2011 January N-400 tracker

Dana1979, I've read that some people do not get their YL at all. I'm not sure 100% though.

marklivinglarge, thank you for your answer! It's good to know that we can check on our case every 30 days! I guess we'll wait until April 11 (it's going to be 1 month after FP) and then we'll call to check. But hopefully there will be no need to call and my husband we'll get his IL.

Thanks again and good luck to everyone!

That's right... not everyone gets the YL .. last time I submitted an N-400 did not get any yellow letters ... just the Interview Letter ..
April 11th is my deadline to make the call and shake things up with USCIS .. my fingerprints were taken care of 03/11/2011 as a walk-in same day I received the biometrics notice.

That's right... not everyone gets the YL .. last time I submitted an N-400 did not get any yellow letters ... just the Interview Letter ..
April 11th is my deadline to make the call and shake things up with USCIS .. my fingerprints were taken care of 03/11/2011 as a walk-in same day I received the biometrics notice.

marklivinglarge, what do you mean by saying that last time you sumbitted N-400 you did not get any yellow letters? How many times did you submit N-400? :D Because now I'm confused a little bit. If it's too personal, you don't have to answer.

Also, it looks like you are on the same schedule as my husband is, because he had his fingerprints done on March 11. But again, did you receive your IL already? I don't see any signature, so I'm not sure what your timeline is. I guess I'll have to go back and look for your previous messages to see if you gave any information on that part.

EDIT: Ok, found it! So you filed much later than my husband did, but it looks like you are both "stacked" after FP being done. And if I understand correctly, both of you were filing to Phoenix, AZ. So we'll see how fast things will move forward :) Btw, we are filing from Michigan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two years ago, my wife went through. and completed, the N-400 process. She did not receive any yellow letter.

After my own FP earlier this month, I received the IL. My ID is approximately 4 weeks away. So far, I have not received any yellow letter.

marklivinglarge, what do you mean by saying that last time you sumbitted N-400 you did not get any yellow letters? How many times did you submit N-400? :D Because now I'm confused a little bit. If it's too personal, you don't have to answer.

Also, it looks like you are on the same schedule as my husband is, because he had his fingerprints done on March 11. But again, did you receive your IL already? I don't see any signature, so I'm not sure what your timeline is. I guess I'll have to go back and look for your previous messages to see if you gave any information on that part.

EDIT: Ok, found it! So you filed much later than my husband did, but it looks like you are both "stacked" after FP being done. And if I understand correctly, both of you were filing to Phoenix, AZ. So we'll see how fast things will move forward :) Btw, we are filing from Michigan.

I filed an N-400 a while back when I was married, but before the case got adjudicated , my divorce was finalized, so my N-400 application got denied because Of loss of marital status ...

Here is my timeline (Seattle):

N-400 Submitted 02/07/2011 (Phoenix Lock-box)
Check cashed 02/10/2011
NOA received 02/12/2011
Priority date 02/09/2011
Biometrics Notice Received 03/11/2011
Biometrics done (Walk-in) Same day 03/11/2011

Finally....

First I would like to thank everyone in this forum for their invaluable contribution and help-I learned numerous things related to Green card and Citizenship here which helped with the fear of the "unknown".
Wife and I had our interview today, went through security in 5 min, waited for 10 minutes and checked in exactly 30 min early for the interview. Apparently, due to staff shortage and bad weather, they were running behind approx 45-55 min. The supervisor informed everyone about it but also said that anyone who interviewed before 1 pm will have oath today. Wife went first at 12 noon, her interview lasted 15 minutes- the immigration officer was courteous and asked questions regarding the application, then gave test and told wife to wait for oath letter. I went in at 1220. My immigration Officer was also extremely courteous and the interview took approx 20 min- mostly because he had to enter data in the computer and go through application. He did ask for my birth certificate and made a copy. He saw my old passports, returned them and kept the "Green card" attaching it to my file. Took test and gave me approval paper. Told me to wait for the oath letter outside. We waited and I received my oath letter around 110 pm, wife kept waiting till 205 pm when she got her oath letter. The ceremony was scheduled for 2 pm but started approx 15 min late. Got the Citizenship certificate and checked it, everything was perfect!!!!
Questions asked:
1. What did the Declaration of Independence do?
2. Name one branch or part of the government.
3. We elect a U.S. Senator for how many years?
4. If both the President and the Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President?
5. What does the President’s Cabinet do?
6. How many justices are on the Supreme Court?

