2011 Aug. N-400 Tracker

:)

Off to my interview at 8am today. Wish me luck :D

ETA: Just got back from my interview, it was a breeze. My oath ceremony is next month (Nov.30). I can't believe how quickly this whole process went by. I wish you all the same speed with which mine came together. Good Luck! \(^w^)/

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Trisme11 !!

Your timeline is pretty fast. Boston seems to be pretty quick!

Congrats!

Off to my interview at 8am today. Wish me luck :D

ETA: Just got back from my interview, it was a breeze. My oath ceremony is next month (Nov.30). I can't believe how quickly this whole process went by. I wish you all the same speed with which mine came together. Good Luck! \(^w^)/

Congrats Trisme11 - great news! Our timelines are virtually identical!

Any unexpected q's in the interview? And what documentation did they ask to see? My interview is tomorrow morning.

Cheers...

Congrats Trisme11 - great news! Our timelines are virtually identical!

Any unexpected q's in the interview? And what documentation did they ask to see? My interview is tomorrow morning.

Cheers...

Thank you :D

We just went over the application, and if anything came up there were a couple more in depth questions. She asked to see my passport (both old and new) my drivers license, green card, and Social security card (which I didn't have at the time but she said it was alright.)

I made a mistake on my application(registering to vote), so I brought an update of the page and all the explanations to go with it (she seemed to appreciate me making her job easier by bringing the right documents lol)

I even think my interview would have been shorter without my mistake. But all in all pretty straight forward. I was nervous for nothing lol.

Congrats Shazer! How was your interview - pretty straightforward, I'm guessing?! My interview is on Tuesday, 10/25 so I'm just getting all my paperwork organized and ready for it!

Sorry for the late reply, my interview was very straightforward. The only documentation the LO asked for was my marriage certificate which was surprising, because it was no listed as one of the documents I need to bring and I was not applying based on marriage. But I had it with me anyway.
My oath date is on 11/09. Good luck on your interview.

Congrats Shazer! How was your interview - pretty straightforward, I'm guessing?! My interview is on Tuesday, 10/25 so I'm just getting all my paperwork organized and ready for it!

Sorry for the late reply, my interview was very straightforward. The only documentation the LO asked for was my marriage certificate which was surprising, because it was no listed as one of the documents I need to bring and I was not applying based on marriage. But I had it with me anyway.
My oath date is on 11/09. Good luck on your interview.

Interview done - passed!

Had an easy breezy interview today :D ... here's a quick recap.

Interview was set @ 9:50am and the place is about 10 mins away so I left the house at 9am - encountered a major traffic jam enroute due to 2 accidents and only got there at 9:35am - a bit of unnecessary tension and I should've left even earlier!

- 9:40am: Dropped my interview letter in the slot and walked to the back of the room to find a seat
- They called me in even before I sat down!
- Officer swore me in and went over the app (reviewed basic questions) - only asked me for Passport, Green Card and Driver's license - did not ask me about any other docs and I had a full file full of docs!
- Took my civics and English test. Here's the q's - got the first six right! :)
1. When was the declaration of independence adopted?
2. Name one of the longest rivers in the US?
3. Who lived in the US before the Europeans arrived?
4. Who is the speaker of the House of representatives?
5. What do we call the first ten amendments?
6. We elect a President for how many years?
- Officer congratulated me and handed me the N-652.
- I was back outside and in the car at 9:52am! :D

All the best!

My Wife Interviw Done - Passed

My wife just passed CitizenShip Interview today.Since she will be completing her 5th Year Requirement by today, Immigration Officer Scheduled the Oath for November 3rd..As per her, Interview was smooth..Checked in at 12:30 PM for 1'o Clock Interview.She was called for interview at at 2:00 PM.Finished by 2:20 PM..Initially she was scheduled for 3:00 PM Oath,but the officer came out immediately looking for her after the interview, and handed over new Oath Letter for November 3rd..I am still waiting for my interview letter...
She was asked the following questions:
1)What is Freedom of religion?
2) When was the Constitution written?
3)How Many US Senators are there?
4) When must all men register for selective service?
5) Name one State that borders Canada?
6) What ocean is on the East Coast?

Asked to read : Who was Abraham Lincoln?
Asked to write: Abraham Lincon was President of the United States.

Interview date

After a month of my fingerprints I got the mail with interview appointment. It will be on Dec. 7th in Baltimore, MD.

