my case has now been scheduled for Interview and that if I don't receive the interview letter in 14 days that I should contact USCIS. OMG, it's moving so fast.

What a great job USCIS is doing, congratulations and thanks guys!!

Very happy!! :D

2/16/12 - Day 16 - FP notice received Appt. date 2/29/12
2/17/12 - Day 17 - FP done (walk-in)

Infastocawn, I am just curious, how come your FP appt was for 2/29 and you did it on 2/17 ? That are 12 days earlier. Don't you have to wait for the exact date ?

2/16/12 - Day 16 - FP notice received Appt. date 2/29/12
2/17/12 - Day 17 - FP done (walk-in)

Infastocawn, I am just curious, how come your FP appt was for 2/29 and you did it on 2/17 ? That are 12 days earlier. Don't you have to wait for the exact date ?

Hello Proxyon,

I did what people here in this forum call a "Walk-in" which means you go to the fingerprints office and hope they let you take your prints ahead of time. From what I have seen, it works more than 99% of the time. When I went the office was empty, workers were talking to each other telling stories since no one was there waiting to be helped.

I received the FP letter and went the very next day. There are some offices that are very busy and there you may have to wait a long time but my guess is they won't reject you. My theory is that they will not even look at the date printed on the letter.

Anyway, try it since you have nothing to lose. If they reject you, just come back later. If they accept you, then you will be ahead of the rest of the people who waited for the actual date on their letters.

I read somewhere that even if you get your FP done early, that you would still be in the same time line as everyone else that did them on time but from what has happened to me, I am ahead of most people. For example, if I had gone on the 29th instead of the 17th, I would have to wait two more weeks to receive my interview letter and in the end two more weeks for the interview.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Thank you for your prompt and detailed reply.

Did they want to see the FP notice letter from USCIS ? If yes, let's hope they do not mind you have gone there earlier.

Another question: Do you thinki you can be penalized or rejected by USCIS that you have been FP yearlier, trying to be ahead of time ?