Field Office Atlanta, GA

01/14/2011 - N 400 mailed Dallas, TX
01/19/2011 - Received/Priority Date
01/24/2011 - Acceptance Text/Email
01/26/2011 - FP notice date
01/29/2011 - FP letter received
02/14/2011 - FP done
02/15/2011 - Spouse FP done
02/25/2011 - got email/text that cases transferred to Local office- Atlanta
03/04/2011 - Interview Letter (dated 02/28/2011) received today,
03/11/2011 - Yellow letters (dated 03/04/2011) received today- Bring Driver's License to interview
03/30/2011 - Interview date- DONE
03/30/2011- Oath Ceremony -Done

Finally....

First I would like to thank everyone in this forum for their invaluable contribution and help-I learned numerous things related to Green card and Citizenship here which helped with the fear of the "unknown".
Wife and I had our interview today, went through security in 5 min, waited for 10 minutes and checked in exactly 30 min early for the interview. Apparently, due to staff shortage and bad weather, they were running behind approx 45-55 min. The supervisor informed everyone about it but also said that anyone who interviewed before 1 pm will have oath today. Wife went first at 12 noon, her interview lasted 15 minutes- the immigration officer was courteous and asked questions regarding the application, then gave test and told wife to wait for oath letter. I went in at 1220. My immigration Officer was also extremely courteous and the interview took approx 20 min- mostly because he had to enter data in the computer and go through application. He did ask for my birth certificate and made a copy. He saw my old passports, returned them and kept the "Green card" attaching it to my file. Took test and gave me approval paper. Told me to wait for the oath letter outside. We waited and I received my oath letter around 110 pm, wife kept waiting till 205 pm when she got her oath letter. The ceremony was scheduled for 2 pm but started approx 15 min late. Got the Citizenship certificate and checked it, everything was perfect!!!!
Questions asked:
4. If both the President and the Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President?

Field Office Atlanta, GA

02/14/2011 - FP done
03/11/2011 - Yellow letters (dated 03/04/2011) received today- Bring Driver's License to interview

Congratulations ..... :eek:)

I filed an N-400 a while back when I was married, but before the case got adjudicated , my divorce was finalized, so my N-400 application got denied because Of loss of marital status ...

Here is my timeline (Seattle):

N-400 Submitted 02/07/2011 (Phoenix Lock-box)
Check cashed 02/10/2011
NOA received 02/12/2011
Priority date 02/09/2011
Biometrics Notice Received 03/11/2011
Biometrics done (Walk-in) Same day 03/11/2011

Thanks for the explanation! I understand now. Good luck this time!

Finally....

Questions asked:

Field Office Atlanta, GA

02/14/2011 - FP done

luckymaybe, CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting! My only question is - in your timeline it says that in your YL they asked you to bring Driver's License. And in your post you mentioned that the officer wanted your birth certificate. So how does it work? I thought that you don't have to bring anything except for what they ask in YL. The reason why I'm asking is because my husband doesn't even have his birth certificate translated and if not your post, he would go without it for the interview!

Thanks

Thanks, marklivinglarge.
Thanks, 2much2handle. Based on what I read in this forum, we decided to take 2 Passport size Photos AND originals and one copy (colored) of each of the following (just in case):
SS card,
Passport,
Drivers License,
Marriage Certificate from Native country (translated),
Birth Certificates- Which I got earlier from my Embassy as they are in english and acceptable

The overall impression I got was that they had almost all documents needed and my Immigration officer had some confusion about my name ??!! He had my SS card, passport and Green card but randomly asked for the birth certificate even though he said if I didn't have it, it was ok. He kept a copy of the birth certificate and drivers license. I also told him about 3 traffic tickets I had 10 years ago and his reply was "you paid them, right?", answer "yes" and he moved on. I felt that the whole interview was more of a formality rather than a strict cross-exam. He was polite, professional and courteous and so was my wife's officer. No trick questions, just the facts. We stressed a lot before the interview but in the end it was a pleasant experience. Both officers were also taking phonecalls and dealing with other things as well while they interviewed my wife and I. Hope this helps.

