2011 April N-400 Tracker

@speakamericano

Thank you for your answer, but the online status doesn't say that the case was transferred to the local DO. It states that I am now in line to be scheduled for an interview.
Also, is it possible to receive the IL (NOT take the interview) while the name check is still in process since they usually schedule the interview a month from receiving the letter.

By the way, what are your dates? have you already passed the interview phase?

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
Peace

Online status doesn't show transferred to local DO. It just shows Interview and Testing. That means the fingerprinting has been cleared, once it passes the RFE circle. If you're already in the Interview and Testing bubble then you can expect the Yellow Letter and the Interview Letter anytime.
My dates are:
November 17 2010 - application sent
Dec 23 2010 - FP taken at San Jose, CA
Dec 28 2010 - Bubble moved to Testing and Interview
Jan 5 2011 - YL received
Jan 11 2011 - Interview Letter received
Feb 03 2011 - Interview at SJ
Feb 23 2011 - Oath
Feb 23 2011 - PP applied routine service
Mar 24 2011 - PP received
Mar 26 2011 - Naturalization Certificate received

Folks, looking for an honest opinion -

For those of us who file within 90 days before the GC anniversary, does USCIS try to schedule the interview to be beyond the GC anniversary, so the case can be approved there and then? Or do they slot it in the first available time, once the case has reached "testing and interview"?

eastside... you can still get done with the interview and pass it, but u won't be given an oath letter until you reach full 5 years...(including 3 months of the earlier filed paperwork for citizenship)

random question

Does anyone know what point they take your Green Card away at? Is it at the interview or the Oath? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
May 16 - Testing and Interview Online Update

On May 16, 2011, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was placed in line for interview scheduling. When scheduling is complete, you will receive a written notice with a time and place for your interview. Please check the website for further updates on your case. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

@gc_line

First, congrats on your progress in getting your interview scheduled.

Two questions for you:
1. Which District Office you belong to?
2. What is your online status say?

Thank you,
Peace

Hi Peace,
Thanks for your wishes!
1. Which District Office you belong to? San Jose CA
2. What is your online status say? Testing and Interview
Your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION is now scheduled for interview. You will receive a written notice with a time and place for your interview. You should receive this notice within 14 days. If you do not receive this notice within 14 days from May 9, 2011, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

Attempted FP walkin May 17. USCIS person not too encouraging--stated I was welcome to take a seat but I "might wait all day and not be processed". Decided it was easiest to come back on the originally scheduled date (May 20).

Hi Peace,
Thanks for your wishes!
1. Which District Office you belong to? San Jose CA
2. What is your online status say? Testing and Interview
Your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION is now scheduled for interview. You will receive a written notice with a time and place for your interview. You should receive this notice within 14 days. If you do not receive this notice within 14 days from May 9, 2011, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

@gc_line & @speakamericano

Thank you for your responses. It appears then from the online status message below that I am not scheduled yet for an interview, so I will not receive an IL until my online status message changes. Is that correct?

@speakamericano: was that the case for you too?
@gc_line: did you receive this message before your status went to "interview scheduled"?

"Testing and Interview

On May 13, 2011, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was placed in line for interview scheduling. When scheduling is complete, you will receive a written notice with a time and place for your interview. Please check the website for further updates on your case. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address."

"Attempted FP walkin May 17. USCIS person not too encouraging--stated I was welcome to take a seat but I "might wait all day and not be processed". Decided it was easiest to come back on the originally scheduled date (May 20)"

I am waiting until my date as well.

04/18/2011 : N-400 Sent to Phoenix, AZ
04/19/2011 : Application received with Money Order
04/27/2011 : NOA Received by Mail
04/27/2011 : FP Notice mailed (as per online status)
05/02/2011 : Rec. FP letter (FP scheduled for 5/13/2011)
05/13/2011 : FP Done
05/17/2011 : Online Check (Case is inline for Interview Scheduling)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

xx/xx/2011 : Case sent to local office
xx/xx/2011 : Interview Letter
xx/xx/2011 : Interview Date
xx/xx/2011 : Oath Date
xx/xx/2011 : Passport Application
xx/xx/2011 : Passport Received

How do people do FP walk-ins!? I tried (in boston) yesterday and it was a flat out no-go. The people were very nice about it but told me to come back on the actual appointment date...

How do people do FP walk-ins!? I tried (in boston) yesterday and it was a flat out no-go. The people were very nice about it but told me to come back on the actual appointment date...

What time did you go? Also did you see if there were alot of people there? I went at 9AM and the office opens at 8AM. There were not much people inside 1 person already having her prints done and 2 people in a family of 3 who came in were just ahead of me. Then there wer 3 people who came in within 10 minutes of me waiting for my turn. I think it depends if there are a lot of people. If they say no-go and you see there are not much people there maybe you need to come up an good excuse I guess.. Because the guard actually wasn't interested in my excuse. My grandmother said she won't be available to drive me but the guard didn't even ask and wasn't even interested. And he just said "No problem".. Really nice all of them were really friendly also.

Baltimore District Office Applicants: Here is a tracker for you. Please share your experiences with other Marylanders.

Baltimore, MD N-400 April 2011 Tracker

Hello,

Here is a quick update on my dates. You can also check the Baltimore tracker: Baltimore, MD N-400 April 2011 Tracker

District Office: Baltimore, MD
04/09/2011: N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX Lockbox via UPS Express
04/11/2011: Application received
04/13/2011: Received text and email - application accepted, NOA mailed.
04/14/2011: Check Cashed
04/15/2011: NOA I-797C received in mail
04/19/2011: FP Notice mailed (from online status)
04/21/2011: FP Letter received (scheduled for 05/11/2011)
05/11/2011: FP Done
05/13/2010: Online Status Update (in line to be scheduled for an interview....)
05/20/2011: Online Status Update (Scheduled for an interview...IL sent)

even with very little amount of people in line, fingerprint early walk-in can still be a no-go. In my case in baltimore, first time was a no-go. The lady actually stated that the only reason she was letting me go ahead and do it on my second early walk-in attempt was because she had already stamp my appointment sheet. I simply said 'Thank You'.

"On May 9, 2011, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was placed in line for interview scheduling. When scheduling is complete, you will receive a written notice with a time and place for your interview."

05/05/2011 - FP Done (as per scheduled appointment at Sugar Land [DO: Houston, TX] ASC)
05/09/2011 - Online status changed (see above)
05/??/2011 - Yellow Letter, if any - Not received yet
05/??/2011 - Interview Letter - Not received yet
06/??/2011 - Interview Date - Do not know yet
07/??/2011 - Oath Date - Do not know yet

I have noticed most of you received IL within ten days after FP. In my case, over couple of weeks passed since FP no update yet :-(