2011 October N400 Tracker

I think you said before that local office is away from your place of residence but if you are too concerned you should do an InfoPass. We have been dealing with immigration since 2003 and I hope this is happy ending for us.
So, my wife's 3 year anniversary was 1/26 and the interview was 1/24.
She was approved but was told official approval will be completed on 1/26.
On 1/24 afternoon we got the status update that RFE letter was sent. Requesting an initial evidence seemed to be a temporary status that is used to place applicants who were approved before their 3 or 5 year anniversary in.
On 1/27 another update was posted that they received the Evidence (which we never sent since we never received a letter) and they are reviewing it.
Of course, the status is saying they are reviewing since 1/27 but we never received anything since then.
Problem for me is that we were assuered we will do the oath soon. So we booked our travel flights already.
I just want this to be done early so we can get a chance to get all paperwork for the passport done and submitted in time.

Interview Letter arrived!

mitra88 - Nice and good to see your case progressing. My interview date is 3/7. I hope yours will be a week later. good Luck

mishrabk, you must be a fortune teller! The Interview Letter came in today and, as you predicted, it was exactly one week after your interview schedule!!!

I think you said before that local office is away from your place of residence but if you are too concerned you should do an InfoPass. We have been dealing with immigration since 2003 and I hope this is happy ending for us.

Called the useless support who said that the fact that we were told we are approved does not mean anything.
We must wait 120 days for a decision before we can request more information.......
Infopass will be hard to obtain since it is only 3 weeks since the interview...

mishrabk, you must be a fortune teller! The Interview Letter came in today and, as you predicted, it was exactly one week after your interview schedule!!!

mitra88 -;) I hope fortune telling works for my megamillion/powerball ticket. Thanks mitra88. Good luck.

Oath Scheduled

srr1975, Lestat, octoberian, desimaninusa - Congratulations!!

Been monitoring status for my wife and me. My status changed to Oath on 2/8/12 but my wife had to wait 2 more days even though we had the interviews on the same day. If this happens to anyone in the future, just know that things like this can happen and no need to panic/worry. Good luck to you all.

I decided to call USCIS customer service since it's going to be almost 3 months since "Placed in line for interview" and I was told that the Baltimore office is currently processing N400 applications from June 2011, and was also told they are not waiting on anything particular to my application and I was told to make an Infopass if I had any further questions

Keep us updated man. Dealing with immigration specially when you are expecting something else is really hard.

Hope it will all resolved soon.
Called the useless support who said that the fact that we were told we are approved does not mean anything.
We must wait 120 days for a decision before we can request more information.......
Infopass will be hard to obtain since it is only 3 weeks since the interview...

I decided to call USCIS customer service since it's going to be almost 3 months since "Placed in line for interview" and I was told that the Baltimore office is currently processing N400 applications from June 2011, and was also told they are not waiting on anything particular to my application and I was told to make an Infopass if I had any further questions

jbak_ip - If you look at mitra88 and my timelines we got the Interview letters from Baltimore DO during Feb first week and second week respectively. I just wonder why yours did not come through yet. The problem is that USCIS call centre nor an Info Pass will help man. I have tried this before with both of them in January when my application was 6 weeks into inline of interview scheduling. USCIS will go by what is available in their system (i.e. June 2011 processing date) and Info pass people will tell you that you need to wait minimum 6 months from date of filing before they can do anything. You can keep trying and see if you get someone who can help.

otherwise you just have to wait until you complete 6 months.. I know man how frustrating this is. Most of us lead a busy life and we just want to done with this to move on with life.. you should get it man.. just be patient...though it is hard

Baltimore DO

I have a small hypothesis I came up with, after observing timeline of Baltimore USCIS DO. It seems like they are scheduling interviews based on the acceptance date, not in order the status changed to inline for sheduling. When you look at my signature, I spent longer time after FP until the status changed to inline for scheduling. However, between inline for scheduling and interview scheduled was relatively quick.

If my hypothesis is right, it appears that your application was submitted just a few days after mine. So, there is a possibility that your case could be scheduled for interview within a few days.

