• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2012 DV winner from NEPAL

Congrats and questions to the Winner :)

Congrats to all you guys on your successful journey to GC.
I am not sure if you guys still check this message board anymore or not but I thought I would ask you some question.

I am doing AOS; Previously F1 and currently H1B.

1. Do I need to send all my I-20s?
2. Do i need to get Police Certificate for AOS?

Thanks

----------------------------
CN: 2012AS00032XXX
08/05/2011: DSP-122 & DS-230 sent to KCC
08/25/2011: Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter
02/08/2012: DV fee sent with self-addressed envelope
02/17/2012: DV fee receipt by mail
02/08/2012: Medical done
Current in April '12
Waiting for March-31 to send my AOS Package

Long form vs Short form Birth Certificate!!!

Everyone,

Below is the infomation that can be found on travel.state.gov website regarding information on birth certificates:

"Each applicant will need to obtain an original birth certificate issued by the official custodian of birth records in the country of birth, showing the date and place of birth and the parentage of the applicant, based upon the original registration of birth. Submit to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate at your interview. Important Notice: All Immigrant Visa applicants must submit a long form original birth certificate. Short form birth certificates will not be accepted. The certificate must contain the:

Person's date of birth;
Person's place of birth;
Names of both parents; and,
Annotation by the appropriate authority indicating that it is an extract from the official records."

My question is what does "Long Form Original Birth Certificate" mean and how to get it? Is this something that they stated from EDV2012?

Thank you all!!!

Hey guys,
I have question about medical check up?
I am currently in US. If I am going to Nepal for Visa interview, can I do check up here in US? If not how long will it take for medical processing in Nepal?? I can go Nepal just 2-3 days before interview due to my tight schedule here...Any suggestions will be appreciated.....

Shivaji1

You can not do medical here in USA, I confirmed with USA embassy in NEPAL. They want us to do that in NEPAL. you can scheduel your appoitment from here by calling them. You can schedule 2days before appoitment. I heard they will take 2 days to process it.

Shivaji1

You can not do medical here in USA, I confirmed with USA embassy in NEPAL. They want us to do that in NEPAL. you can scheduel your appoitment from here by calling them. You can schedule 2days before appoitment. I heard they will take 2 days to process it.

Hi sai-473,
Did you ask questions regarding the BC, especially what should be mentioned in the birth certificate? What is long form birth certificate? What does it include? Do we need to provide hospital record beside the birth certificate?
Let me know!!!

Prince,

I was donot about birthcertificate. I am hoping DV cousltant in NEPAL might know about, I was born at home. I can not provide hospital record. If youa hve anyidea, please let me know about it.

About medical record, nay ide how long it will take to process. I am also in time crunch.

Prince,

I was donot about birthcertificate. I am hoping DV cousltant in NEPAL might know about, I was born at home. I can not provide hospital record. If youa hve anyidea, please let me know about it.

About medical record, nay ide how long it will take to process. I am also in time crunch.

I was also not sure about it. The consular from the Embassy was not so helpful in this regard. He told me to come to the embassy to get the details.

Anyone have experience with CP for DV-2012 in Nepal?

Thank you

Balance Certificate Question for F-1 Student who wants to CP in Nepal

Hi All,
Anyone knows rough estimate of how much money should I show in my bank account for CP in Nepal? This might be critical because, I am student with F-1 status. They do not want to have lot of money in student's bank account; however, on the other hand, its also required to have enough money. Any guesses???
Thank you,

All are current now,,,,,
When will they send interview date??????//
Again Waiting waiting and waiting!!!!!!!!!!!

May be tomorrow!!!!!!!

shivaji ,

i was told to check in 20th april, i was trying to send you private message, it was not enable, could you open that

Thanks Sai for letting us know? What more massage you wanted to send? I didn't know about messaging options in Forum

Shivaji

I got my interview date on 06/11/2012

Sai I got date on 29 June but My CN is also 46***. I am really happy because I have some research work till June 1st week and wanted to postpone interview.....Wow now it is as I wished.....

When are you going Nepal?
Did you checked with Embassy for birth certificate?
I didn't understand what you mean by long format?

If your citizenship is in Nepal, I guess you can make birth certificate in your village and translate it to English in KTM....May be go about 10-12 days before interview so that you can finish everything in time

2nd letter

hello friends,
i got my second letter though my case no. was high around 58k....my appointment has been schedule on june 19....1 confused question do i need to show bank balance if i have already stated my sponserer n will be showing that approval paper in my interview???