• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2011 DV Lottery Winners from Australia Report Here!

I had my medical today. All went well. Not to invasive. A few injections, blood test, chest x-ray and physical. The doctor confirmed that everything was ok. I will receive the report to take to the interview in a few days.

Great it went very well for you, Beech.

Have you received your 2NL yet Beech or did you find out your interview date by email?

Have you received your 2NL yet Beech or did you find out your interview date by email?

Hi Coen, I haven't received the 2NL yet - but I got an email from KCC about 2 weeks ago. I am expecting the 'hard copy' any day.

So you opened yours too? I read somewhere it should remain sealed but the envelope mine came in had already been opened that many times it looked tatty (I assume the doctor sealed the report in there, forgot to staple my photo to it, then opened in again when the xray results came back, then again when the bloods came back). I did some checking and if there are no issues apparently it doesn't need to be sealed.

So you opened yours too? I read somewhere it should remain sealed but the envelope mine came in had already been opened that many times it looked tatty (I assume the doctor sealed the report in there, forgot to staple my photo to it, then opened in again when the xray results came back, then again when the bloods came back). I did some checking and if there are no issues apparently it doesn't need to be sealed.

Like yours, mine was already opened Coen - the tape seal was previously broken. BTW - Im pretty sure you dont have to take the X-ray unless your Dr or the Consulate tells you too. I won't be taking mine.

Crazy thing, I still have not received my 2NL (Hard copy from KCC yet). Im wondering if it's lost in the mail?!. Im glad I have email confirmation.

Like yours, mine was already opened Coen - the tape seal was previously broken. BTW - Im pretty sure you dont have to take the X-ray unless your Dr or the Consulate tells you too. I won't be taking mine.

Crazy thing, I still have not received my 2NL (Hard copy from KCC yet). Im wondering if it's lost in the mail?!. Im glad I have email confirmation.
Hi Beech,
My 2nd NL arrived on yesterday. You will have yours in a couple of days. Good luck.

I got my 2nd NL today (regional Queensland) for an interview date of 14 December 2010. Since they start so early in the morning (and Queensland doesn't observe ADST) I am traveling down the day before in order to be on time, if anyone is doing the same thing let me know if you are interested in grabbing a meal/drink together the night before.

Congratulations, Coen!!! I was really happy to see your post - my number is close to yours 7XX. So I guess my letter should be here soon? I raced home to check my mailbox but nothing! :( I guess I should do my medicals ASAP. What do you think? Actually I was going to email KCC today to see whats going on....

dadada72,
Your case number is high. Mine was high too (AF73xxx). The numbers for africa creep up slowly and in then, all of a sudden, in the last month (September 2011, in your case) all the number become current. You will have to watch the visa bulletin, as they suggested, but I can guarantee your number will only be current in September 2011. There is absolutely nothing you can do untill then, except to get all your civil documents in order and to learn more about the application process on websites like these. At least you have enough time to get your documents and you are under no pressure to get them quickly.

I must also point out that it has happened that not all the number for Africa become current in the last month of the DV cycle (in which case you might not get a visa), but this rarely happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am traveling down the day before in order to be on time.

Coen, I did the same. It just takes away the stress of "what if the flight is delayed" etc. I flew into Sydney the evening before the interview & stayed at a place in the city which meant that I could make my way to the consulate quite easily and have no stress about possibly being late for the appointment.

I got my 2nd NL today (regional Queensland) for an interview date of 14 December 2010. Since they start so early in the morning (and Queensland doesn't observe ADST) I am traveling down the day before in order to be on time, if anyone is doing the same thing let me know if you are interested in grabbing a meal/drink together the night before.

Congrats Coen... I guess my hard copy should be in the mail on Mon (I'm on the sunshine coast) Although I already have a date from KCC and Sydney via email. I too have booked flights to go the day before... My interview is early December, so unfortunately I couldn't join you for that drink :)

Superkruz --- where did you stay in Sydney?

Got my 2NL in the mail today...wow - it took almost 4 weeks to get here!
Only a few weeks until my interview... I am so nervous, but confident - arghh - millions of emotions!

Congrats! I am envious - still nothing for me. I have been following your posts! Unless you have two heads the VISA is all but yours!! I think I will be up in January based on the VISA bulletin... I emailed KCC today anyway, the suspense is killing mel.

Best of luck and please let all know how you went. :)

Got my 2NL in the mail today...wow - it took almost 4 weeks to get here!
Only a few weeks until my interview... I am so nervous, but confident - arghh - millions of emotions!

Hi Beech,
It is normal to get nervous and anxious when expecting to get something so wanted. You have only a couple of weeks to go. God will be with u. You need to be confident, as u said it, during your interview. You are genuine and you should act like it. Good luck.

Hey Excited,
I am sure yours is on the way... and KCC are pretty prompt in getting back to you. Have you tried emailing the consulate? I did this and got the confirmation from Sydney way before getting the 2NL from KCC. What is your CN? Thank goodness I don't have two heads, hehe - I have a lot of evidence for what they are asking for - so, it's just producing it to them in the correct manner. Please also keep us up to date when you here something. P.s - I sometimes find myself going crazy(like today) waiting for all of this to be over - and have passport stamped! I can't believe how much sleep I have lost... hrs worrying, and yet it is a 15-20min Interview..... arghh - we are odd creatures :)

Labora2,
Thank you for your confidence - and your right, it is something I have wanted for a long time. And thank goodness GOD IS with me, hehe
Just a matter of producing all the documents that I mentioned on the initial DS-230 - and having a clear police and medical report.

God be with you both.....

Im so grateful for this forum.