2010 October N-400 tracker

I am not sure whom to trust any more. at any rate, I will complete the 5 month mark on march the 13 th which is about 2 months away, I wonder what will happen at that point, will my case simply be dragged outside processing time, or forced to be dealt with within the national average of 5 months?
fYI: my GC was held for 2 years because of name check but I have from congresmen stating that my name check result was done on the same day it was requested.
Again I do not know whom to trust, I just hope I will not have to Waugh for another 2 years fir my citizenship

I am not sure whom to trust any more. at any rate, I will complete the 5 month mark on march the 13 th which is about 2 months away, I wonder what will happen at that point, will my case simply be dragged outside processing time, or forced to be dealt with within the national average of 5 months?
fYI: my GC was held for 2 years because of name check but I have from congresmen stating that my name check result was done on the same day it was requested.
Again I do not know whom to trust, I just hope I will not have to Waugh for another 2 years fir my citizenship

I doubt that your name check was returned the same day. Your congressman's office most likely checked on your FBI fingerprint check status, which in most cases is returned automatically the same day after the fingerprints are run in their system. The name check definitely takes at least a few days since there is always at least some amount of back log. Based on the latest information USCIS put out for name checks, it says 98% of name checks are completed within 30 days and the remaining 2% within 90 days. So from that I understand that even if you were in the 2% whose name check took longer to clear, you should have no reason to believe that it went beyond 90 days. Your case most likely is the queue for an interview to be scheduled and because of the recent holidays things have been slow. I filed my application on Nov 6 and I'm waiting for my interview letter as well. Based on what I've seen for my local DO, people are mostly done with their interviews in about 3 months or even less in some cases. It seems like mine would go much beyond 3 months since I have not even received an email for transfer to local office and interviews are scheduled with at least a 30 day notice period.

I think it depends on a number of factors including how soon the name check results are received back before they put you in the queue for an interview. So sit back and relax and unless you are in a hurry bacause of a real personal situation (e.g. a job related travel situation like in my case), you should have nothing to worry about. There are many October filers who are still waiting. Good luck!

thanks so very much. you have really provided the much needed comfort. well since the interview notice should be sent out a month in advance and with my case being 5 month on march the 13 i guess i should get an interview letter no later than Feb the 13th.. i am just hoping that will be the case at the worst case scenario.
also if i fall under the 2% who gets a 90 day processing time then I should still get the interview letter by feb the 17th at the latest.
pure speculation of some one full of frustration :-0)

My case is being transferred for an interview y'all

I could not believe it y'all. Here is what I got when I check my case online. I am hoping the interview letter will follow soon.
Testing and Interview

Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled. You will be sent a notice advising you of the date and time of your interview. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

All right!!!! Go chicagoboy! :) If it just changed, give it about a week for the interview letter. Mine came in about 7 days, although I have seen others get in 2-3 days. Congratulations and best of luck.

Thanks complexity now I am ready to wait for 2 weeks if needed for the interview letter.
I am just glad that I crossed the namecheck hurdle that delayed my GC for 2 years.
I was told that Chicago downtown area is slow in getting interviews scheduled is that true any one??

Good to hear that your case status change Chicagoboy. My timeline is same but no change of status yet. Need to wait for two more weeks before calling customer service again. :(

Thanks complexity now I am ready to wait for 2 weeks if needed for the interview letter.
I am just glad that I crossed the namecheck hurdle that delayed my GC for 2 years.
I was told that Chicago downtown area is slow in getting interviews scheduled is that true any one??

KovaiGC please call uscis and ask for your call to be escalated to a 2nd level. the 2nd level support can for sure give you a clear status on where your case might be stuck. i also feel that my call got the case rolling again since the 2nd level support stated that I should get my case transfered within a week and I need to call back a week later. and the 2nd level support was right, the case was transfered to local office within the same timeframe that the 2nd level support has stated. not sure if there is any relationship but it wont hurt

I now want to begin the process of filing for a green card for my wife. She is currently visiting the US, and i want to do this while she is here. Her 1-94 says she can stay until mid March. We have 2 kids who were born in the US.

Can someone please advise me on what i need to do.

Thanks.
H

Please check the forms in my signature. You need all of them for your wife. One of them is the medical report, which the doctor will fill when your wife will visit him.

When I applied, I paid fee for all forms. But later I found that I didn't have to pay for EAD and Advance Parole as I am applying for Adjustment of Status too. Since I used separate checks for each form, my case wasn't delayed and USCIS simply returned the checks which were not applied. If I had sent one check with lump sum for the entire application, my case would have delayed.

You have to read all the instructions for each form if you are doing it yourself. This is a long and time consuming process but a million times better than given several thousand to a lawyer.

Good Luck.

Hey Guys So i just called the hot-line and was placed to the 2nd level customer service, once u recieve a yellow letter you call can be escalated to the second level.

