2011 March N-400 Tracker

I agree with Marklivinglarge... I am kicking myself for not finding out about the early walkin for FP. especially since the DC office seems to take forever..

good luck all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks, I passed my interview yesterday and the officer gave me the following two things:

-a letter with the date and place for my oath with a Yes/No checklist, which the officer said I should answer no unless something changes
-a generic letter about court etiquette for the oath

Is this the oath letter or would I get something in the mail? The reason I am asking is because my online status still says "Testing and Interview" Thanks.

Folks, I passed my interview yesterday and the officer gave me the following two things:

-a letter with the date and place for my oath with a Yes/No checklist, which the officer said I should answer no unless something changes

Is this the oath letter or would I get something in the mail? The reason I am asking is because my online status still says "Testing and Interview" Thanks.

I got the same letter at our interview yesterday. We were told that this letter was what we needed to bring to the oath ceremony.

Later I got an email saying I should expect to the oath ceremony within 45 days.

Since our oath ceremony is Wednesday, I think the email I got was just routine.

-russ

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the same letter at our interview yesterday. We were told that this letter was what we needed to bring tot he oath ceremony.

Later I got an email saying I should expect to the oath ceremony within 45 days.

Since our oath ceremony is Wednesday, I think the email I got was just routine.

-russ

I also just checked our status, and it indicates "Oath Ceremony".

-r

Thanks rhamm. My status still says Testing and Interview, hopefully someone will update it. I am going to the Oath Ceremony regardless :) on the 20th.

Naturalization Complete!

We completed our oath ceremony yesterday. The duration was 118 days, start to finish.

Its great having the naturalization certificate in hand, but its a little weird not having a green card in my wallet (its been there close to ten years now).

We are applying for our passports tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks all for all your help and information. I will continue to be on the boards, to help out others.

-russ

Location - Minnesota

11/March/11 - N-400 Sent to Phoenix, AZ
14/March/11 - N-400 Received
17/March/11 - Check Cashed
18/March/11 - Confirmation Email
22/March/11 - NOA Received
20/April/11 - FP e-notification
22/April/11 - FP letter
18/May/11 - FP Appointment
20/May211 - YL Received
06/06/11 - Received Interview Letter (30-June-2011)
30/06/2011 - Interview Complete
30/06/2011 - Ceremony Letter (06/July/2011)
06/07/2011 - Ceremony

Total Time: 118 days

Got text and e-mail message :-

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: NBC*XXXXXXXXX

Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Your Case Status: Oath Ceremony

On July 7, 2011, we scheduled you for your oath ceremony and sent a notice providing the date, time, and location. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Naturalization Applicants: you will receive your certificate at your oath ceremony. You can expect to be scheduled for an oath ceremony within 45 days of receiving your recommended approval. Many offices schedule approved applicants for the oath ceremony on the same day as the day of the interview. Please check the local office profile page on our website to determine if the office where you will be interviewed schedules same day oath ceremonies.

I passed the interview on Jun27, but the decision could not be made.

We completed our oath ceremony yesterday. The duration was 118 days, start to finish.

Its great having the naturalization certificate in hand, but its a little weird not having a green card in my wallet (its been there close to ten years now).

We are applying for our passports tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks all for all your help and information. I will continue to be on the boards, to help out others.

-russ

Location - Minnesota

11/March/11 - N-400 Sent to Phoenix, AZ
14/March/11 - N-400 Received
17/March/11 - Check Cashed
18/March/11 - Confirmation Email
22/March/11 - NOA Received
20/April/11 - FP e-notification
22/April/11 - FP letter
18/May/11 - FP Appointment
20/May211 - YL Received
06/06/11 - Received Interview Letter (30-June-2011)
30/06/2011 - Interview Complete
30/06/2011 - Ceremony Letter (06/July/2011)
06/07/2011 - Ceremony

Total Time: 118 days

Congratulations my friend. Wish you all the best. Remember! Journey has just started!

Got text and e-mail message :-

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: NBC*XXXXXXXXX

Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Your Case Status: Oath Ceremony

On July 7, 2011, we scheduled you for your oath ceremony and sent a notice providing the date, time, and location. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Naturalization Applicants: you will receive your certificate at your oath ceremony. You can expect to be scheduled for an oath ceremony within 45 days of receiving your recommended approval. Many offices schedule approved applicants for the oath ceremony on the same day as the day of the interview. Please check the local office profile page on our website to determine if the office where you will be interviewed schedules same day oath ceremonies.

I passed the interview on Jun27, but the decision could not be made.

Very good news my friend. My latest update says "On June 17, 2011, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. Bla bla bla" I am planning to contact them if there will be no progress until August :)

Very good news my friend. My latest update says "On June 17, 2011, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. Bla bla bla" I am planning to contact them if there will be no progress until August :)

Thank you North Dakota..... I thought I have to wait for a long time for the update because the IO told me I will get the oath letter in 2 months.....

LongRoadToGC.... Your OD is ahead of mine.... My OD is not at the USCIS Chicago office, because I requested for my name changed... It will be at the Federal Building which arrange the oath ceremony twice a week on Tuesday and Thursday....

Congrats springfield. I just checked my status today and it's "Oath Ceremony" now. It took them a few days to update my status as my interview was on 6/30 and my oath was already scheduled for July 20 by the IO. Few more days until I officially become an American :)

I passes my interview, and took oath today too! Thanks so much everyone!

My case is a little different.

I filed petition in Los Angeles office originally on March 28, then moved to Seattle in early June. I had interview today, did Oath today too. I cry like a baby through out. Long journey is over now. I was too tired to apply for passport today, so will do it soon.

I wish everyone here the best of luck in their journey. I will visit from time to time. Thanks again.