2011 Aug. N-400 Tracker

Tried to do early fingerprinting yesterday (9/9) but reached the USCIS office only around 3:10pm - the lady asked me to come back next week since they were short-staffed and I arrived late in the day! Will try to get the FP done on Monday.

Tried to get the FP done on Monday (9/12) but there was a long line to enter the office and I didn't have too much time. Finally got it done today (9/15) - took about 15 minutes - the agent was super helpful and cheerful. Hope that my interview gets scheduled before 10/31 as I'm planning on a 3-week overseas trip starting around then!

Navz and Hudsonvalley - glad to see that your FP emails were received!

Received "Interview scheduled" email/text today

Quick update: Received an "Interview scheduled" email/text today indicating that I should be receiving an interview letter within the next 14 days.

Good luck to everyone!

Rolling Along

:)

Boston
GC: 3/9/2005
8/1/11 N400 mailed
8/4/11 Delivered to the Dallas office
8/8/11 USCIS text and email confirmations received
8/9/11 Check cashed
8/13/11 NOA received
8/22/11 FP letter mailed
9/13/11 FP Appointment (DONE- Literally didn't even take 10 min. From me getting there, to filling out the papers to getting fingerprinted)
9/15/11 Online Status changed to Testing and Interview. (ALSO received email saying that I have been scheduled for an interview and should expect the letter! All in the same day!)
9/19/11 IL received
10/24/11 Interview
x/x/11 Oath Ceremony

Received my FP letter. Appointment on 10/13. Also, is there any downside to going for an early FP appointment?

How about you Hudson Valley, did you receive the letter in the mail yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Received my FP letter. Appointment on 10/13. Also, is there any downside to going for an early FP appointment?

How about you Hudson Valley, did you receive the letter in the mail yet?

Did FP today, they also took a photo. New nat. certificates will contain a printed photo not glued.

Update - On August Application

GC: 10/3/2007
8/13/11 N400 mailed
8/15/11 Delivered to the Dallas office
8/18/11 Check cashed
8/26/11 FP letter mailed
9/15/11 FP Appointment
9/15/11 FP Done
9/19/11 Online Status changed to "Interview & Testing"
10/x/11 IL received
10/x/11 Interview (Baltimore,MD)
10/x/11 Oath Ceremony
Oath

Email Received Regarding Interview

I am surprised to see that today we have received email notification for my wife that they have scheduled interview for her and interview letter is on the way..It is surprised because, our district office is Washington,DC(which is very slow) ,her case was filed on 08/22..She did her finger printing on 09/14.I have filed the application on 08/08 and did finger print on 08/31..My status is still same "interview schedule queue".Does it mean Washington, DC district started initiative to reduce backlog?Any one has similar experiences?

Today my wife received her interview letter.Interview scheduled for 11/01/2011 in Fairfax,VA.

I have my interview tomorrow at 10:50 at the Tampa field office. I have to say I am very surprised how fast the process has moved along.

Placed in line for interview

I had mi FP done last Monday. Today received email saying my case is in line to get interview appointment date.

8/17/11 N400 via Certified - Priority Mail
8/22/11 Delivered to the Dallas office
8/25/11 Check cashed
8/29/11 NOA 1 received
9/10/11 FP letter received
10/3/11 FP Done
10/5/11 email from USCIS, case in line for interview appointment
x/x/11 IL received
x/x/11 Interview
x/x/11 Oath Ceremony

Yellow Letter Received

Today, I have received an yellow letter instructing me to bring Drivers License/State Issued ID.

Update

8/13/11 N400 mailed
8/18/11 Check cashed
8/26/11 FP letter mailed
9/15/11 FP Appointment
9/15/11 FP Done
10/16/11 E-Mail - Interview Scheduled - awaiting letter.
10/x/11 IL received
10/x/11 Interview (Baltimore,MD)
10/x/11 Oath Ceremony
Oath

Tried to get the FP done on Monday (9/12) but there was a long line to enter the office and I didn't have too much time. Finally got it done today (9/15) - took about 15 minutes - the agent was super helpful and cheerful. Hope that my interview gets scheduled before 10/31 as I'm planning on a 3-week overseas trip starting around then!

Navz and Hudsonvalley - glad to see that your FP emails were received!

Hey imhopeful,
I see we have the same field office. What was your experience on the early FP? You just walk in the door and ask to be fingerprinted? How long did it take? I just received my appt. today for 11/3 and considering having them done early if possible.

Thanks and good luck in your interview!

Status Changed to Testing and Interview

My online status changed to testing and interview....

Interview Date - Update

8/13/11 N400 mailed
8/18/11 Check cashed
8/26/11 FP letter mailed
9/15/11 FP Appointment
9/15/11 FP Done
10/16/11 E-Mail - Interview Scheduled - awaiting letter.
10/20/11 IL received
11/23/11 Interview (Baltimore,MD)
10/x/11 Oath Ceremony
Oath

Early FP

Hey imhopeful,
I see we have the same field office. What was your experience on the early FP? You just walk in the door and ask to be fingerprinted? How long did it take? I just received my appt. today for 11/3 and considering having them done early if possible.

Thanks and good luck in your interview!

Hey X3-T ... I only got 3rd time lucky with my attempts to do an early walk-in FP as mentioned previously. Yes, I told them that I was going to be out-of-town on the day of the original FP appointment (I had a copy of my flight tickets to prove it) and told them that I needed to get fingerprinted - the first time, I arrived after the 3pm cut-off and they asked me to come back the following week, the 2nd time there was a long line so I didn't even try and the 3rd time, they got me in and took care of my biometrics.

Good luck with the rest of your process! I'm sorry for the delayed response - I've been getting ready for my interview which is this Tuesday, 10/25! Will provide an update after I'm done with the interview.

Congrats!

Got my letter in the mail on Friday, my oath date is 11/9 at the Tampa convention center.

Congrats Shazer! How was your interview - pretty straightforward, I'm guessing?! My interview is on Tuesday, 10/25 so I'm just getting all my paperwork organized and ready for it!