2011 May --> N-400 Tracker

I got an email update last week - status changed to "testing and interview." wiiw, timing of IL seems to vary. Interesting that you received YL before your status change.

Atleast you are moving along, gl, hopefully your interview soon

GC holder since 07/2007 (1 year back dated)

I am assigned to the Baltimore Office. I am kind of worried, do not know what to do! I check everyday, and yet nothing.

05/02/11: Mailed N-400 (Dallas lock box)
05/04/11: Received date
05/12/11: NOA sent
05/16/: FP scheduled for 06/07/11
06/07/11: FP done - walk-in
06/09/11 until 06/23/11: Online change of status to testing and interview. N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was placed in line for interview scheduling .... (ever since :(
06/28/2011 Quick Update !! Yay !! Your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION is now scheduled for interview. You will receive a written notice with a time and place for your interview. You should receive this notice within 14 days.
XX/XX/XX: IL received
XX/XX/XX: Interview Date
XX/XX/XX: Oath Ceremony Date

Last edited by a moderator:

I am assigned to the Baltimore Office. I am kind of worried, do not know what to do! I check everyday, and yet nothing.

06/09/11 until 06/23/11: Online change of status to testing and interview. N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was placed in line for interview scheduling .... (ever since :(
XX/XX/XX: IL received
XX/XX/XX: Interview
XX/XX/XX: Oath ceremony

Don't be worried - looking at how they are scheduling Baltimore cases on the n400 tracker (http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/n400), you'll get an interview letter around 7/6.

Thanks eastsidedude!! Where do I go from the link! I really don't understand!

this just lists a bunch of recent N400 cases. you may filter by "USCIS District Office", top middle of your screen, to only see cases for, say, Baltimore MD. Then, look for the "fingerprint notice received" and "interview letter received" dates. The lag between the two is often constant (for straightforward cases) in a given district center.

Hello all
Following are my details
May 5th - N400 sent
Mat 27th - FP done ( Early walk -in )
Jun 2nd -Online status changed to " Placed in-line to schedule interview ..... e.t.c. Since then no status updates . it has been 3 weeks .

I am from boston area. Wondering when will i get IL . Any one can throw some light into what goes into scheduling interview?
Thanks

This means it's taking approx. a month to schedule an interview after status chnaged to "Placed in line for Scheduling interview"

I crunched some numbers for N400 cases in the last 6 months. Cases were taken from the n400 tracker (http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/n400).
The results show, for a hypothetical case submitted on May 1, 2011:

PD: 5/1/2011
FP notice recd: 5/15/2011
Interview notice recd: 7/4/2011
Interview date: 8/10/2011

I think it really depends on the DO, you have to crunch them for your specific DO to get something useable.

This means it's taking approx. a month to schedule an interview after status chnaged to "Placed in line for Scheduling interview"

Not necessarily.. "placed in line for scheduling interview" can move somewhat, depending on when the fingerprinting was done (if, for example, you did early walk-in). however, the time between fingerprinting notice and interview notice is pretty consistent (about 1.5 months).

I noticed that most DOs have pretty consistent dates. There are exceptions of course.

The time lapse between the most important steps(fingerprinting and interview date) is completely different for all locations, no one can argue that there is any consistency across Interview locations. I think once again you would be better served if you picked a location and broke the numbers down for that location.

Try compare DC to Baltimore for instance....completely different, per the threads on this forum, per the link you are posting, and per the uscius website. The deviation is just too big in most instances.

The time lapse between the most important steps(fingerprinting and interview date) is completely different for all locations, no one can argue that there is any consistency across Interview locations. I think once again you would be better served if you picked a location and broke the numbers down for that location.

Try compare DC to Baltimore for instance....completely different, per the threads on this forum, per the link you are posting, and per the uscius website. The deviation is just too big in most instances.

Good questions - here's what the data shows:

Time between interview letter received and fingerprinting notice *received* (not fingerprinting date):

Baltimore - 26.5 days
Atlanta - 32.5 days
San Francisco - 27 days
US average - 31 days

DC looks particularly slow - 64 days

got YL today. it says i need to bring following documents for interview

1. Drivers license
2. Arrest record.

for the second one i never been arrested . i had few speeding tickets that is only connection i have with law enforcement folks. But in N400 i answered Yes to question reagarding arrest,citation as i have speeding tickets. I thought citation is speeding tickets that is why i answered Yes to this question.

Now since i never been arrested all i had was speeding tickets. that too ,ore han 8 yrs back. never had and speeding tickes lately. no one has record of my speeding voilations .
So my question here is what to bring when there is no arrest record? any one has any experiance please let me know.
Thanks for your help .

Hi, All
I need some help here

I received Yellow Letter yesterday here is what it says

Bring Following documents for Interview

1. State Issued Drivers license
2. Arrest record and court dispositions

For the point #2 I marked "Yes" For the question " have you ever been arrested, Cited e.t.c by law enforcement officer. I had few speeding tickets in the past but i didn't have any in last 7 yrs. I use to live in NY state before . NY DMV says they don't keep my driving record if i don't renew my NY drivers licence for 5 yrs and they they delete all. So at this stage i don't know what to take as i never been arrested. Please share your experiences

Moving along!!! Baltimore, MD N400 Tracker

QUICK UPDATE Y'ALL!!!

Originally Posted by Dozogirl

06/09/11 until 06/23/11: Online change of status to testing and interview. N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was placed in line for interview scheduling
06/28/11: Online Status Changed to "Interview Scheduled and NOA on the way to mail box"
07/02/11: IL received For Interview Date
08/04/11: Interview Date
XX/XX/XX: Oath ceremony

05/28/2011: N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX UPS Express
05/31/2011: Application received
05/31/2011: Priority date
06/02/2011: Notice date
06/10/2011: NOA I-797C received in mail

06/15/2011: Biometrics shceduled letter (Appointment date : 7/7/2011)
07/07/2011: Biometrics work done
(ASC location : USCIS ELIZABETH
285 NORTH BROAD STREET
ELIZABETH NJ 07208)

Officers are very nice
Documents needed (Biometrics notice and GC)

I did not see the black word while filling the questionnaire @ ASC to fill the color of eyes column.
other colors are there, Iam belongs to India base horizon, previous applications i filled this kind of column with black.

Written black at end the other colors column by myself, then round the black. I did not ask any officer regarding this issue.

If any body have this kind of experience please share with me.

Thanks in advance.

usinsuser99

05/28/2011: N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX UPS Express
05/31/2011: Application received
05/31/2011: Priority date
06/02/2011: Notice date
06/10/2011: NOA I-797C received in mail
06/15/2011: Biometrics shceduled letter (Appointment date : 7/7/2011)
07/07/2011: Biometrics work done

07/11/2011: On July 11, 2011, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was placed in line for interview scheduling.
Your Case Status: Testing and Interview. Received through email.

If any body have information about "when i will expect interview date", please share with us.

As per above status , that means fingerprints work cleared ?

Thanks in advance.

usinsuser99