2011 February N-400 tracker

Great news to report here on Memorial Day. Letter for the Oath has been received and I will be taking the Oath at Lloyd D. George U.S. Federal Courthouse Las Vegas, Nevada on June 10th. Looking forward to the day!

I passed!
It all went well. Park on the street and put money in meter for 2 hours at 10:27 and was back in my car at 12:32! Just before the meter man came!

Went through security fast. A very nice security guard pointed me the right way. Waiting room was clean, big and not many people there. Waited until ~11:35 to be called in. The officer was a really nice guy. I first swore to tell the truth. He asked for my GC, passport and State ID. The interview was relaxed, we joked around. I had to read "Who can vote?" and write "citizens can vote". The questions were:
- number of amendments
- name of vice president
- reasons for fighting the british
- highest court in the land
I seriously cannot remember the other 2!!
After, he asked me some questions about what I wrote. Finally I signed my photos and my application. He walked me back to the waiting room. It was 11:00 by there. The receptionist called me at 11:27 to give me my Oath letter. It's gonna be on June 17th!
Good luck to all of you still waiting!:D

I passed!
It all went well. Park on the street and put money in meter for 2 hours at 10:27 and was back in my car at 12:32! Just before the meter man came!

Went through security fast. A very nice security guard pointed me the right way. Waiting room was clean, big and not many people there. Waited until ~11:35 to be called in. The officer was a really nice guy. I first swore to tell the truth. He asked for my GC, passport and State ID. The interview was relaxed, we joked around. I had to read "Who can vote?" and write "citizens can vote". The questions were:
- number of amendments
- name of vice president
- reasons for fighting the british
- highest court in the land
I seriously cannot remember the other 2!!
After, he asked me some questions about what I wrote. Finally I signed my photos and my application. He walked me back to the waiting room. It was 11:00 by there. The receptionist called me at 11:27 to give me my Oath letter. It's gonna be on June 17th!
Good luck to all of you still waiting!:D

Congratulations, audreyberth.

Thanks for the information!

Had interview done today and things weren't all that great. I passed the civics and history part and everything was going smoothly, he made me sign the form and said I passed, but later the IO asked for the 2010 tax transcripts, which I did not have and he also asked for recent utility bills and apt lease. I did provide everything when I submitted the N-400 but everything was based on Feb the month I submitted the form. I also submitted bunch of bank statements, Credit Card statements, taxes for 2007-2009 and old apt lease for the same address. And he seemed like a good fella.

At the end he gave 2 letters, 1 states that I passed the exam, the other a re-interview for Aug 29, to provide the evidence.

Now the big question is, if I can provide the evidence before that date by making a Infopass appointment?

Had interview done today and things weren't all that great. I passed the civics and history part and everything was going smoothly, he made me sign the form and said I passed, but later the IO asked for the 2010 tax transcripts, which I did not have and he also asked for recent utility bills and apt lease. I did provide everything when I submitted the N-400 but everything was based on Feb the month I submitted the form. I also submitted bunch of bank statements, Credit Card statements, taxes for 2007-2009 and old apt lease for the same address. And he seemed like a good fella.

At the end he gave 2 letters, 1 states that I passed the exam, the other a re-interview for Aug 29, to provide the evidence.

Now the big question is, if I can provide the evidence before that date by making a Infopass appointment?

Sorry to hear. Yes, I think you can provide documents as soon as you have them. Infopass should work.

Is there something abnormal in your case? A lot of travel? Job/address history?

Sorry to hear. Yes, I think you can provide documents as soon as you have them. Infopass should work.

Is there something abnormal in your case? A lot of travel? Job/address history?

Nothing abnormal I believe, 5 trips averaging 2 months each in the last 3 years, happy marriage with 3 children with my hubby, I really can't understand all the fuss.

This is one of the letters given to me today asking for more evidence:

Examination of your application (N-400) shows that additional information, documents or forms are needed before your application
can be acted upon. Please Return this letter with requested information and/or Documents by:
All Documents Must Be Hand Delivered on August 29,2011.

Failure to Do May Result In The denial Of Your Application

x Bank Letter or statement showing joint Bank Account for years most recent for 2011
x Credit Card Statement
x Utility Bills(gas,electric,telephone)
x ORIGINAL MORTGAGE ,DEED, OR LEASE SHOWING JOINT OWNERSHIP
X tAX TRANSCRIPTS FOR BOTH FOR BOTH YOU AND SPOUSE FROM I.R.S for the following years 2010.

