2011 February N-400 tracker

thanks for the updated information Santur! I had planned to go through my recycling and trash bags this weekend! Phew dodged a bullet. Now I can just get back to checking the mail box.

thanks for the updated information Santur! I had planned to go through my recycling and trash bags this weekend! Phew dodged a bullet. Now I can just get back to checking the mail box.

No problem. I wonder why both of mine arrived at the same time. anyways, I hope you receive yours soon.

Good for you Archer747... Still nothing for me... Over a month since I did the FP. No updates on the websites and not text or email... Am I the only one still waiting for that long?? :(

Good for you Archer747... Still nothing for me... Over a month since I did the FP. No updates on the websites and not text or email... Am I the only one still waiting for that long?? :(

I'm in the same boat. I had my FP done on 3/15, still no YL letter.

In the meantime, I called the NCSC and asked them to transfer me to an immigration officer. She informed me that the YL was mailed on 03/28 and that I should be receiving soon.

I'm thinking all of you should be receiving it shortly.

Does everyone get a YL before the IL?
Does your case online reflect a change, YL?

From what I understand, not everyone receives a YL. The YL is a checklist of documents that we need to bring to the interview. My online case status has not changed, still the same (regarding FP notice)

Some folks get the interview letter directly. Also, YL does not have anything to do with the completion of FBI Background checks. I believe a case gets transferred to the DO when all background checks are completed.

Hope this helps.

In the meantime, I called the NCSC and asked them to transfer me to an immigration officer. She informed me that the YL was mailed on 03/28 and that I should be receiving soon.

Where did you call?

Ok thanks.
So that would mean that the YL doesn't come from the DO, but from the Service Center.
It's strange how some people can get their FP check done in no time flat and others have to wait forever, doesn't make sense.

That is true. I have a gut feeling the FBI background checks have something to do with the place/district we apply from. The checks are probably initiated through a local FBI office. The timeline varies based on the work load at these local offices. Just my 2 cents...

Does everyone get a YL before the IL?

In 2009, my wife went through the Naturalization process without receiving any YL. My interview is scheduled for April 28 and, so far, I have not received any YL.

I check on your time line frequently. Hope you hear from the USCIS soon. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

What number did you call?

I know it's only been 2 weeks since my FP were done, but has anyone else called USCIS to find their case status?
I know eternal_labor did call them only 21 days out from FP.
Do they know anymore than what's on the USCIS website (case status)?
Or will I get the 'your case is in normal timeframe'..etc

If the government shutdown happens I'd like to know if my background check is complete or not (moved to local office).

Got e-mail notification that my case is being transfered to local office and that I am in line to get an interview date.

Does any one know that how does the local office processing time affects the interview date?Processing time (date) in my local office is August 26, 2010 updated as Jan 31 2011. The date has not moved that much. My priority date is in march 2011. If I go with the processing date then I will get an interview after 5 or 6 month. That is too late. I guess will find out when I get my IL.