2011 May --> N-400 Tracker

usinsuser99,

I believe 3 weeks after your fingerprints! Just be patient it will happen! I posted my date check them out and you will see how long approximatively! Good luck! :)

Hello all,
Now i got interview letter through mail and interview is scheduled for Aug 17th @ Boston DO. If any body out there has Interview experience @ Boston DO please share

Moving along......

GC holder since 10/2000 -- Yes, I am lazy, Decided to do something 7 months after GC expiration. Penalty $350 - Had to file for GC renewal as well. Hopefully, I'll not need that.

05/17/11: Mailed N-400 (PHX lock box)
05/19/11: Received date and Priority Date
05/19/11: NOA sent
06/03/11: FP Notice sent
06/10/11: FP Notice received for 6/28
06/13/11: FP walk-in attempt failed. Had a business conflict on 6/28. FP rescheduled for 7/6
07/06/11: FP done - Both N400 and I90. Yes, I had do same thing twice.
07/08/11: Placed inline for Interview scheduling
07/11/11: Interview scheduled and mailed -- Wow!! Didn't have to pay much for delay in FP
07/16/11: Interview letter received
08/17/11: Interview date
XX/XX/XX: Oath ceremony

Hi,

Please see my timeline below. After my FPs on 06/28 I received the following email but did not recieve the interview letter yet. I called 1-800 number and they generated a Service request for DO and telling me to wait for 60 days? Can anyone suggest what to do please. Thanks

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: **********

Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview

Your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION is now scheduled for interview. You will receive a written notice with a time and place for your interview. You should receive this notice within 14 days. If you do not receive this notice within 14 days from June 28, 2011, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

If your case status indicates that you are currently in this step, you have either been scheduled for an interview or are in line to be scheduled for an interview. The amount of time your application will remain in this step will vary by office and is largely determined by the number of cases ahead of yours. The interview notice will have specifics about time, location and anything you will need to bring to your interview. If your application remains pending beyond our normal processing times (as shown below) please contact our national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Hi,

Please see my timeline below. After my FPs on 06/28 I received the following email but did not recieve the interview letter yet. I called 1-800 number and they generated a Service request for DO and telling me to wait for 60 days? Can anyone suggest what to do please. Thanks

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: **********

Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview

Your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION is now scheduled for interview. You will receive a written notice with a time and place for your interview. You should receive this notice within 14 days. If you do not receive this notice within 14 days from June 28, 2011, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

If your case status indicates that you are currently in this step, you have either been scheduled for an interview or are in line to be scheduled for an interview. The amount of time your application will remain in this step will vary by office and is largely determined by the number of cases ahead of yours. The interview notice will have specifics about time, location and anything you will need to bring to your interview. If your application remains pending beyond our normal processing times (as shown below) please contact our national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

There seems to be quite a variance in the time it takes to receive the interview letter - from a few days to a couple months. So, I guess I would suggest to hold tight.

Online status says FP notice mailed but not received even after more than 3 weeks!!

This is for both me and my spouse. We are in San Jose, CA.
Sent application - 6/16/2011. By priority mail to Phoenix, AZ.
USCIS email and text confirmations received: 6/21/2011
checks cashed 6/21/2011
Notice of Action received in the mail - 6/25/2011
Online status Update - FP letter mailed - 6/30/2011
Till 7/24: Have still not received the FP letter in the mail!!!

It is hard for 2 mail peices (one for me, another for my spouse) to be lost in the mail: I have been checking my mailbox thoroughly and am pretty sure they have not been delivered. Based on the timeline of other folks, it seems like my original fingerprinting apptt is either already past due, or is about to be past due.

Options for us:
1. Open an online enquiry - it won't let me open one until it has been 5 months from 6/21/2011. Ruled out.
2. Call USCIS - tried multiple times. Have been told they cannot do anything until 30 days from 6/30 (earlier I thought they said I had to wait until 30 days from 6/21) - they couldn't even tell me when my FP was scheduled for. Folks that have experience calling USCIS - kindly advise. Is there any way I can get to speak to a senior person there, and ask them to resend the FP letter?
3. Request re-scheduling my FP apptt and then hope that I will get the new FP letter in the mail. I am told that the process to request re-sched of FP is mentioned in the FP letter (which I have not received). Can any of you that have received the FP letter tell me the process for that? Is this option advisable?
4. Just walk into the San Jose office without the FP letter and ask to be fingerprinted. I don't know if they will let me - anyone has any experience with that?
5. Setup an Infopass apptt - what is it? Is it appropriate? Will it help?
6. Wait until 7/29 and then call them on 7/29 (or is it 8/1?)

Anything else I can do?

Updated Signature.
Interview was scheduled @11:50AM but as my wife was scheduled at 8AM , they keep family together, they changed mine also at 8 AM. Interview was separate with different officer.
She asked me for OATH for answering all questions corrcet.
Then started with English Knowledge, Then Civic questions.
Nothing about Speeding Tickets.
I requested her to schedule next available OATH date and she scheduled 28th and passed the same info to the oficer who was interviewing my wife. Very co-operative.
Waiting time is too long but interview hardly takes 15-20 minutes.
Good Luck you guys.
(Sorry for late in reply as first I got my laptop re-imaged, forgot password and then trip to India.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Had the interview at 7:30AM yesterday(8/17). The experience was very pleasant. At the end, the IO asked us to show up at 11:30AM for Oath. We were out with the certificate by 1PM. On our way back stopped by at the post office and applied for passport.