Let's have our fingers crossed!

The Oath Ceremony went fine. There were 74 of us, it lasted two hours. We were told to sign the certificate, and that the signature had to match the signature on the picture. Well, I practiced my signature and when I signed the certificate I froze and messed it up. It is my signature but I can tell that it is not the normal looking signature. Any thoughts on that?

The Oath Ceremony went fine. There were 74 of us, it lasted two hours. We were told to sign the certificate, and that the signature had to match the signature on the picture. Well, I practiced my signature and when I signed the certificate I froze and messed it up. It is my signature but I can tell that it is not the normal looking signature. Any thoughts on that?

Congratulations srr!!!

The solution is, you could request new naturalization certificate for $365/- or something like that..

or Just live with it and in few weeks (if not few days), you will forget about naturalization certificate because once you have your SSN updated and Passport done, I doubt that you would need it any further... Just my thoughts..

On my side...I'm still waiting on my oath letter, it seems like they are going to schedule me somewhere in Mississippi. It is funny though, even though I live 5 minutes from Memphis (where I had my interview), and I even work in Memphis, I have to do the oath in my home state, that obviously is slower on the process. I goggled it and there was an Oath ceremony in Memphis last Friday!! Go figure....Anyway, I don't mind waiting, but I was kind of bummed to learn that I could have been there...

Hey Buddy, Any updates on oath scheduling? just curious..

Finally.....

Oath Ceremony
On February 23, 2012, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Congrats Nimche and everyone else.....

Unbelievable

I am approved. Also completed my oath today. I just can't believe it!! Am still trying to let it sink in. Will write a detailed post soon. In short, my interview was easy and a smooth sail. It was an anti-climax to the tension build-up I had leading to the interview. I really don't know what to say... too giddy with the happy surprise!

what can I say?

Friends,
First of all, I would not have been able to survive the stress of the past few weeks without the encouragement that you guys offered. For the past few days, I was literally paralyzed with stress and nervousness due to the issues related to my case. I was doubtful of my approval, but I tried to stay positive and hopeful.

And lo and behold, I got approved and completed my oath ceremony today. I am now a US Citizen! Interview was easy and the IO did not ask me for tax transcripts or child support proof or affidavit. When he gave me the letter stating I was approved and can go back to waiting area to be called for oath ceremony, my mouth fell open and I could not believe my eyes or ears. My attorney asked him again and he smilingly said, "We try to keep it simple in Newark. He is approved". I also changed my name during this process and he helped me with that.

Here are the questions he asked -

1. What does the President's Cabinet do?
2. How many justices are there in supreme court?
3. What did the Declaration of Independence do?
4. If both the Pres. and VP cannot serve, then who becomes the President?
5. We elect a Senator for how many years?
6. Name one branch of the government?

I answered all of them right. He then asked me to read and write 'When is Columbus day? Columbus day is in October'.

He was satisfied, and then voilà, he gave me the N-652 with interview passed and approved for Naturalization. I was done by 8:15am. And then I waited and waited until 12:30pm or so after which the Oath ceremony was held and I got my Naturalization Certificate with my changed name. There were about 60 people who took the oath with me.

Though I took some snacks & fruits with me, I was too excited and hyped up to be able to eat anything. I had lunch on my way back home after 3pm. Even now, I can't believe my immigration journey is done!

Bear with me, while I proffer my moral to this story -

Despite how tough your case may seem to you, stay positive, hopeful and have faith. You have made it this far, so don't give up while the finish line is near. I am a marathon runner and try to use the same psychology whenever my legs cry out in pain and my lungs beg me to stop and give up. Citizenship journey and life is like a marathon. Don't give up even if you see a hare rushing past. Be the tortoise that wins the race. End of my ramble.

I wish fellow October filers who are waiting, all the best. For people who are nervous about their case like I was, chin up and hang in there. Good luck and Godspeed to you.

You guys in the October thread are all swell!
Now finally for a good night's sleep.... ¡Adiós y hasta luego amigos!