2012 august n-400 tracker

mogambo1

Registered Users (C)
Please post your time line in this thread, in your signatures below.
My Case Status is in my signatures, which I keep updating as my case will moveS forward and so I suggest to all posters.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome back Mogambo1. Good luck with your naturalization process....

Thanks I remember you from GC forum, because of your unique ID. Congrats to you for becoming new USC. BTW I want to know what was your Issue date on your GC and when was your -90 day? Thanks.

Thanks I remember you from GC forum, because of your unique ID. Congrats to you for becoming new USC. BTW I want to know what was your Issue date on your GC and when was your -90 day? Thanks.

Thanks. My GC date was in middle of May 2007.

N-400 Timeline

N-400 Timeline:

08/02/2012 --- Application mailed (USPS).
08/06/2012 --- Priority Date
08/06/2012 --- Received Date
08/07/2012 --- Form I-797C, Notice of Action (Printed)
08/09/2012 --- Check cashed
08/09/2012 --- Form I-797C, Notice of Action (Mailed)
08/13/2012 --- Form I-797C, Notice of Action (Received)
08/15/2012 --- FP Notice Received (Schedule of 08/31/2012)
08/31/2012 --- FP Done
11/08/2012 - Cleared Citizenship Interview
11/26/2012 - Took Oath and received Naturalization Certificate

rydnyt James

August 03 2012 ---N400 mailed to Lewisville,TX
August 05 2012 --- USCIS recieved the package
August 06 2012 ---Notice of Action
August 13 2012 ---paper NOA received in the mail

2012 august tracker

central pensylvania resident. 8/2/2012: Day 1 : N-400 / G-1145 Mailed (Express Mail to Dallas)
8/3/2012: Day 3 : Delivered receive
8/11/2012: Day 10 : I-797 Notice Received
8/12/2012: Day 11 : Checks Cashed
8/13/2012: Day 12 : FP Notice Received (Appointment date: 8/23/2012)
8/14/2012: Day 13 :...................

fp

South New Jersey Resident
8/2/2012: Day 1 : N-400 / G-1145 Mailed (Express Mail to Dallas)
8/3/2012: Day 2 : Delivered (Also -90day Priority Date)
8/7/2012: Day 6 : E-mail Notification, Receipt of N-400 by USCIS (Receipt Date 8/6/2012)
8/11/2012: Day 10 : I-797 Notice Received (Receipt Date of 8/6/2012)
8/12/2012: Day 11 : Checks Cashed
8/13/2012: Day 12 : FP Notice Received (Appointment date: 8/31/2012)
8/14/2012: Day 13 : Walk-in FP Done (Philadelphia)

could u go to do FP by the date they put on i797c oppointment/

In some offices they will let you do early biometrics. I've read it sometimes depends how full ( busy) office is, of you have a reason for early biometrics , when some offices just let you walk in and some don't . I would definitely try to walk in for early biometrics because I can't miss a class and will show IO my school schedule . I also believe that early bio speeding up the process. Once USCIS done with FBI bio check, they sending your application to local office and placing in line for interview .

I received the FP Notice yesterday 8/13/2102 for an appointment on 8/31/2012, but I got walk-in FP done today 8/14/2012 without any problems, they did not care to check the date.

Did anyone get the application number starting with NBC*XXXXX. I got mine like that, while on USCIS website they say your application number for N-400 sould start with SRC, EAC, WAC, LIN. Since mine seems to be unique, even though my case is progressing smoothly I am unable to check the case status online. When I put my application number starting with NBC*XXXXXX I get the following message, so I am basically unable to check my case status online and I could only come to know about any progress when a paper letter is delivered at my postal address. Does anyone have same situation or I am doing something wrong?

Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283.
To view the status of a case, please enter the corresponding application receipt number. The 13-character application receipt number can be found on application notices you have received from the USCIS. It begins with three letters such as (EAC, WAC, LIN, or SRC). Dashes ("-") should be omitted when entering a receipt number. However, all other characters, including asterisks ("*"), can be included if listed on your notice as part of the receipt number.

