• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2012 DV winner from NEPAL

Of course you can, but wait.. 2xxxx is not high at all. 15000 is already current, wait for a couple of months and your number will be current. Don't be so impatient, capitalize on what you have now. A bird in hand is worth more than 2 birds in the bush.

Best of luck on your venture to greencard.

Prince you might have got your 2nd letter now, visa bulletine is out and it is 23,400 for asia.

Thank you sai-473 for your information. I am still not current. My case number is 28K. Will this number be current in next visa bulletin?

Counselor Processing Question!!! Please suggest!!!

Hello Everyone,

Looks like for the month of march, the case for Asia is 27000 and I am 1000 short of being current. If any one can answer this question I have, I would be highly appreciated. Actually, I am in F-1 student visa and working in a company as a part of the CPT program. In addition, my mom and dad are here in the USA as a tourist visa, staying with my sister ( my sister is a Permanent Resident ). My sister wants to extend my parent's tourist visa for 6 more months. I was wondering if extending their visa would affect my immigrant visa issuance to the USA from USA embassy in Nepal. Please do suggest me!!!

Regards,
prince23

extending visa is not illegal, it has nothing to do with you DV interview. but it might hamper your parents to get visa next time in NEPAL. as you will be DV holder and you sis is already DV holder

extending visa is not illegal, it has nothing to do with you DV interview. but it might hamper your parents to get visa next time in NEPAL. as you will be DV holder and you sis is already DV holder

Hi sai-473,
Thank you so much for your info.
prince23

Interview experience

Was there 15 mins earlier. Called in exactly at time.
The immigration office lead us in and told us to raise our right hands. Asked if we will tell the truth. Asked for drivers license, EADs passport, DV fee reciept, marriage license. Thats about it, he didn't ask for birth certificates or high school diploma or tax returns or employment letter. No affidavit of support needed.
After asking the yes no questions in the form, he said everything looked good and said he will recommend our application. I asked how long do we have to wait for the card, he said, "less than two weeks." and then he walked us out.

Good day today!

Was there 15 mins earlier. Called in exactly at time.
The immigration office lead us in and told us to raise our right hands. Asked if we will tell the truth. Asked for drivers license, EADs passport, DV fee reciept, marriage license. Thats about it, he didn't ask for birth certificates or high school diploma or tax returns or employment letter. No affidavit of support needed.
After asking the yes no questions in the form, he said everything looked good and said he will recommend our application. I asked how long do we have to wait for the card, he said, "less than two weeks." and then he walked us out.

Good day today!

Hi rdada,
Thank you for sharing. Where did you apply it for?

Everyone,
Visa bulletin for March 2012 is out and I am now current.But sadly, that has not been updated on my Entrant Status Check, the NL2. Any thoughts?
http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5664.html

Thank you,

Prince23,

Are you still doing CP or AOS? if you are doing AOS then it doesn't ever change, I got my greencard already and it still hasn't changed. But if you are going back to Nepal to get the visa then it will change.

Best of luck

Prince23,

Are you still doing CP or AOS? if you are doing AOS then it doesn't ever change, I got my greencard already and it still hasn't changed. But if you are going back to Nepal to get the visa then it will change.

Best of luck

Hi rdada,
I am going for CP. Therefore, I expect it to be changed soon. Congratulations on your green card. How was your interview and process experience? Can you share with us?
Thanks,

Lists of Documents required before interview for CP!!!

Everyone,
I am going back to my country for CP. I am wondering what documents should I prepare before I face the interview. How important is it to include my previous years tax forms/W-2/pay stubs/offer letter as a part of the documents. FYI, I am a F-1 student and on my CPT right now.If you have any list of documents suggestions that I might required before interview, I would highly appreciate that!!!

Thank you,

AOS cost

rDada,

Congratulation on your Green Card!

You did AOS, what was the total cost for filing? I485+DV fees?

My number is 37xxx and I am still not decided if I should go for AOS or CP. With current pace, I might be current in May if not then for sure in June

Thanks,
KV

rDada,

Congratulation on your Green Card!

You did AOS, what was the total cost for filing? I485+DV fees?

My number is 37xxx and I am still not decided if I should go for AOS or CP. With current pace, I might be current in May if not then for sure in June

Thanks,
KV

The total cost was the cost of the medicals for me and my wife (combined about 500) + cost of two DV fees (880) + cost of two I485 fees ( 2140) total.
so 3520 for me and my wife.

So for one person it will be about 1700- 1800.

The AOS interview experience was comparatively painless. It took about 5 minutes. I am in H1B and the immigration officer didn't even ask for my wife's (winner) high school diploma. He didn't ask affidavit of support either. AOS was better for me because i could do it from the comfort of my home, without having to travel and taking days off for the interview.

Thanks.

AOS local office

rdada,

Thanks for the input.

One more question, in the letter from KCC it says you need to file your I485 in the local office near to you, however going through the forum, i see people have been sending I485 to Chicago Lock box, which has really confused me. Can you please let us know, where did you file your I485? and which area/states you are in?

Thanks,
KV

rdada,

Thanks for the input.

One more question, in the letter from KCC it says you need to file your I485 in the local office near to you, however going through the forum, i see people have been sending I485 to Chicago Lock box, which has really confused me. Can you please let us know, where did you file your I485? and which area/states you are in?

Thanks,
KV
Its the Chicago lockbox where you send your I485. In the letter from KCC, it tells you to visit USCIS to get more info, not apply. :)
Hurry up and send your AOS package and hope for the best.

Best of luck.

Thanks

Its the Chicago lockbox where you send your I485. In the letter from KCC, it tells you to visit USCIS to get more info, not apply. :)

Best of luck.

Best of luck.

rdada,

Thanks a lot for the information. very much appreciated.

However in a letter from KCC to me it clearly says must file in local USCIS office. Here is a portion from the letter

To adjust to legal permanent resident status through the Diversity Visa program,you must file Form I-485 with
your local USCIS Office
. However, you must wait until an immigrant visa number is immediately available to
file Form I-485, otherwise your application will be rejected. To see if an immigrant visa number is immediately
available, check the current Department of State Visa Bulletin at

I will follow your lead and send to Chicago Lock box.

Thanks,
KV