2011 February N-400 tracker

Done with my both my interview and oath. Seventy two days between application and oath isn't too shabby; I guess I lucked out. On the trackitt site, I found only one person with a faster application-to-oath time (42 days). But, his was a military case, and involved an explicit request to move his interview and oath day forward. And, there is one other person with 72 days.

. . .

I will be back shortly to narrate my experience.

Well, it took me much longer than what I thought it would take to get back to post my full experience. I am afraid it is rather long. And, it seemed to make more sense to post it in the Dallas thread (although that thread is quieter than a graveyard). :-/

If you care, the whole post is at the following link. Again, it is rather long; be forewarned.

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?146214-Dallas-TX-N-400-Timeline&p=2295302#post2295302

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting!

Eleven days after having my naturalization certificate in hand, the online Case Status still displays my case at "Testing and Interview," confirming that, once the case moves to a local office (or, at least, some local offices), the online status display loses contact with the case, and becomes completely useless.

robocop104:
I'm curious, why wasn't your name change possible at the USCIS???
I have not gone back through this thread, in case you mentioned it elsewhere. I am planning to change my name and wanted to know what the problem was with your request..
Thanks.

Even more surprising is the fact that I just received a USCIS SMS status update (my interview was on Apr. 28). Upon logging into the system, I see that my application's status was changed to "Oath Ceremony" (jumping past "Decision" and "Post Decision Activity"! Below is the message associated with that. The funny thing is that "queue" is misspelled...

It's clear that past interview many people don't see any change anymore, that's why I'm genuinely surprised. It looks like don't do status updates only for same-day oath cases (they don't do same day oath here), while for the rest it's very much arbitrary whether the status is changed past interview.

"Oath Ceremony

On May 10, 2011, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Naturalization Applicants: you will receive your certificate at your oath ceremony. You can expect to be scheduled for an oath ceremony within 45 days of receiving your recommended approval. Many offices schedule approved applicants for the oath ceremony on the same day as the day of the interview. Please check the local office profile page on our website to determine if the office where you will be interviewed schedules same day oath ceremonies."

Interesting!

Eleven days after having my naturalization certificate in hand, the online Case Status still displays my case at "Testing and Interview," confirming that, once the case moves to a local office (or, at least, some local offices), the online status display loses contact with the case, and becomes completely useless.

i had my interview in Buffalo, NY today and passed. oath date is may 19th. Relieved :)))

good luck everybody...

Congrats , how was the experience?

arrived an hour early, checked in, she called my name 30 minutes later, Officer was nice and took me to her office, swore, reading test was ''which state has the most people?'' writing test was '' New York City was the first capital." and 6 questions which were easy with short answers. November, 2 years for Representatives, John Roberts(chief justice), Father of Our Country, name one war fought by the United States, i don't remember the last one:))

she told me i passed and she wanted to go over my n400 form and confirmed everything in the form and took my signature. She printed out my Oath notice and said byeeeeeee :))

i hope you guys have smooth interview too

arrived an hour early, checked in, she called my name 30 minutes later, Officer was nice and took me to her office, swore, reading test was ''which state has the most people?'' writing test was '' New York City was the first capital." and 6 questions which were easy with short answers. November, 2 years for Representatives, John Roberts(chief justice), Father of Our Country, name one war fought by the United States, i don't remember the last one:))

she told me i passed and she wanted to go over my n400 form and asked and confirmed everything and took my signature. She printed out my Oath notice and said byeeeeeee :))

i hope you guys have smooth interview too
Good, seems like a nice experience, hope to get the same. Thanks for sharing

Conglats,
I can tell you were very excited and because in your statement you say your oath is May 10th but I am guessing its May 19th [your signature].

i had my interview in Buffalo, NY today and passed. oath date is may 10th. Relieved :)))

good luck everybody...

Even more surprising is the fact that I just received a USCIS SMS status update (my interview was on Apr. 28). Upon logging into the system, I see that my application's status was changed to "Oath Ceremony" (jumping past "Decision" and "Post Decision Activity"! Below is the message associated with that. The funny thing is that "queue" is misspelled...