I received my yellow Letter since last month ( DECEMBER) and nothing since ( we are no impatience sometimes LOL) ....anyhow

She said i was place in the Cubes or Que something like that for scheduling...basically when a slot becomes available then i will get my interview date...i guess thats good news and that says i passed name check and all finger printing checks and stuff like that..its basically saying your file was giving permission for interview.

I guess anyone with similar problem can call and then ask if you were place in the slot for interview scheduling...

Before i got off the phone..i ask so what does this all say..i will getting a White letter soon...she was like i don't know......she said keep calling back and check on it

that's one thing i like about them...they don't mind u calling and asking...they are very nice i noticed...don't be scared keep calling

in the 1st department, the lady said since i got my yellow letter...i should of been scheduled already...this meansss..it's all about timing..time slots are backed up

that explains why some people in some area get the Yellow Letter and White Letter on the same day..and even yet..I THINK I've seen some people gotten white letter before the yellow...

ok thats my take

Hey I Just got the appointment letter today but it is little far from today. It is on March 30th so 2 months from now.

I hope the 2 months period does not mean that they are still researching my case rather an indication of how busy the Chicago office is and am assurance that I will get the ceremony on the same day,*
What do you all think about the 2 month delay?

Hey I Just got the appointment letter today but it is little far from today. It is on March 30th so 2 months from now.

I hope the 2 months period does not mean that they are still researching my case rather an indication of how busy the Chicago office is and am assurance that I will get the ceremony on the same day,*
What do you all think about the 2 month delay?

Might be more of an indication of the backlog at the office. Don't worry dude, you'll be fine..... :) Celebrate your IL! Go get a drink, but don't drive after that! Two months to go before you consider such indiscretions(not recommended nevertheless)! LOL!

any one of you filed in chicago? if so do you know if Chicago offers same day cermony as the day of the interview?
if not what is the waiting time from the interview to the cermony in chicago??

Hello Guy, Updating my case:
Had my interview at OKC office. It went very well. Thanks to all of the members for the valuable in formation.
Civic Test:
What to we show loyalty to when we say pledge of allegiance?
Who did the United States fight in World War II?
Who vetos the bills?
What is the capital of your state?
What is the Supreme Law of the Land?
What is an Amendment?

We did not have to wait for our turn. Officers were very professional & efficient.
I had a mistake on the N-400 application. The officer corrected it.
Overall, a good experience. Now waiting begins for the oath letter :)

Hi all,
There was a power outage at the Houston DO today and the office was closed (they did not let anyone in). 2 security guards and 2 IO's were at the entrance door to collect the signatures of those scheduled today on some sort of presence sheet. You had to provide your appointment letter, give your DOB and sign. The IO would then cross today's date on the appointment letter and write with a pen MARCH 9 same time as today (next free slot). The whole area had just no power. I could tell something was not right when I saw that the traffic lights all around Greenspoint (Houston DO location) were out and all parking (visitors and USCIS employees) lots were empty. Anyway, the clock starts once again for 5 more weeks until ID. No need to be sad, things happen the way they do.

DO: Houston
Oct 25, 2010: Sent to Lewisville, TX
Oct 28, 2010: Application Received
Oct 29, 2010: NOA
Nov 3, 2010: Check Cashed
Dec 6, 2010: Called USCIS and raised Service Request
Dec 16, 2010: RFE status
Dec 20, 2010: RFE letter received (Biometrics only - scheduled for Jan 5, 2010)
Dec 20, 2010: FP Done (walk in)
Dec 27, 2010: Yellow Letter received (Driver License only)
Dec 27, 2010: Case transferred to local office
Dec 31, 2010: Service Request Letter received saying FP done on Dec 20, 2010 still valid
Dec 31, 2010: Interview Letter received
Feb 2, 2011: Interview Day - Cancelled due to power outage- not sure what the cause was, it was a little windy, 32F feeling like minus, no rain, no snow, no ice
March 9, 2011- New Interview day

Question for yaall
My YL did not say any thing about bringing a passport only DL or state ID.
I have a refugee travel doc do I need to bring it to the interview?
Do I also need to being my country passport which I used for initial entry to us special since it does not have any of my last 5 years travel?
All my travels where done using the travel document?

Question for yaall
My YL did not say any thing about bringing a passport only DL or state ID.
I have a refugee travel doc do I need to bring it to the interview?
Do I also need to being my country passport which I used for initial entry to us special since it does not have any of my last 5 years travel?
All my travels where done using the travel document?

Chicagoboy, take everything your passport and traveldoc to the interview. That is what I did. Taking the passport with you clears a lot of things. 1, it shows that you have entered to USA Legally and 2, you haven't returned back to your COP or didn't have contact with the embassy of your COP. So take it with you.

Good luck!