2011 February N-400 tracker

@MVPVAPI: Congratulations! Thank you for posting your experience. Hope you get your Oath Letter soon.

In the meanwhile, I am awaiting my Interview anxiously; it is about two weeks away.

66 days from mailing the Application to Interview. Pretty fast for USCIS. I hope everyone gets the same experince.

yellow letter arrived

Great. Interesting to see that you got the IL first and then the YL. I guess the order doesn't matter, as long as you get IL and YL.

I wish it was this fast for all. What is your D.O.? I'm thinking this has to do with the FBI Background checks such as Name check.

Good luck for your interview.

Great. Interesting to see that you got the IL first and then the YL. I guess the order doesn't matter, as long as you get IL and YL.

I wish it was this fast for all. What is your D.O.? I'm thinking this has to do with the FBI Background checks such as Name check.

Good luck for your interview.

my D.O. is NY
i was waiting for YL but i received IL first :)))
yeap!.. it is not ordinary but works for me :)

Wow, so some good news on NY front for you miyamiya. Are you in NYC or in LI or some other part of NY? Our dates are similar to you, but have not received anything after FP.

Here is my summary...

01-Feb-2011: N400 Filed (Texas)
04-February-2011: Received Date (received email)
09-Feb-2011: Notice Date/Check Cashed
DD-MM-YYYY: Fingerprint Notice: Not Received (I believe due to fingerprints on file - 16 months validity!)
07-April-2011: YL Received: (bring docs to the interview) (no email or text notification sent - USCIS site still shows "initial review".

Here is my summary...

01-Feb-2011: N400 Filed (Texas)
04-February-2011: Received Date (received email)
09-Feb-2011: Notice Date/Check Cashed
DD-MM-YYYY: Fingerprint Notice: Not Received (I believe due to fingerprints on file - 16 months validity!)
07-April-2011: YL Received: (bring docs to the interview) (no email or text notification sent - USCIS site still shows "initial review".

Congrats! :)
Interesting about the USCIS site...

Thank you. Any opinion on the timeline? do you think since I haven't received "transferred to local" notice, I have to wait to get that before any IL are sent out? Thanks again.

I'm in the same predicament. I got the YL but still nothing else, no IL, no texts, no email and my online status is still on initial review... Frustrating...

Received Yellow Letter. Some movement...

Both I and my wife have exactly the same timeline up until now. Both of us received FP notices on the same day and got FP done the same day. I received the YL, but she is yet to receive.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Updated N-400 Timeline

[00] 02/22/2011 : Sent N-400. FedEx, Lewisville, TX.
[02] 02/24/2011 : N-400 delivered.
[06] 02/28/2011 : Checks cashed.
[10] 03/04/2011 : Received I-797C (NOA).
[14] 03/08/2011 : Email from USCIS, FP notice mailed.
[20] 03/14/2011: Received FP notice
[21] 03/15/2011: Completed FP (Early walk-in)
[51] 04/15/2011: Received Yellow Letter

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been about a month (Thursday) since FP, do you think it would be worth me calling to see what's happening?
If so, any hints on how to get to talk to an IO and not get the normal...'within normal timeframe...'

Just received yellow letter saying what I had to take to interview. Found strange I didm't recieve any updates thru my email or on the USCIS website thru my profile.

It's been about a month (Thursday) since FP, do you think it would be worth me calling to see what's happening?
If so, any hints on how to get to talk to an IO and not get the normal...'within normal timeframe...'

When I called, I told the rep I needed to check whether my FBI Name Check was cleared and so would like to speak with an Immigration Officer and she transferred me. I think it depends on the rep. Luckily I got a good rep the first time around. May be you should try a couple of times.

Another trick I read in one of the threads is to tell the rep that one of the digits is missing in your receipt number, so you want to speak to an IO. The rep would not be able to pull up and read out the status on the case (what is available online anyway) without the receipt number, so she would have to transfer.

When I called, I told the rep I needed to check whether my FBI Name Check was cleared and so would like to speak with an Immigration Officer and she transferred me. I think it depends on the rep. Luckily I got a good rep the first time around. May be you should try a couple of times.

Another trick I read in one of the threads is to tell the rep that one of the digits is missing in your receipt number, so you want to speak to an IO. The rep would not be able to pull up and read out the status on the case (what is available online anyway) without the receipt number, so she would have to transfer.

Thanks, I give that a go :)