It's clear that past interview many people don't see any change anymore, that's why I'm genuinely surprised. It looks like don't do status updates only for same-day oath cases (they don't do same day oath here), while for the rest it's very much arbitrary whether the status is changed past interview.

"Oath Ceremony

On May 10, 2011, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Naturalization Applicants: you will receive your certificate at your oath ceremony. You can expect to be scheduled for an oath ceremony within 45 days of receiving your recommended approval. Many offices schedule approved applicants for the oath ceremony on the same day as the day of the interview. Please check the local office profile page on our website to determine if the office where you will be interviewed schedules same day oath ceremonies."

Hi Soras, I had my interview last May 3 and yesterday May 9 I also had a status change of "Oath Ceremony" My District Office is Los Angeles and here is my timeline:

Dec 8 - mailed N400 to Phoenix AZ lockbox DO: Los Angeles
Dec 10 - delivery confirmation by USPS
Dec 14 - check cashed
Dec 15 = email/text notification by USCIS of received application with receipt number
Dec 17 - received NOA in mail; PD Dec 10
Dec 20 - online status on USCIS website updated to RFE mailed on December 20, 2010
Dec. 28 - FP notice in mail (Jan 10, 2011 appointment)
Jan 7 - walk-in fingerprint
Feb. 7 - received YL in mail asking me to bring Driver's License to the interview
March 22 - online case status updated to "Testing and Interview"
May 3 - Interview appointment at 7:45 (PASSED!!!)
May 9 - case status online changed to "OATH CEREMONY"

Kahuni

Conglats,
I can tell you were very excited and because in your statement you say your oath is May 10th but I am guessing its May 19th [your signature].

KAHUNI...on may 9th my case status changed to "oath ceremony". The crazy thing is we'll probably have the same oath date around September thanks to the greedy Minnesota judges...hope your case is smooth...

Santur,
Thanks for the update I hope you don't have to wait that long!
Well I wrote to the MN Judicial Commission Chair-person and forwarded the same to House rep. Steeve and Senator Deb Olson and am planning to call each one next week if the don't get back to me. I tried to show them how it takes so long to wait for the judges and if they could do something about oath ceremonies scheduling. Again I don't expect much but at least they have the idea.
Good luck.

KAHUNI...on may 9th my case status changed to "oath ceremony". The crazy thing is we'll probably have the same oath date around September thanks to the greedy Minnesota judges...hope your case is smooth...

I'd like to thank the folks involved with this forum and the contributors who have made my task easier in getting through with this process.

Dear members.,

Present Iam filling the N-400 form
Please make sure, and clear me.

Part 10. Additional Questions under this item There are total 39 yes or no questions.

I selected NO check box 1 through 33 questions.
I selected YES check box 34 through 39 questions.

Is it OK, what i did correct? Please share with your experience.

I would sincerely appreciate it

Thanks
Venkat

Glory be to God Almighty after eleven and a half years in this God’s Own Country, I finally became a US Citizen @ around 9:30 am this morning. I give thanks to God, to the great people with the great foresight to create this forum and also to all the members of this forum that share their experiences and give valuable advice.
May God bless all of us and wish everyone best of luck in all our endeavors.

Hi BostonAdGirl, Name change is not possible in san jose,ca. Apparently the northern California judges refuse to preside over the oath ceremony. You have to go through the court system and get name change done and show that during the interview for name change to be done here. (I also understand that if you are simply changing your name to your husbands last name, they might still do that but anything else has to be through the courts.)

Baltimore District Office Applicants: Here is a tracker for you. Please share your experiences with other Marylanders.

Baltimore, MD N-400 April 2011 Tracker

Recieved Oath letter for my wife but not for me. Strange, since we had fingerprint and interview done together. Her oath in June 15th. Hopefully i get my oath letter by then for the same date. Keeping fingers crossed.