Thanks, marklivinglarge.
Thanks, 2much2handle. Based on what I read in this forum, we decided to take 2 Passport size Photos AND originals and one copy (colored) of each of the following (just in case):
SS card,
Passport,
Drivers License,
Marriage Certificate from Native country (translated),
Birth Certificates- Which I got earlier from my Embassy as they are in english and acceptable

The overall impression I got was that they had almost all documents needed and my Immigration officer had some confusion about my name ??!! He had my SS card, passport and Green card but randomly asked for the birth certificate even though he said if I didn't have it, it was ok. He kept a copy of the birth certificate and drivers license. I also told him about 3 traffic tickets I had 10 years ago and his reply was "you paid them, right?", answer "yes" and he moved on. I felt that the whole interview was more of a formality rather than a strict cross-exam. He was polite, professional and courteous and so was my wife's officer. No trick questions, just the facts. We stressed a lot before the interview but in the end it was a pleasant experience. Both officers were also taking phonecalls and dealing with other things as well while they interviewed my wife and I. Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for your answer! Yes, it helped a lot! Enjoy your citizenship ;) while my husband still waits for his :rolleyes:

Status update. Both me and my wife passed the interview yesterday in Philly. The same IO took both our interviews. Same questions were asked too.

How many justices are on the Supreme Court?
If both the President and the Vice President can no longer serve, ...?
What did the Declaration of Independence do?
We elect a U.S. Senator for how many years?
Name one branch or part of the government.
What does the President's Cabinet do?

As far as documentation, both of us were asked just our passport and green card.

Received oath date of April 11 :D

Congrats, immi. I see your oath date is about a week after your interview. Wow, your case is taking record time. Will your oath ceremony also be in Philly and not Delaware and also, do you know if it is every Monday that they have oath ceremonies?

Congrats, immi. I see your oath date is about a week after your interview. Wow, your case is taking record time. Will your oath ceremony also be in Philly and not Delaware and also, do you know if it is every Monday that they have oath ceremonies?

Thanks ABA. Yes, my oath will also be in Philly. I was asking others who came out of the interview. They also had April 11th date. So before going in I knew April 11th was possible.
The IO asked me if I want to do oath in Delaware or come back to Philly. I said, I want the earlier date. They did not have dates for Delaware. So I chose April 11th in Philly.

I believe they are doing Monday oaths. JMG1010 also mentions this in the Philly thread.

What is your district office?
Mine is NYC, I sent my application around the same time but still have not received Interview Letter.

Wow, I never notice that there are 2 receipts numbers on my notice action, and the online status is quite different. Thank you for posting this, I would have never known this. I just thought it was just one number.

Wow, I never notice that there are 2 receipts numbers on my notice action, and the online status is quite different. Thank you for posting this, I would have never known this. I just thought it was just one number.

YEP there usually 2, one for the application and of for the check or money order submitted with the application ...they usually as a ($) sign instead of a (*)

Just wondering if anyone else is applying to the Los Angeles DO ??

I saw on another thread that someone who applied Dec 8, 2010 finally got their Interview scheduled for May 7... Grrrr LA can't be that far behind the rest of the country can it ??

12/28/2010 - Mailed N 400 to Arizona
1/3/2011 - Application Arrived
1/5/2011 - Check Cashed
1/8/2011 - NOA (797-c) recieved
1/18/2011 - signed up on website for SMS and EMail Update
1/19/2011 - SMS that FP appt was mailed
1/22/2011 - FP Appt Letter Recieved
1/27/2011 - FP Walk in - Successful
2/2/2011 - FP Appt.. (Originally scheduled)
4/5/2011 - Waiting and Waiting and Waiting.

Just wondering if anyone else is applying to the Los Angeles DO ??

I saw on another thread that someone who applied Dec 8, 2010 finally got their Interview scheduled for May 7... Grrrr LA can't be that far behind the rest of the country can it ??

12/28/2010 - Mailed N 400 to Arizona
1/3/2011 - Application Arrived
1/5/2011 - Check Cashed
1/8/2011 - NOA (797-c) recieved
1/18/2011 - signed up on website for SMS and EMail Update
1/19/2011 - SMS that FP appt was mailed
1/22/2011 - FP Appt Letter Recieved
1/27/2011 - FP Walk in - Successful
2/2/2011 - FP Appt.. (Originally scheduled)
4/5/2011 - Waiting and Waiting and Waiting.

Please keep in mind that Los Angeles is a big area with more people, so it does not surprise me. Plus, USCIS might not be the reason why the interview letter took so long, it could be caused by the FBI name check. that person's name might have given the FBI a hit on something which may have delayed the fingerprint results from getting to USCIS ....

Typically, you should call USCIS every 30 days or so to find out where your case ...

Is that truly the time. That's their official time, right. People are getting much faster than that.