2011 February N-400 tracker

Received an email and text saying my case has been transfered to Local Office which is Boston. This is my timeline:

N-400 Dallas Lockbox - 2/23/2011
Check Cashed - 2/28/2011
FP Notice by Mail - 3/14/2011
FP App - 3/23/2011
Email (Case Transfer to Local Office) - 4/27/2011

Congratulations, nikred!

Did you apply 90 days before completing 5 yrs on GC ?

Done with my both my interview and oath. Seventy two days between application and oath isn't too shabby; I guess I lucked out. On the trackitt site, I found only one person with a faster application-to-oath time (42 days). But, his was a military case, and involved an explicit request to move his interview and oath day forward. And, there is one other person with 72 days.

While I am thankful, I realize fully well that it is neither talent, nor hard work, nor any controllable factor on the part of the applicant that is responsible for the elapsed time. It is mostly, if not entirely, the luck of the draw. In a way, I feel even more sympathy for those who have to wait for months on end.

I left home at 8:15 AM, and got back home at 3:30 PM. Even though all I did was sit around for almost the entire time, I am exhausted. Must be a mental thing.

After reaching home, I printed out what they call the "informal voter's registration" (in reality, a web-based form, which has to be printed out, signed, and smailed), and put in in the mail box.

Tomorrow will be my passport application day. My original plan was to do it today. But, I am beat. And, I'd rather postpone the application by a day than let a tired brain screw something up.

I will be back shortly to narrate my experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! Must feel really good, finally done :)

Thanks, mate. The predominant emotion is one of relief.

But, I have other (tougher) hills to climb now. As an ex-citizen of India, I must now try to extract what they call an Overseas Citizen of India certificate from the hands of bureaucrats, whose work ethic has to be among the most exasperating in the known Universe. But, that is some distance away. And, the less I speak about it, the better. :)

Done with my both my interview and oath. Seventy two days between application and oath isn't too shabby; I guess I lucked out. On the trackitt site, I found only one person with a faster application-to-oath time (42 days). But, his was a military case, and involved an explicit request to move his interview and oath day forward. And, there is one other person with 72 days.

While I am thankful, I realize fully well that it is neither talent, nor hard work, nor any controllable factor on the part of the applicant that is responsible for the elapsed time. It is mostly, if not entirely, the luck of the draw. In a way, I feel even more sympathy for those who have to wait for months on end.

I left home at 8:15 AM, and got back home at 3:30 PM. Even though all I did was sit around for almost the entire time, I am exhausted. Must be a mental thing.

After reaching home, I printed out what they call the "informal voter's registration" (in reality, a web-based form, which has to be printed out, signed, and smailed), and put in in the mail box.

Tomorrow will be my passport application day. My original plan was to do it today. But, I am beat. And, I'd rather postpone the application by a day than let a tired brain screw something up.

Congratulations, javacafe!

Thanks for the information you have been providing.

Congrats javacafe!

As promised, here's my experience from my interview today:

I arrived at the USCIS field office 1/2 hour early. I was called for the interview 10 minutes after my scheduled appointment time. The whole interview took less than 10 minutes. The officer only wanted to see my green card, driver's license and previous passports. We went over the whole application, interrupted in the middle by the English/civics test. The 6 questions for the civics test were: 1). What is freedom of religion? 2). Name one state that borders Canada; 3). How many US senators are there?; 4). When was the Constitution written? 5). What ocean is on the East Coast of the US? and 6). When must all men register for the Selective Service?

For the English test part I was asked to read "Where is the White House?" and write "Flag Day is in June."

He did not ask for any extra photos, but made me sign on the edge of the ones I included with the application. I don't know what they'll be used for, as I understood here that now they use the digital photo done at biometrics for the naturalization certificate.

At the end he told me he recommended my application for approval and handed me the N-652 form reflecting that. However, there's no same-day oath here (and also I couldn't have done it anyway, as my 5-year green card anniversary is in May). So I'll be waiting for the oath letter in the mail...

Thanks everybody, this forum has been a lot of help.

Congrats javacafe!

As promised, here's my experience from my interview today:

I arrived at the USCIS field office 1/2 hour early. I was called for the interview 10 minutes after my scheduled appointment time. The whole interview took less than 10 minutes. The officer only wanted to see my green card, driver's license and previous passports. We went over the whole application, interrupted in the middle by the English/civics test. The 6 questions for the civics test were: 1). What is freedom of religion? 2). Name one state that borders Canada; 3). How many US senators are there?; 4). When was the Constitution written? 5). What ocean is on the East Coast of the US? and 6). When must all men register for the Selective Service?

For the English test part I was asked to read "Where is the White House?" and write "Flag Day is in June."

He did not ask for any extra photos, but made me sign on the edge of the ones I included with the application. I don't know what they'll be used for, as I understood here that now they use the digital photo done at biometrics for the naturalization certificate.

At the end he told me he recommended my application for approval and handed me the N-652 form reflecting that. However, there's no same-day oath here (and also I couldn't have done it anyway, as my 5-year green card anniversary is in May). So I'll be waiting for the oath letter in the mail...

Thanks everybody, this forum has been a lot of help.

Thanks so much for sharing? Where was your interview?

Congratulations Javacafe !!! What a relief you must feel.

Interview Date received - Boston

N-400 Dallas Lockbox - 2/23/2011
Check Cashed - 2/28/2011
FP Notice by Mail - 3/14/2011
FP App - 3/23/2011
Email (Case Transfer to Local Office) - 4/27/2011
Letter: Interview on June 6