• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2011 DV Lottery Winners from Australia Report Here!

Thank you Zootfish....but now I don't quite understand as you said you were asked nothing financial and yet Time Traveller has to return with an affidavit document - anyone else want to jump in??
ta

I can't remember anyone who had their interview in Australia being asked to produce one. I think a couple of people took them but weren't specifically asked for them. If you really feel like reading back through the last 23 pages of comments I'm sure the answers are in there somewhere! :)

I have been spending hours on here!!! Just to get up to date with info!!! ...I suppose something I'm wondering is if the CN numbers were re-set after the debarcle or did they start them back from 0001! Cause that would make a difference to interview times/ bulletin updates!

There certainly is a lot to look into. I remember how I was feeling this time last year!

Is your case number in the low 1000s or the high 1000s?

I just wanted to say that we were not asked for any affidavit of support, maybe it was because he went to the embassy in Bangkok.

lowish...1200's ...it is all a little overwhelming, especially when you are going through it all alone!! I hadn't even heard of a visa bulletin! ...and I have to admit the information presented can be from a little ambiguous to downright contradictory! Like one site says when a country goes 'current' it means no more visas are issued then another said that's when anyone can apply!! So go figure!!! as I said Zoot thank you your info is very helpful!!
:)

propinion, not really sure what you mean by safer prospects but it appears that different consulates have different requirements. Although I'm Australian I reside in Bangkok, so chose the interview there and was requested to fill in the I-134 form before the visa is issued. Incidentally, I had already provided copies of salary slip, bank account and assets in the interview

Hi all.

just a quick question. I've lived in 3 different states in Australia. Do I need to get separate police records from each state or would a federal record alone do the job. (for the interview)

thanks