• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2011 DV Lottery Winners from Australia Report Here!

Beech,

I have just read your post. I am sincerely devastated for you. I couldnt believe what I was reading and can only imagine your disappointment.

I am really sorry. :(

Coen,

Just wanted to wish you all the best for your big day next week.

Let us all know how you go.

All the best.

Hi all

I have been passively following this thread, my interview is early next week. A bit nervous after reading the previous few posts.

I am really disappointed to hear of your dv outcome Beech knowing how much time, money and energy the whole process has consumed. I really hope this cloud has a silver lining for you.

Best of luck next week Coen.

February Bulletin is out.

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN FEBRUARY

For February, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2011 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 26,100 Except: Egypt 20,200
Ethiopia 15,000
Nigeria 12,100
ASIA 14,850
EUROPE 17,600
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 7
OCEANIA 810
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 900

Hi all

I have been passively following this thread, my interview is early next week. A bit nervous after reading the previous few posts.

I am really disappointed to hear of your dv outcome Beech knowing how much time, money and energy the whole process has consumed. I really hope this cloud has a silver lining for you.

Best of luck next week Coen.

Yeah, I put so much time, thousands of dollars and lots of energy in and I feel like I've been beaten down to the ground with the injustice stick. However, your interview is important too - so, I wish you all the very best... Let us know how it goes.

They say that they accept the equivalency with evidence
Beech, did they at least say why your visa was declined? If they accepted your proof of completing school then why was it declined? The least they should do is to provide you with the reason.
I was under the impression that if you do not have the right docs at the interview, they would not decline the application, but give you an opportunity to come back at a later stage when you do have the required docs, provided that it is prior to 30 September 2011.

Beech, did they at least say why your visa was declined? If they accepted your proof of completing school then why was it declined? The least they should do is to provide you with the reason.
I was under the impression that if you do not have the right docs at the interview, they would not decline the application, but give you an opportunity to come back at a later stage when you do have the required docs, provided that it is prior to 30 September 2011.

In front of me he said it looked like a GED. Which it is absolutely NOT, and I tried to explain. Then I got an email saying they didn't accept an equivalency. (which goes against there own policy and rules). He said, everything else was perfect, police check, medical, la la la. It seems he failed to read all my docs...I hate to say it, but it seems he and his supervisor really had no idea what they were doing. Yes, it has come at my expense, not just financially but more so emotionally. I just wish before they made these kinds of decisions they would review ALL the evidence, before drawing a wrong conclusion. People's lives and dreams are at stake here.

Beech,
Dude I dont understand why you simply dont get a high school certificate from the education department and give it to them. I am sure you will still get a visa if you give them the correct documents.

About the requirements : You must must meet the education requirement (ie high school completed) or if you cannot do that, you can opt for the equivalency option (the work experience requirement). Have you considered this alternative?

Beech,

I am so sorry this have had to happen to you at the interview. You said you did an apprenticeship correct? When you left year 10 did you work outside of school campuses or actually get classes at some sort of high school? Maybe they were not convinced you got lessons in classrooms during your apprenticeships.

However I am STILL confused why they didn't accept it if you had some sort of certificate signed by teachers saying you attended lessons from a high school/college institute, even if it was an apprenticeship.

Well about 2 hours ago my DV case was approved. Getting through security took longer then the actual interview. Remember to bring a 3kg Express Post envelope with you, I only brought a 500g envelope and had to leave and come back with the correct size. The fee is also only A$859.95 and not the larger amount I was told by email. Also try and have correct change, I had to hand over $900 because all I had was $50s (due to being told the fee was higher) and receive a dirty look from the cashier. There were no questions asked besides reaffirming what was on the initial forms you send back to them (US mailing address, criminal record etc). I qualified by education, year 12 plus some college. I also provided a copy of shareholder registries showing ~A$79,000 in shares along with a statutory declaration from my father explaining his A$119,000 income and ability to supplement mine if need be. The original of these documents were taken but nothing was asked in regards to job prospects/income/affidavit. All the staff were super nice, they said I would have my passport tomorrow or the next day depending on how long express post takes. This leads me to believe it'll be posted later today. When I dropped my envelope back my file had already been taken "out the back" by another CO for administration, I asked if I could drop back later today to pick up my passport and was told no. I also had the SSS explained to me and I had to sign a form explaining how to sign up for it once you arrive in the US. The CO laughed it off as a formality saying the last draft was in Vietnam. For the record I am 24 and single. From what I saw there was another young single male there who was asked for a affidavit of support, I'm not sure if he was a DV case though. Good luck everyone still waiting on an interview.

Congrats Coen!

Thanks for the details about the interview process itself. It's good to hear exactly how things work once you get there.

My 2NL arrived in the post today, which is perfect timing for the medicals tomorrow. Letter dated 18 Nov, post-marked 12 Dec.

Out of interest, has anybody who has had their medicals had to get any vaccinations done? Or have the general childhood lot been sufficient?

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on your DOB Zootfish. Typically they give you a MMR and another one I can't rememeber the name of off the top of my head if you can't prove you've had them recently.

Hey Coen

Congratulations!

U said, I qualified by education, year 12 plus some college.

my friend (dv winner 2010) finished year 12 but did not pass all of his exams. He completed STAT exams in Western Australia to get admission into university and the course is yet to be completed. Do u think he should continue to the interview stage or forget it especially if he has to pay almost $900 and get rejected with the visa during the interview

Response will be appreciated from anyone on this thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Coen

Congratulations!

U said, I qualified by education, year 12 plus some college.

my friend (dv winner 2010) finished year 12 but did not pass all of his exams. He completed STAT exams in Western Australia to get admission into university and the course is yet to be completed. Do u think he should continue to the interview stage or forget it especially if he has to pay almost $900 and get rejected with the visa during the interview

Response will be appreciated

If he has completed all 12 years successfully and graduated regardless of the exams he failed I'm sure he is still clear for a chance of the Visa. That's just my opinion though, in all honesty I would not know. However I would just go for it if i was him, if you passed year 12 go for it! I do not see why they would deny you a visa.