This is the other one, scheduling a re-interview:

Request for Application to Appear for Naturalization Re-Interview

N400 Application for Naturalization
February 16, 2011

Please come to:
New York CITY dISTRICT oFFICE
26 fEDERAL pLAZA

On (Date): Monday,August 29, 2011
At (Time) 08:20 AM

You are hereby notifield to appear for an interview at the date, time and place indicated above, for the following reason:

Naturalization Re- Interview

You Must Bring The following with you to the interview:

This letter
your Alien registration card
your passport

Now do you still think I can still go before this date thru Infopass and provide the documentation needed?
I will do this in an instant if I can avoid all that wait till August.

Had my interview today. It was for 11:10am but I was called at 11:00. My IO was Mark, really nice guy. All went really well and spent a lot of time talking about other things than the application. the questions were:
Who is the father of our country?
How many voting members?
Which month do we vote for President?
Name of chief justice?
War fought by US during 1900's?
We elect a US representative for how long?
And what does the Oath mean to me. He said my answer was the best he had heard..ha ha
Went through (fast) line by line my application and stamped my file 'Approved' in a big red stamp.
Said I should get a letter in approx; 2 weeks and Oath 2 weeks later (but we will see).
He didn't get me to sign my photos, so did he forget and should I check, and if so how?
I have his name (on the N-652) but no phone number etc.

Had my interview today. It was for 11:10am but I was called at 11:00. My IO was Mark, really nice guy. All went really well and spent a lot of time talking about other things than the application. the questions were:
Who is the father of our country?
How many voting members?
Which month do we vote for President?
Name of chief justice?
War fought by US during 1900's?
We elect a US representative for how long?
And what does the Oath mean to me. He said my answer was the best he had heard..ha ha
Went through (fast) line by line my application and stamped my file 'Approved' in a big red stamp.
Said I should get a letter in approx; 2 weeks and Oath 2 weeks later (but we will see).
He didn't get me to sign my photos, so did he forget and should I check, and if so how?
I have his name (on the N-652) but no phone number etc.

Congratulations!

I do not have information on the photos.

Received Interview Letter Yesterday
Interview scheduled for Wed, July13 at 1:40 pm at the Fairfax D.O.

Any chances the oath will be done the same day?

Thanks!

Updated N-400 Timeline

[00] 02/22/2011 : Sent N-400. FedEx, Lewisville, TX.
[02] 02/24/2011 : N-400 delivered.
[06] 02/28/2011 : Checks cashed.
[10] 03/04/2011 : Received I-797C (NOA).
[14] 03/08/2011 : Email from USCIS, FP notice mailed.
[20] 03/14/2011: Received FP notice
[21] 03/15/2011: Completed FP (Early walk-in)
[51] 04/15/2011: Received Yellow Letter
[104] 06/07/2011: Received email regarding change of status to Testing and Interview
[108] 06/11/2011: Received Interview Letter
[140] 07/13/2011: Interview Date

Congratulations!

I do not have information on the photos.

Looking at the USCIS site, the new digital certificates that they are now rolling out have digital photos and signatures.
Looks like that is why I didn't need to sign my photos.
When asked the USCIS said:
Question: If ASCs will capture digital photos of N-400 applicants, why must applicants still provide hard-copy photos?
Answer: The hard-copy photos will be required as a back-up in case of unforeseen issues, allowing them to continue their naturalization process without delay.

So maybe this is why I wasn't asked to sign photos, they are using the new digital type and the digital photos that were taken at the fingerprint appointment will be used.

Congratulations, aussie_okie! Happy to see you done with the interview.

At my interview, I was given a choice. The IO asked me if I wanted to use the photo that they had taken during the biometric interview, or if I would rather have the prints I brought along with me. He let me look at the photo on his computer monitor so that I could compare it with the prints on the desk. I chose the prints. Consequently, my Naturalization Certificate is old style, I guess. It has a printed photo affixed on it, but with an embossed seal that spills over to the certificate.

It's hard to tell if the USCIS even has nationwide standards, and how/if they enforce them.