05/17/11: Mailed N-400 (PHX lock box)
05/19/11: Received date and Priority Date
05/19/11: NOA sent
06/03/11: FP Notice sent
06/10/11: FP Notice received for 6/28
06/13/11: FP walk-in attempt failed. Had a business conflict on 6/28. FP rescheduled for 7/6
07/06/11: FP done - Both N400 and I90. Yes, I had do same thing twice.
07/08/11: Placed inline for Interview scheduling
07/11/11: Interview scheduled and mailed -- Wow!! Didn't have to pay much for delay in FP
07/16/11: Interview letter received
08/17/11: Interview date
08/17/11: Oath ceremony
08/17/11: PP applied

Engora.,

Congratulation. If you have any interesting experience at interview please share with us.

Thanks
usinsuser99

Good. I also had naturalization interview on the same day(8/17) in Boston DO and given oath appointment letter for 8/31. Overall interview experience is smooth and no issues.

Hi Kahuni98.,

Please advise what iam going to do about kid's citizenship process.

So far i mentioned kids information in N-400 form thats it. I got interview letter
Not yet completed interview.

Please clear me as following questions.

1) Should i present any documents for kids in interview time?
2) should i present kids physically @ interview time
3) should ask about kids citizen ship @ interview officer , if any documents needed for apply the passport or N-600 to kids
4) heard about kids , they are automatically entered into citizenship status once parents gets the citizenship? clear me
5) First pally the passport for kids then apply the N-600 for them
6) What documents needed for kids passport and N-600 process.

Thanks in advance

Sincerely
usinsuser99

05/28/2011: N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX UPS Express
05/31/2011: Application received
05/31/2011: Priority date
06/02/2011: Notice date
06/10/2011: NOA I-797C received in mail
06/15/2011: Biometrics shceduled letter (Appointment date : 7/7/2011)
07/07/2011: Biometrics work done
09/09/2011: Interview letter generated
10/17/2011: Interview date @ Newark

Thanks in advance.,
usinsuser99

Engora.,

Please give advise what is the procedure for Passport and what documents needed
I wish to apply the same day once completion of Oat Ceramany.

Thanks
usinsuser99

Dear members.,

I got Interview letter on Sept 9th 2011. Interview time stamp 9:20 am on 10/17/2011 , Newark, NJ.

If chance please share your experience and advise following clarifications.

1) Should i need Info Pass for interview schedule ?

2) Please advise about reporting time which is 9:20 am on 10/17/2011(Monday) for myself and my wife ?
How long before should we reach to the office ?

3) What about passports(India) of myself , my wife, kids, we have bunch of the them, should i
show all present and old passports of all 4 of them to Interview officer.
Should i surrender them, please advise ?

4) You MUST BRING the following with you to the interview

-> This letter
-> Your Alien Registration Card (green card)
-> Any evidence of Selective Service Registration
-> Your passport and/or any other documents you used in connection
with any entries into the United States
-> Those items noted below which are applicable to you: I guess step 5 and step 6

5) If applying for NATURALIZATION AS THE SPOUSE of a United States Citizen; Not Applicable

-> Your marriage certificate
-> Proof fo death or divorce for each prior marriage of yourself or spouse
-> Your spouse's birth or naturalization certificate or certificate of citezenship

6) if applying for NATURALIZATION as a member of the United States Armed Forces;Not Applicable
-> Your discharge certificate, or form DD 214

In this case i would greatly appreciate, if any body have sharing experience.

Thanks in advance.,

usinsuser99

Last edited by a moderator:

Engora;

I need help from your side.
I got interview letter to attend the Newark office on 10/17/2011.

In this case i got couple questions.

1) should need Info pass ?
2) should submit all old and present passports to the INS officer (including my self, wife, and kids passports) ?
3) what about YL , I did not get any YL so far ? really i did not know much information about YL

Thanks in advance

usinsuser99

Hi Usinuser99,

1. You do not need infopass, you are scheduled for an interview.

2. Take all your passports(old, new for everyone). They will check the passports & return them to you. You do not need to submit anything to them.

3. Yellow Letter(YL) is not always sent. YL just tells you to bring your drivers license & such things. You have an interview letter, that is the important one.

Spend sometime reading through the forums here, you will have a better handle on the process. Good Luck!

Engora;

I need help from your side.
I got interview letter to attend the Newark office on 10/17/2011.

In this case i got couple questions.

1) should need Info pass ?
2) should submit all old and present passports to the INS officer (including my self, wife, and kids passports) ?
3) what about YL , I did not get any YL so far ? really i did not know much information about YL

Thanks in advance

usinsuser99

Is it getting too long?

Hi,

I am starting to be more and more worried about the N-400 status of my husband.

Here are the dates:
05/23/11 Priority Date (n-400 received)
7/6/11 Fingerprints Done
7/8/11 Update: case was placed in line for scheduling interview...
8/12/11 Yellow letter received

Since then, nothing! It's October 3rd now and he hasn't received the interview letter yet.
what can we do? Who should we call first?
We are in NYC area.

Thanks in advance for all the suggestions.

Hi,

I am starting to be more and more worried about the N-400 status of my husband.

Here are the dates:
05/23/11 Priority Date (n-400 received)
7/6/11 Fingerprints Done
7/8/11 Update: case was placed in line for scheduling interview...
8/12/11 Yellow letter received

Since then, nothing! It's October 3rd now and he hasn't received the interview letter yet.
what can we do? Who should we call first?
We are in NYC area.

Thanks in advance for all the suggestions.

not unusual