2012 august n-400 tracker

N-400 mailed....now how do I check the status?? I filed G-1145 with email and cell phone#:confused:

Wait for the email notification (see below) of receipt of N-400 with application number in it and then use the receipt number to check status on USCIS home page.

Dear Applicant/Petitioner:

Your USCIS application/petition has been received and routed to the National Benefits Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number NBC*002XXXXXX. With the official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) you may visit
www.uscis.gov where you can check the status of your application using My Case Status. We suggest you wait until you have received your Form I-797 before checking My Case Status.

This confirmation provides notification of the date USCIS received your application/petition. This notice does NOT grant any immigration status or benefit. You MAY NOT present this notice as evidence that you have been granted any immigration status or benefit. Further, this notice does NOT constitute evidence that your application remains pending with USCIS. The current status of your application/petition must be verified with USCIS.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE

Last edited by a moderator:
I received the FP Notice yesterday 8/13/2102 for an appointment on 8/31/2012, but I got walk-in FP done today 8/14/2012 without any problems, they did not care to check the date.

Does early walk in for FP really makes any difference in the N-400 processing? I am just curious.

Some say early biometrics helps, others say it doesn't.

I went early out of convenience - it's 35 miles from my home/work, and I happened to be in the vicinity of the support center a couple of weeks before my appointment time, so I took a chance that they'd take me early and they did. If they didn't, I'd have only gone 5 miles out of my way on that particular day.

My status changed 2 business days later to "in line for interview/testing" and that's where I remain (17 days later). It's early in the process for me yet - relative to what others experience in the Atlanta office so I'm just trying to be patient and, "hurry up and wait". My appointment would have been last week on the 8th. I went on July 16th, 13 days early. So I guess it sped up the status change by a couple of weeks but I don't think it will affect my place in line for interview. I guess time will tell.

As for the notice number - I didn't look but I'm pretty certain that once you are assigned a case number, it remains the same throughout the process.

Grashoppr

Did anyone get the application number starting with NBC*XXXXX. I got mine like that, while on USCIS website they say your application number for N-400 sould start with SRC, EAC, WAC, LIN. Since mine seems to be unique, even though my case is progressing smoothly I am unable to check the case status online. When I put my application number starting with NBC*XXXXXX I get the following message, so I am basically unable to check my case status online and I could only come to know about any progress when a paper letter is delivered at my postal address. Does anyone have same situation or I am doing something wrong?
I am not able to check my case status either on USCIS website, using application number starts with NBC*...We shouldn't be worry as we are getting some form of confirmation (NOA, and FP) from them.

I think it is the issue with some case numbers starting with NBC. I too called USCIS today with same concern and was told everything is alright. Since for me I started the N-400 process exactly -90 days before anniversary date I expect my case will remain stuck in interview scheduling queue till 11/1/2012. But early FP might help in would take care of background check delays.

Thank you mogambo1:)
Wait for the email notification of receipt of N-400 email with application number in it. Something like this and then use the # to check status on USCIS home page.

Dear Applicant/Petitioner:

Your USCIS application/petition has been received and routed to the National Benefits Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number NBC*002XXXXXX. With the official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) you may visit www.uscis.gov where you can check the status of your application using My Case Status. We suggest you wait until you have received your Form I-797 before checking My Case Status.

This confirmation provides notification of the date USCIS received your application/petition. This notice does NOT grant any immigration status or benefit. You MAY NOT present this notice as evidence that you have been granted any immigration status or benefit. Further, this notice does NOT constitute evidence that your application remains pending with USCIS. The current status of your application/petition must be verified with USCIS.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE

Mogambo1, was your case updated since you went to FP?

I'm going for early bio tomorrow and was wondering they are going to take a picture? Just want to take extra time getting ready if they do. Lol

sanceke one

It might or might not have updated, I have no clue as my receipt number starts with NBC*XXXXX and when I try to check the case status online their system is unable to find my case. So I have no way of knowing that.

Since I was worried about it so I had called USCIS call center agent who then transferred me to the actual USCIS agent, who told me that my case is under review.

So I think so my status must be under review, but I cant see it online.

Mogambo1, was your case updated since you went to FP?

I'm going for early bio tomorrow and was wondering they are going to take a picture? Just want to take extra time getting ready if they do. Lol

Went for my early biometrics today. Got there around 1 PM , office was dead and they took me in . They were very nice and polite. Good and friendly atmosphere . Now waiting for the interview begins .

submitted application

Mailed application to Dallas lockbox via USPS priority mail yesterday... both myself and spouse in one package. Will keep you all posted on the progress.

FROM explemic

All the best, create a timeline here and keep it updating, so that we will know how your case is progressing.

Mailed application to Dallas lockbox via USPS priority mail yesterday... both myself and spouse in one package. Will keep you all posted on the progress.

Just filed

I just came back from sending my N-400 via priority mail. (I just noticed there's some wishful thinking on my signature .. assuming that all will be completed within 2012. Oh well, I'll just change it as time goes by. :)

I see you copied my signature style, (no prob) but you should have corrected errors before posting ;)

Also your -90days date is 8/21/2012 per USCIS calculator not 8/22/2012 :confused: as you had mentioned.

I just came back from sending my N-400 via priority mail. (I just noticed there's some wishful thinking on my signature .. assuming that all will be completed within 2012. Oh well, I'll just change it as time goes by. :)

Called FBI about my FP status . Rep. said that they processed FP successfully and sent back to USCIS on the same day, Aug. 17 .
Too bad that I can't check mycase status online:(

Aug.3--- N400 sent to Lewisville, TX
Aug.6---NOA date
Aug.10--NOA in the mail.
Aug.16--FP letter received in the mail
Bio.appointment on 30th of August
Aug.17--FP done (walk-in) in Louisville,KY

Same issue with my and my spouse's case, they start with NBC*XXXX and I cant check the status online. I get a message stating the case cant be found, had to call USCIS last time to check the status, they said it happens sometimes but didnt give me a reason and finally told me everything is alright blah blah blah...

Called FBI about my FP status . Rep. said that they processed FP successfully and sent back to USCIS on the same day, Aug. 17 .
Too bad that I can't check mycase status online:(

Aug.3--- N400 sent to Lewisville, TX
Aug.6---NOA date
Aug.10--NOA in the mail.
Aug.16--FP letter received in the mail
Bio.appointment on 30th of August
Aug.17--FP done (walk-in) in Louisville,KY

Ah! Thanks for that. I did the math myself and was off by one day. Not too shabby. I've corrected my signature. And yes, I copied and pasted from yours. Why duplicate work when you have a perfectly fine template? :D

I see you copied my signature style, (no prob) but you should have corrected errors before posting ;)

Also your -90days date is 8/21/2012 per USCIS calculator not 8/22/2012 :confused: as you had mentioned.

Did anyone get the case status change to in line for interview for August filed applications. I can't check my status online so curious to know about others.

August N-400 filers: Anybody's "Case Status" changed yet to IL sent?