2010 October N-400 tracker

my national passport was handed to the immigration lawer during my asylum case. Ever since I have either left it with the lawer or simply misplaced it i only have my travel document.

I am not sure if the INS will have my national passport on file from the lawer or If the passport was simply lost with the lawer.
i really hope that not brining the National Passport will not result in any trouble specially since I have all my last year travel in my travel document..
please advice....

Thanks heavymen. You started the thread, so thank you for that :)

Thanks chicagoboy, best of luck to you. I know it is taking time, but hopefully you will be a fellow American soon :)

Hello Guy, Updating my case:
Had my interview at OKC office. It went very well. Thanks to all of the members for the valuable in formation.
Civic Test:
What to we show loyalty to when we say pledge of allegiance?
Who did the United States fight in World War II?
Who vetos the bills?
What is the capital of your state?
What is the Supreme Law of the Land?
What is an Amendment?

We did not have to wait for our turn. Officers were very professional & efficient.
I had a mistake on the N-400 application. The officer corrected it.
Overall, a good experience. Now waiting begins for the oath letter :)

Congrats for the successful Interview.
By the way I had my interview on 31st Jan 2011, at OKC and mine was 8.00 am and for me it went off well no issues. Just waiting for Oath letter, date and place. Any idea how is there any waiting period for getting the oath letter. Any knowledge? Let me know when yours oath date comes. Thanks and good luck.
Narayan

Congratulations to Complexity. Keeps us in prayers.

Narayana7: Good to hear that. I have no idea. Our interviews were on the same afternoon (Jan 31). The officer said something but I don't remember! My spouse remembers may be in 2 weeks or so?? Did they say anything to you? Please do post your oath letter date. I will do the same.
Thanks.

Immictz: What all they said about that I am going to get a letter soon. As you said, may be in two weeks. Sure, I will let you know once I have the oath leltter and date. Same is the case with you. Thanks for your prompt response.

Narayan7

Immictz: What all they said about that I am going to get a letter soon. As you said, may be in two weeks. Sure, I will let you know once I have the oath leltter and date. Same is the case with you. Thanks for your prompt response.

Narayan7

Will let you know. :)

damn its been since like Dec i receive my yellow paper and Nov 22nd i did my FB

and no interview letter yet or transfer to local office

i'm in NYC - Brooklyn
any predictions? or thoughts

they said im in line for my papers to get accept from the local office...but damn its taking so long

damn its been since like Dec i receive my yellow paper and Nov 22nd i did my FB

and no interview letter yet or transfer to local office

i'm in NYC - Brooklyn
any predictions? or thoughts

they said im in line for my papers to get accept from the local office...but damn its taking so long

Make a damn Infopass and ask them why it's taking so damn long for damn interview.

Narayan7

Immictz made me aware of this thread. I interviewed in OKC on Jan 18, 2011 and have not yet received my oath letter. I will be sure to respond when I receive it as it seems mine was close to 2 weeks before yours... Hopefully soon :) Was 4 weeks today I was approved...

Regards,

10/18/2010: N-400 Sent (Fairfax, VA)
10/20/2010: N-400 Received by USCIS
10/26/2010: Check Cashed
10/29/2010: NOA Received
11/03/2010: Rec. FP letter;
11/18/2010: FP Scheduled
11/18/2010: FP done
12/13/2010: YL Received
12/15/2010: FP Re-taken letter Received
01/03/2011: FP Re-taken Scheduled
01/03/2011: FP Re-taken done
xx/xx/2011: Case sent to local off.
02/18/2011: Interview Letter
03/23/2011 : Interview Date
xx/xx/2011: Passport Application
xx/xx/2011 : Passport Received

Sorry to hear that.
I was in San Antonio for interview on the same day. There was no power outage in SA. But they told me their system is down. So they had to hand write the interview result form instead of put it electronically into computer. The interview was pretty simple. The officer told me to expect oath in March or April. But I still don't get the oath letter yet. Hope the system down won't mess up things.

N400 Timelines
Oct 22, 10 Sent N-400 application to Dallas PO box by USPS
Nov 01, 10 Receive FP
Nov 15, 10 Took FP in Austin ASC
Dec 15, 10 LUD for case transfer to local office
Jan 03, 11 Received IL
Feb 02, 11 Interview and Testing Date (Passed) @ USCIS San Antonio
------------ Oath Date

Hi all,
There was a power outage at the Houston DO today and the office was closed (they did not let anyone in). 2 security guards and 2 IO's were at the entrance door to collect the signatures of those scheduled today on some sort of presence sheet. You had to provide your appointment letter, give your DOB and sign. The IO would then cross today's date on the appointment letter and write with a pen MARCH 9 same time as today (next free slot). The whole area had just no power. I could tell something was not right when I saw that the traffic lights all around Greenspoint (Houston DO location) were out and all parking (visitors and USCIS employees) lots were empty. Anyway, the clock starts once again for 5 more weeks until ID. No need to be sad, things happen the way they do.

DO: Houston
Oct 25, 2010: Sent to Lewisville, TX
Oct 28, 2010: Application Received
Oct 29, 2010: NOA
Nov 3, 2010: Check Cashed
Dec 6, 2010: Called USCIS and raised Service Request
Dec 16, 2010: RFE status
Dec 20, 2010: RFE letter received (Biometrics only - scheduled for Jan 5, 2010)
Dec 20, 2010: FP Done (walk in)
Dec 27, 2010: Yellow Letter received (Driver License only)
Dec 27, 2010: Case transferred to local office
Dec 31, 2010: Service Request Letter received saying FP done on Dec 20, 2010 still valid
Dec 31, 2010: Interview Letter received
Feb 2, 2011: Interview Day - Cancelled due to power outage- not sure what the cause was, it was a little windy, 32F feeling like minus, no rain, no snow, no ice
March 9, 2011- New Interview day

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Bud,

Any updates on oath letters. Did anyone from OK got oath letters?

Keep all us in loop.

Narayan7

No, not yet. I think I was the first out of this bunch to have the interview in OKC and have not received anything. Been just over 5 weeks since I was approved. Will post when I do receive it though :)

No, not yet. I think I was the first out of this bunch to have the interview in OKC and have not received anything. Been just over 5 weeks since I was approved. Will post when I do receive it though :)

Thanks Bud, for the update.
By the way did anyone know, what is the usual wait period from the date of interview to Oath letter and Oath letter?. I heard usually, one will be getting within 3 weeks from the interview date the oath letter. But this, I am going the trend that it is taking more time. I don't know why? . I hope everyone who did their interview will get their oath letters before this weekend or latest by the end of this month!!

Narayan7

Hi all, here's an update. I'm a US citizen as of Feb 17th, 2011!

My interview experience was very similar to everyone else. The IO told me they had interviewed me much earlier than my 5 years annivesary, otherwise they would give me the same day oath (apparently they have same day oath in Seattle). He told me if I requested name change, then I would have to wait till July 4th (that's the only time they have a federal judge at the ceremony). Oath letter received 3 weeks after the interview.

The whole N-400 process took me 114 days (~4 months). Good luck to everyone!

DO: Seattle
10/26/2010: N-400 Sent (Phoenix, AZ)
10/27/2010: N-400 Received by USCIS
10/29/2010: Cashier Check Cashed
10/31/2010: Txt Msg Case Accepted, Receipt # Notified
11/5/2010: NOA Received, PD: 10/27/2010
11/8/2010: FP Notification Received
11/17/2010: FP Done
12/01/2010: IL Received
01/06/2011: ID. Done
02/17/2011: Oath. US Citizen!