Listed above are the possible steps an application or petition may go through during processing. Not every application or petition will spend time in each of these steps. Once you enter your receipt number you will see the steps that will always be required for that particular application or petition. The step in the process where your case is currently located will be highlighted. Other steps will appear if your case requires that particular step.

Does anyone get the application number starting with NBC*XXXXX.

Mine is an NBC number. I sent it to the Dallas service center. I'm able to check my status online. I entered NBC*XXX (all the numerals) - I did include the asterisk.

Grashoppr

Called USIC Call Center Agent. I was kept on hold for 18min, then Call Center agent transferred my call to actual USCIS officer/ agent. He took my name, address, DOB and didn't want receipt number, told me everything is alright, my case is under review and if I want he can request scheduling for an interview, although that is not guaranteed. I said okay, thanks and hung up with usual thanks etc blah blah.

My PR since date is 11/1/2007 so anniversary date is 11/1/2012 so technically the interview can't be scheduled before 11/1/2012, so I don't worry too much. I have already gotten my FP done through FP walk-in yesterday (08/14/2012) based on an FP notice received on 8/13/2012. So I don't expect much to be happening to my case till 11/1/2012.

Thereafter if I won't get an interview call, I would then start worrying as I have a total of 7 trips abroad mostly in last 2 years due to family medical reasons, while initial 2.5 years were with only 1 trip abroad.

Mine is an NBC number. I sent it to the Dallas service center. I'm able to check my status online. I entered NBC*XXX (all the numerals) - I did include the asterisk.

Grashoppr

So, do you use to check the NBC number which was on your Notice of Action or the one which was on your biometric appointment letter ? I haven't received my biometrics letter yet, so when I'm punching my NBC number stated on NOA they can't find it in their system neither . I was reading that NBC number on Notice of Action is different from the number on biometrics letter. Please , correct me if I'm wrong ?

I have same NBC # on both my Acknowledgement Receipt and Biometric Appointment Notice and it does now work, but as per USIC officer on phone, my case is progressing alright and is under review after FP.

So, do you use to check the NBC number which was on your Notice of Action or the one which was on your biometric appointment letter ? I haven't received my biometrics letter yet, so when I'm punching my NBC number stated on NOA they can't find it in their system neither . I was reading that NBC number on Notice of Action is different from the number on biometrics letter. Please , correct me if I'm wrong ?

Well, just called USCIS and got to speak with an officer. She explained that sometimes you can't see the case status online and it's ok. But they received it and processing . She also gave me an update on my status . I have bio appointment on the 30th of August , notice sent on the 10th. So , I should receive bio letter in the mail soon. I also will try an early bio walk in on Friday after 11 AM since my weeks are pretty full with classes. I'll let you guys know how it went. Local USCIS office is Louisville,KY.

My suggestion to you is go there before the office opens, like I did at 8am. Even then there were more than 50 people already waiting in waiting room. I don't know how they got in or maybe the door were opened a few minutes ago as office opens at 8am.

In the morning they are in good mood, don't care to look into the notice for the actual appointment date. All the best, it does not help the case but gives plenty of time to do background check, which usually gets delayed due to false hit etc. So by doing FP ahead you are giving them extra time just in case your case gets stuck. That's what I believe based on background check process explained on the USIC website I had read while processing my GC. 95% cases get processed without a single false match, rest 5% that get a hit require manual analyses take more time.

Well, just called USCIS and got to speak with an officer. She explained that sometimes cases you can't see the case status online and it's ok. But they received it and processing . She also gave me an update on my status . I have bio appointment on the 30th of August , notice sent on the 10th. So , I should receive bio letter in the mail soon. I also will try an early bio walk I on Friday after 11 AM since my weeks are pretty full with classes. I'll let you guys know how it went.

N-400 mailed

N-400 mailed....now how do I check the status?? I filed G-1145 with email and cell phone#:confused: