2012 august n-400 tracker

Very true, it is frustrating. I cant call USCIS every week to bother with my question about my case status. So I thought of writing in this forum so that people who had applied along with us can let us know how their case is progressing and based on their replies we get an idea, what to expect and when and make our travel plans accordingly.

I believe we are in line for the interview and should receive our interview letter in around mid. September . It is frustrating that we can't check our case status :(

Very true, it is frustrating. I cant call USCIS every week to bother with my question about my case status. So I thought of writing in this forum so that people who had applied along with us can let us know how their case is progressing and based on their replies we get an idea, what to expect and when and make our travel plans accordingly.

I finally can check my case status online . Just decided to give it a try and it finally showed up in USCIS system . It's not scheduled for interview yet though.Last update is Aug.,27th. Check yours , maybe you'll be able to see it .

Last edited by a moderator:
Great. Tinkering helped ;). I can also see my status after reading your message and it is showing as:

Initial Review

On August 8, 2012, we mailed you an appointment notice to have your fingerprints taken. Please follow the instructions on the notice. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators.

I finally can check my case status online . Just decided to give it a try and it finally showed up in USCIS system . It's not scheduled for interview yet though.Last update is Aug.,27th. Check yours , maybe you'll be able to see it .

Mailed my N-400 yesterday via USPS priority mail to Phoenix, AZ :)

BTW..can't figure out how to add the below as my signature..any help?

xx/xx/12: PP Received
xx/xx/12: PP Application
xx/xx/12: Oath
xx/xx/12: Interview
xx/xx/12: IL Received
xx/xx/12: Status ("Testing & Interview)
xx/xx/12: Walk-in FP Done
xx/xx/12: FP Notice Received
xx/xx/12: Check Cashed
xx/xx/12: I-797 Received
xx/xx/12: Email Notice for Receipt of N-400
xx/xx/12: N-400 Delivered
08/27/12: N-400 Mailed To Phoenix, AZ
11/22/07: PR Since Date

Finger printing notice email of status is received.

Finger printing notice email of status is received.

Mailed my N-400 yesterday via USPS priority mail to Phoenix, AZ :)

BTW..can't figure out how to add the below as my signature..any help?

On the menu above ("New Posts" "Private Messages" etc ... that line. Place your cursor on "Forum Actions" and you'll see an item "Edit Profile". Click on that. Once you're redirected to that page, on the left hand side will be a menu where you can "Edit Signature". Hope this helps!

Boston - Aug 2012 applicant

Hi All,

I am in Boston.
Got an update on my status -- see signature.

Good luck to all!

was raoInter

Thanks for updating. Did you apply -90 days before your anniversary date, since you case seems to be moving faster so I guess you might have either past your anniversary date or when you had applied you were few days away? Please let us lnow so that we can have some idea about ours thanks again.

Hi All,

I am in Boston.
Got an update on my status -- see signature.

Good luck to all!

Thanks for updating. Did you apply -90 days before your anniversary date, since you case seems to be moving faster so I guess you might have either past your anniversary date or when you had applied you were few days away? Please let us lnow so that we can have some idea about ours thanks again.

I applied after my 7th year on GC

Call FBI at 304-625-5590. Prompts are 2 and 9.

This is the number and prompts:

Call FBI = 304-625-5590
Option#2, Option 2 & option 9

You will be asked for your Alien registration number (A #) ,
SSN, full name and date of birth before they will release the status.

My case status shows: Initial Review while my case details are below my signatures. Do you think I should call them to check whether FPs are okay and the results have had been returned to USCIS. I have done walk-in FP on 14th and since then I dont see any update in my case status online. Its 29-14= 15days and I think by now my case should have been in "in line for interview scheduling" even though my anniversary date is 11/1/2012. Please advice.

This is the number and prompts:

Call FBI = 304-625-5590
Option#2, Option 2 & option 9

You will be asked for your Alien registration number (A #) ,
SSN, full name and date of birth before they will release the status.

My case status shows: Initial Review while my case details are below my signatures. Do you think I should call them to check whether FPs are okay and the results have had been returned to USCIS. I have done walk-in FP on 14th and since then I dont see any update in my case status online. Its 29-14= 15days and I think by now my case should have been in "in line for interview scheduling" even though my anniversary date is 11/1/2012. Please advice.

3 years Green Card anniversary was last October in my case and it was 4 years anniversary on my marriage to USC in April 2012 . So my application is ,, past due,, . But since I had my early FP in the 17th of August my case status is the same as yours- initial review. I wouldn't trust USCIS case status online though. I've seen visajourney members who has recieved their IL and even Oath letters but case status online still shows that case is under initial review .

You ought to call the FBI -- it's just 10 mins and it will at least give you an idea what has happened to your case.

My tracking information is below.

I've had same situation with NBC* receipt as a few other members on this site. It took almost 10 days for the system to make my receipt to be viewable online. Probably they had some system glitch or so in the system.

My tracking information is below.

I've had same situation with NBC* receipt as a few other members on this site. It took almost 10 days for the system to make my receipt to be viewable online. Probably they had some system glitch or so in the system.

I had the same issue for first week, but can check my status now.

I have got FP notice for 9/17 at Norfolk, VA, which is around 100 miles from my place. I need someone to confirm if they take walk-in before driving for early FP. If someone has walk-in experience with Norfolk office, please share.

Called FBI, the agent told me that FPs were received by FBI on 8/14/2012 and were returned to USCIS on 8/15/2012. So I think FPs are okay, now name check is next in list. During standby on FBI call the message indicated to call 202-324-2399 for Name Check Query, to NNCP.

Yes I did FP on 8/14/2012.

You ought to call the FBI -- it's just 10 mins and it will at least give you an idea what has happened to your case.