8/17/11 N400 via Certified - Priority Mail
8/22/11 Delivered to the Dallas office
8/25/11 Check cashed
8/29/11 NOA 1 received
9/10/11 FP letter received
10/3/11 FP Done
10/5/11 email from USCIS, case in line for interview appointment
11/03/11 IL received
12/07/11 Interview
x/x/11 Oath Ceremony

I took my Oath on 11/9 at the Tampa Convention Center, so it’s official I am a US citizen. There were 360 applicants, but the event was very organized and the process went very smoothly. The only thing crazy was the people trying to apply for passports, there was no way I was getting in those lines LOL.

Time from start to finish was 4 months. I am so happy it’s done.

Congratulations

i took my oath on 11/9 at the tampa convention center, so it’s official i am a us citizen. There were 360 applicants, but the event was very organized and the process went very smoothly. The only thing crazy was the people trying to apply for passports, there was no way i was getting in those lines lol.

Time from start to finish was 4 months. I am so happy it’s done.

YAY! Congratulations ;)

Had an easy breezy interview today :D ... here's a quick recap.

Interview was set @ 9:50am and the place is about 10 mins away so I left the house at 9am - encountered a major traffic jam enroute due to 2 accidents and only got there at 9:35am - a bit of unnecessary tension and I should've left even earlier!

- 9:40am: Dropped my interview letter in the slot and walked to the back of the room to find a seat
- They called me in even before I sat down!
- Officer swore me in and went over the app (reviewed basic questions) - only asked me for Passport, Green Card and Driver's license - did not ask me about any other docs and I had a full file full of docs!
- Took my civics and English test. Here's the q's - got the first six right! :)
1. When was the declaration of independence adopted?
2. Name one of the longest rivers in the US?
3. Who lived in the US before the Europeans arrived?
4. Who is the speaker of the House of representatives?
5. What do we call the first ten amendments?
6. We elect a President for how many years?
- Officer congratulated me and handed me the N-652.
- I was back outside and in the car at 9:52am! :D

All the best!
Thanks for answering my earlier question. Nice! Congrats on the Citizenship! That was pretty awesome. Hopefully mine goes the same way (same D.O.) and straight forward case. Got my Interview letter last Saturday for 12/15, 1 day before my 41st birth-day!

Update - Post Interview

GC: 10/3/2007
8/13/11 N400 mailed
8/15/11 Delivered to the Dallas office
8/18/11 Check cashed
8/26/11 FP letter mailed
9/15/11 FP Appointment
9/15/11 FP Done
9/19/11 Online Status changed to "Interview & Testing"
10/16/11 E-Mail - Interview Scheduled - awaiting letter.
10/20/11 IL received
11/23/11 Interview (Baltimore,MD) - Passed/Approved.

Passed Interview and approved by very polite and pleasant IO. No same day oath available as day before TGiving Holiday and an 11.30am interview. Interview straight foward, got first six questions correct. IO, didnt ask to see any paperwork, just DL /Green Card and Passport. Gave me back GC, asked me to sign photos and form , and said I should get Oath letter and date within 3 weeks.

Very pleased to have gotten this far, looking foward to oath ceremony and completing this amazing journey.

12/01/11 Oath Letter Received.
12/09/11 Oath Ceremony - Baltimore MD

12/09/11 - Oath Ceremony in Baltimore, administerd by Judge Kessler, very cool ceremony, now a proud U.S. Citizen.

Received Oath letter - scheduled for 12/16

Received my oath letter on Monday, 11/28 (email notification about oath scheduling arrived on 11/21) - oath is scheduled for 12/16 @ 8am - bright and early.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for being a part of my journey! All the best.

Interviewed

Today was my interview in Baltimore MD. It was fast and smooth. Six questions, read a question, write an answer and that was it. Approved and now waiting for oath ceremony.

8/25/11 Check cashed
8/29/11 NOA 1 received
10/3/11 FP Done
11/03/11 IL received
12/07/11 Interview - Approved!
x/x/11 Oath Ceremony

Yay

Just received my passport today. I did it routine service and I got it back in about 10 days. It's been a quick journey, I can hardly believe that just recently I was putting in my application. I hope the rest of your journeys will be just as swift. :D

Oath Ceremony scheduled

Yesterday I received Oath Ceremony appointment for 12/28 at 9:00 in Baltimore, MD.

8/25/11 Check cashed
8/29/11 NOA 1 received
10/3/11 FP Done
11/03/11 IL received
12/07/11 Interview - Approved!
12/28/11 Oath Ceremony