2011 October N400 Tracker

Ahh, thanks for the advice. I shall take a looking into the Passport Agency.

On the other hand, how about if i delay my oath ceremony, would there be any problems in that ? I mean, i can push it till 4th July, i am sure there are a lot of oath ceremonies on the 4th of July. That would save me the hassle of doing anything and i'll be back from the trip abroad.

Is that possible ?

so Congratulations Mr New Citizen!!

was it fun or just another milestone?

Let's say it was a fun milestone!:cool: It was in the small and short side (only 49 applicants from 24 Countries) but it was very nice and meaningful.

The National Anthem was interpreted by the local High school girls sextet which sang beautifully, then there was a Speaker which was a Naturalized US Citizen that came from Lebanon in the 90's and told her success story about getting her PhD and Teaching Mathematics in The University of Mississippi, local Restaurant owner and entrepreneur, and a Mother of three at the same time. Very refreshing ans empowering speech for the occasion.
And of course the moment of taking the oath was even emotional for several of us. A really nice experience all in all, USCIS did a great job organizing the event and the local Federal Court was in really good spirits! The said a few times, they loved oath ceremonies because is the happiest court proceeding they have. (other than business as usual).

I want to thank all of you here that were in one way or another, part of this journey, just even reading little status updates and comments. It's a big thing for each of us!

Last edited by a moderator:
X3-T - ¡felicidades!

Did you get to explore Oxford, MS?

Gracias NBJ!

Well, we kind of walked around the historic area of town, and check out part of Ole Miss campus, but that's about it. They say at night is a totally different experience...no wonder being a college town! But nice little town indeed!

Still waiting for the oath letter.

Funny thing though, been 2 weeks since my interview, and my online status still shows testing and interview. Is it normal ? The IO did said that you will be done with oath in 30 days.

Still waiting for the oath letter.

Funny thing though, been 2 weeks since my interview, and my online status still shows testing and interview. Is it normal ? The IO did said that you will be done with oath in 30 days.
It will stay in that status until you are moved to Oath scheduling (at least that happened in my case) others report, never changed even after the oath.
I waited two months for my Oath letter!

Does it usually takes around 2 months for the oath. I am into my 3rd week, and i have to make a trip outside the U.S. I might be gone till the end of July.

I wonder i should just go ahead with the trip, and if the oath letter comes after i am gone, i might just reschedule it.

Is there a certain time period you need the oath to be completed ?

It typically only takes a few weeks from Interview Date to Oath Date in Detroit, based on past history at trackitt.com. But, there is no data yet for 2012 so maybe Detroit has slowed down. Still, if you have to be gone until July, I'm sure you will have to reschedule your Oath Date. I filed in February 2012 in Detroit and I'm hoping to be done by June - July.

I guess the slowing down fact is true. The IO did said that i will get an oath date in a week or so, but i guess even she wasn't too sure about the timeline.

I guess i am going to just go ahead and take my trip.

Sad part, there was an oath ceremony today, and she didn't put me init. :eek:(

Just an update:

I received an email for my case status, saying that i was placed in que for oath.

Now does that means i will receive the oath letter in mail next week or have to wait ?

Just an update:

I received an email for my case status, saying that i was placed in que for oath.

Now does that means i will receive the oath letter in mail next week or have to wait ?

You won't receive anything yet, you were just placed in the queue, it really depends on a lot of factors when they actually "schedule" you for the Ceremony. You'll get the notification when that happens. It can take several weeks, in my case, it took 2 months from when I was placed in the queue, to when I was actually scheduled.

I passed yesterday (4/25). I arrived in Queens office in Long Island City 15 minutes before my appointment at 9:30. I waited for about one hour before an IO called me in. IO was very friendly; she verified my information, and asked me if I would like to change my name. Then she asked me to read a sentence and write the ansewer. She then asked me questions of history and government. After that, she verified some other information and then gave me the letter of approval.

The whole process took about 20 minutes. It was actually a very good experince. That IO is very professional.

Then I waited for about 1 hour and 20 minutes to get my Oath letter. My Oath ceremony will be on May 31.

Handle-------------oath ceremony

desimaninusa-------2/7/2012
mosamno2-----------2/16/2012
nimche----------------2/22/2012
awaitinggc04-------2/23/2012
notbonjovi----------2/23/2012
lestat----------------3/1/2012
woodenshoe101----3/16/2012
proudpal-------------3/30/2012
x3-t--------------------3/30/2012
osheth----------------4/6/2012
octoberian