2012 august n-400 tracker

My DO is Houston, Texas.
I got my FP notice letter pretty quickly and did a walk-in about 2.5 weeks before the actual date. It was a full 4 weeks since the actual FP date but 6 weeks since the walk-in FP date. Given that my anniversary date isn't til the 19th of November, I imagine they couldn't schedule me sooner? I guess you wife is about 10 days behind me so hopefully you'll see a change in a few more days.

Good luck!

That's great Stamps.
What is your District Office please?
My wife's timeline starts on Sept. 1st, almost like yours in Dallas, TX. Ofcourse her 3 year anniversary would be Dec. 1st, so her status still showing " we mailed you a letter for FP etc....." I think they are waiting till her anniversary become closer to sit her in queue and then send the letter. You had to wait 6 weeks between the time you did your fingerprinting and change of status to testing an interview.

What do you think

My DO is Houston, Texas.
I got my FP notice letter pretty quickly and did a walk-in about 2.5 weeks before the actual date. It was a full 4 weeks since the actual FP date but 6 weeks since the walk-in FP date. Given that my anniversary date isn't til the 19th of November, I imagine they couldn't schedule me sooner? I guess you wife is about 10 days behind me so hopefully you'll see a change in a few more days.

Good luck!
NomoreSpamps
Thank you for the reply! Great, i am excited for both of us, things seem to be consistent. So are you applying based on 3 or 5 years ?

Another movement in my case.

IL received: 10/23/2012 :) Int Scheduled for: 11/26/2012. Details in signatures.

NomoreSpamps
Thank you for the reply! Great, i am excited for both of us, things seem to be consistent. So are you applying based on 3 or 5 years ?

As predicted, I received an IL on 11/22/2012.

But I was off 3 days for the Int Date prediction, I had predicted on 11/23/2012, actually it is on 11/26/2012. Still not bad...
Sure, I will. I am expecting a letter either on 22nd or 23rd, lets see. My earlier predictions had been quite accurate.

Hi there,

What's your DO ?

Thanks
My DO is Houston, Texas.

Good luck!

Please disregard previous post :) I am blind LOL

How long does anybody wait before talking to USCIS normally. I am certainly not in hurry because of an Impending India visit (Nov 18 - Dec 13) but want to know generally how late is too late?

My N400 details are in the signature...

How long does anybody wait before talking to USCIS normally. I am certainly not in hurry because of an Impending India visit (Nov 18 - Dec 13) but want to know generally how late is too late?

Obviously you are beyond your 5 year residency so that theory does not apply here. I believe what is holding tour case is probably name check.
The best is to get info pass and talk to them in person. I did it last week and was told background checks are not back yet.

Obviously you are beyond your 5 year residency so that theory does not apply here. I believe what is holding tour case is probably name check.
The best is to get info pass and talk to them in person. I did it last week and was told background checks are not back yet.

Thanks for response... With infopass, you can only inquire the status but cannot expedite the process -- am I correct? If that is the case, I would wait...

But is it normally 5 months with in which a decision need to be made?

Actually, you're way less far off than you thought you were. 11/22 is Thanksgiving Thursday and I imagine no interviews would be scheduled for that day or for the Friday after Thanksgiving. The 26th is the first business day after the festivities.
As predicted, I received an IL on 11/22/2012.

But I was off 3 days for the Int Date prediction, I had predicted on 11/23/2012, actually it is on 11/26/2012. Still not bad...

Thanks for response... With infopass, you can only inquire the status but cannot expedite the process -- am I correct? If that is the case, I would wait...

But is it normally 5 months with in which a decision need to be made?

the guy told me if you did not hear anything within a month, come back and we might be able to push it. not sure if he actually can do something or not!

the guy told me if you did not hear anything within a month, come back and we might be able to push it. not sure if he actually can do something or not!

Ok, thanks... I have now a good reason not to go :) till I come back from India (Dec 13). I guess by that time, they would most likely get to my case...

Got my interview rescheduled to 11/14/2012, so Thanksgiving holiday(s) is/are no longer an issue.

Actually, you're way less far off than you thought you were. 11/22 is Thanksgiving Thursday and I imagine no interviews would be scheduled for that day or for the Friday after Thanksgiving. The 26th is the first business day after the festivities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure about same day oath, since Trackitt does not have my DO listed in their system so we have to choose the "closest DO/ USCIS office". Going by that DO data from previous cases 4 cases who were interviewed, all were allowed a same day oath.

Will come to know more about it during my interview...

mogambo1, I'm really exited for you ! After so much time you finally getting close to the end of the journey ! Is your local DO allows the same day Oath ?

Last edited by a moderator: