2012 august n-400 tracker

Hi LA-Citizen,

Have you received interview letter? Can I know what day your 5th anniversary day is?

N-400 Timeline:

08/02/2012 --- Application mailed (USPS).
08/06/2012 --- Priority Date
08/06/2012 --- Received Date
08/07/2012 --- Form I-797C, Notice of Action (Printed)
08/09/2012 --- Check cashed
08/09/2012 --- Form I-797C, Notice of Action (Mailed)
08/13/2012 --- Form I-797C, Notice of Action (Received)
08/15/2012 --- FP Notice Received (Schedule of 08/31/2012)
08/31/2012 --- FP Done

Same here, my status still shows "Initial Review". But I am 1month 5 days away from my anniversary date (11/1/2012), so I would expect an IL between 1st to 2nd week of Oct for a Nov interview. If I don't get an IL by first week of Nov then I will feel worried about my case.

I can't comment on your case unless you tell me your case details including your ann date. Why not create a signature with your case details.

Hello mogambo1,

Have you received the interview letter yet? My online status is still the same in "initial review". Should I be worried?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Mogambo1, I just received the updated online status. Can you show me how to do my signature and you will know my updated status? Thanks.

Same here, my status still shows "Initial Review". But I am 1month 5 days away from my anniversary date (11/1/2012), so I would expect an IL between 1st to 2nd week of Oct for a Nov interview. If I don't get an IL by first week of Nov then I will feel worried about my case.

I can't comment on your case unless you tell me your case details including your ann date. Why not create a signature with your case details.

Hello Mogambo1, I just received the updated online status. Can you show me how to do my signature and you will know my updated status? Thanks.

Does anyone know how to attach a file along with the message. I had done this in 2007 but I cant find options now.

Mogambo.
My anniversary date was 9/17. Applied -90days on 8/10/2012 alongwith my daughter in same envelope (she has the same anniv date as she got her greencard as my dependent). FP done on 8/28/2012.Her interview has been scheduled for 10/12/2012 while mine is still stuck in " Initial review". I got married in 2009 to US citizen in 2009 but N-400 is employment based. Getting worried here:confused:....any idea what's happening????
Congrats, you applied +1month after your anniversary date, so things should move fast for you. Good luck.

I applied -90d before my anniversary and no wonder I am stuck in "Initial Review" since last 1.5 months even after doing early FP around a month ago. I think they cant conduct interview before Ann Date so will have to atleast wait another 1.5 months (1.5months till now + 1.5 month more wait = 90 days, Ann Date), if now more, as based on current processing times my DO shows they are taking 5 months.

If your ann date is 9/17/2012 and you had applied on 8/10/2012, then you actually applied just -38days ahead of your ann date, not -90days. Based on your description, you are still within their processing times, but your daughter is still a kid (I would assume), then her case is easier than yours, you being an adult.

Mogambo.
My anniversary date was 9/17. Applied -90days on 8/10/2012 alongwith my daughter in same envelope (she has the same anniv date as she got her greencard as my dependent). FP done on 8/28/2012.Her interview has been scheduled for 10/12/2012 while mine is still stuck in " Initial review". I got married in 2009 to US citizen in 2009 but N-400 is employment based. Getting worried here:confused:....any idea what's happening????

Nope still same, initial review.

I had created a PPT file just for you with all steps to include and display your signatures in your posts, but for some reason "now my account is not allowed to post attachments". I could attach files to my posts back in 2006 but not anymore, so I wrote to moderator, requesting him to allow me to attach files to my posts, but I am still waiting for a reply.

I thought I will post that PPT in my new thread so that everyone can benefit from it, since it a general question of many people and it is difficult to explain the process by text descriptions.

BTW your signatures don't show up in your post, you will have to go in the "general settings" after creating them and check the box that states show signature in all posts to display them. I think your didn't do that that is why in your last post I don't see your signature.

Hello mogambo1,

Here is my signature. Did your online status change?

Please don't forget to post your interview experience here after you are done with your interview. Maybe someone can benefit from it.

Received my IL today,Sep.8th. Interview date is on October 12,at 2 PM. Didnt make it on time before election registration.:(

Hi mogambo1,

I double checked it my signature and it is in there and I don't know why it is not showing here. Well anyway, please see my status below.

5th anniversary day 10/25/07
7/31: N-400 Mailed
08/02: PD
08/06: Check Cashed
08/11: NOA
08/13: FP Notice
08/31: FP Done
9/25: Status Change at lunch time (in line for interview schedule)
9/25: Status Change at night(interview was scheduled)

Nope not till early morning. I created a PPT file just for you with all steps to include and display our signatures in your posts, but for some reason now my account is not allowed to post attachments. I could do so in 2006 but not anymore, so I wrote to moderators and still waiting for a reply. I thought I will post that PPT in ym new thread since that it a general question many people ask and it is difficult to explain the process by text descriptions.

BTW your signatures don't show up in your post, you will have to go in the general setting after creating them and check the box that states show signatures in all posts to display them. I think your didn't do that that is why in your last post I don't see your signature.

Hey it is here after I posted the message.
Please keep me posted. I think you will receive your status sooon.

Hi mogambo1,

I double checked it my signature and it is in there and I don't know why it is not showing here. Well anyway, please see my status below.

Congrats ! Let me do some calculations here for your case.

Ann Date - PD = -84days

Ann Date - Interview scheduled date= -30days

Ann Date - FP Date= -55days

My case is still 1month 4 days away from my ann date (11/1/2012), so lets see what happens after 10/1/2012 (-30days from ann date), do I also get a interview scheduled status change if my case follows similar trend like your case, or not.

Hi mogambo1,

I hope I can hear your good news soon.

Congrats ! Let me do some calculations here for your case.

Ann Date - PD = -84days

Ann Date - Interview scheduled date= -30days

Ann Date - FP Date= -55days

My case is still 1month 4 days away from my ann date (11/1/2012), so lets see what happens after 10/1/2012 (-30days from ann date), do I also get a interview scheduled status change if my case follows similar trend like your case, or not.

Another important observation on your case. Assuming they would schedule your interview 30 days after you receive your NOA but calculating from 9/25/2012, you will be interviewed maybe on day of your anniversary or a few days later. So that means your case was all ready and they were waiting for your ann date to be just over before they can interview you.

I hope I can hear your good news soon.

Please don't forget to post your interview experience here after you are done with your interview. Maybe someone can benefit from it.

Absolutely . The interview is in two weeks and I'm getting a little nervous . I didn't have chance to study questions yet since I am overloaded with my assignments for classes. Also, our little girl turns a year on the 10 th of October and we are planing a big party ;) I just hope I won't forget about the interview ;)

Another important observation on your case. Assuming they would schedule your interview 30 days after you receive your NOA but calculating from 9/25/2012, you will be interviewed maybe on day of your anniversary or a few days later. So that means your case was all ready and they were waiting for your ann date to be just over before they can interview you.

I wish there is a Rhyme and Rhythm that one can understand on how applications are processed.

you can look at trackitt and find out average time from filing the application date to interview. you get the letter about 4 to 5 weeks before the interview.

you can look at trackitt and find out average time from filing the application date to interview. you get the letter about 4 to 5 weeks before the interview.

I wish there is a Rhyme and Rhythm that one can understand on how applications are processed.

some statistics:

i checked 30 the application number around me (15 lower and 15 higher) and around 70 percent of them are at initial review and 30 percent in testing and interview.