2010 November N-400 tracker

Well, hopefully your NOA will be in your mailbox soon! I also mailed mine on 11/6, got delivery confirmed on USPS website on 11/8 and the check wasn't cleared till 11/15. My status update from USCIS website says that RFE was sent out on 11/16... so I'm hoping it will be here by tomorrow. Since your check was cleared last week, I'm sure you will get the notice like today or tomorrow!! :)

Well, I finally got the receipt notice yesterday (I-797). Kgurl, what's your district office?

DO: Houston
Nov 6 - N-400 Mailed
Nov 8 - Delivery confirmed by Fedex
Nov 10 - Check cleared my bank
Nov 18 - Receipt notice received - dated Nov 10 - priority date Nov 8

Check Cleared

My check got cleared from my bank. now waiting for SMS or e-mail confirmation from USCIS.

DO: Baltimore

11/15/10: Sent N-400 to Lewsville express mail
11/16/10: Delivery confirmed through USPS
11/19/10: Check Cleared my bank

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my FP notice today. It's on 12/1 at 8 am. I was going to do a walk-in but with the holidays, I can't take time off Mon-Wed and since I will be out of town till 11/29 afternoon...I think I am just going when I'm scheduled. Excited! :D

Sent my N-400 package by UPS today to the Phoenix Center. Confirmed delivery by Wednesday (11/24). Looks like rest of you on this forum have used the Dallas Lock Box. By the way, how do I sign up to get notified electronically (Email SMS, etc..) from USCIS? Any light on this will be appreciated. Thanks and will post updates.

Sent my N-400 package by UPS today to the Phoenix Center. Confirmed delivery by Wednesday (11/24). Looks like rest of you on this forum have used the Dallas Lock Box. By the way, how do I sign up to get notified electronically (Email SMS, etc..) from USCIS? Any light on this will be appreciated. Thanks and will post updates.

There's a form that you could fill out: G-1145 and send with the package.
If you did not do that, you will need to wait till you receive NOA in the mail.
NOA has receipt number that you can use to sign up for the notification via USCIS website.
Go to USCIS website, you will see a section that says Case Status on the left side. You don't have to put in the receipt number, just click on Check Status.
Then on the left side, you will see Sign Up for Case Updates.
Follow the instruction and you will be good to go. You can choose to get notification via SMS or Email or Both. :)
Oh and if your receipt number has * in it, make sure to include it when you type it in. :D
Good luck!

Receipt Number recieved via SMS. I got the SMS about 1 a.m in the morning. Does it mean they are working 24/7?

Hope i can update something too, but i still have not heard anything yet. Mailed the N-400 on Nov 15 too

Thanks kgurl! Since I did not do the former (G-1145), will have to wait to do the latter.

Hi , my check finally checked today!I did not do the G-1145, I saw lots of different number at back of the check, does anyone know that which number is my receipt number? What they started by?(nvc###?) And how many digit number they are? Thanks a lot

Hi , my check finally checked today!I did not do the G-1145, I saw lots of different number at back of the check, does anyone know that which number is my receipt number? What they started by?(nvc###?) And how many digit number they are? Thanks a lot

My receipt number did not show on the back of the check at all. I have lots of number on it too but nothing close to the receipt number.
You will need to wait till you receive your NOA to know what your receipt number is...

My receipt number did not show on the back of the check at all. I have lots of number on it too but nothing close to the receipt number.
You will need to wait till you receive your NOA to know what your receipt number is...

Thanks kgurl ~ I just heard people found out the receipt number at back of the check before, anyway, i will wait for my notice letter then. Thanks again!