2010 March N-400 Tracker

US Citizens now !!!

Today, me and my wife completed our Naturalizaton interviews successfully and were administered Oath as well. The interviewing officers were very polite and the whole interview process went very smoothly. It lasted approx about 30 minutes each for me and my wife.

The following questions were asked as part of civics test (qns were stopped at 6 when all were answered correctly):

For me:
1. What is the name of the President of the United States?
2. We elect a Senator for how many years?
3. Name one branch of the government?
4. If both the President and the Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President?
5. What is the name of the Speaker of the House of Representatives now?
6. What did the Declaration of Independence do?

For my wife:
1. Who lived in America before the Europeans arrived?
2. When was the Declaration of Independence adopted?
3. Name one of the two longest rivers in the United States?
4. We elect a President for how many years?
5. What is one thing Benjamin Franklin is famous for?
6. Name one of the Senators of your state?

Reading and Writing Questions (for me):
Reading Qn: When is Columbus Day?
To write: Columbus day is in October.

Reading and Writing Questions (for my wife):
Reading Qn: What is the capital of United States?
To write: Washington, DC is the capital of United States

Finally, a long journey of Immigration ended today. Thanks to all of you for your valuable inputs, encouraging posts.

Good Luck to all waiting in line. You will be done soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally a long journey is over.....

Proud U.S Citizens now (my wife and I).

My wife had a simple and easy interview which lasted for 15 min.

I had a long interview which lasted around 30 min, mainly because of my three minor traffic speeding tickets.

Finally, outcome was very positive and we both had our oath ceremony in the afternoon.

My interview Civic/History questions:

1. How many U.S. Senators are there?
2. The House of Representatives has how many voting members?
3. We elect a U.S. Representative for how many years?
4. Who is the Chief Justice of the United States now?
5. When was the Constitution written?
6. Name one war fought by the United States in the 1900s

My IO was an African American, looked very serious until end of my interview but she was very helpful.

I opted out of name change I requested in my N-400. IO was ok with that.

She asked me all basic questions like name, DOB, address etc.
She then asked me about general moral character questions.
She came down to arrest/citation question...... Asked me the nature of tickets (I said they were all speeding). Then she asked me how much over the speed for each ticket. I said I don't remember. Then she asked me if I have supporting documents. Luckily I got certified court dispositions for all the three tickets.

She read all three tickets thorougly, noticed how much over the speed I drove etc. Then finally she wrote something like 'minor infractions' on the form.
Then she moved on to next questions like 'Do I owe tax to IRS/State? She asked me If I had my recent tax returns. I said, Yes, I do, I have all the tax transcripts for last 5 years, She took all of them, went over the 2009 tax returns for few min.

Because of this forum, I took IRS tax transcripts, court certified dispositions etc. I am very grateful to this forum/forum members.

From this point, she became very friendly. Congratualted me and finally gave me the letter for same day oath ceremony.

What a relief !!!!

My wife's interview questions:
1. What is the name of the national anthem?
2. Why does the flag have 13 stripes?
3. What is the “rule of law”?
4. What ocean is on the West Coast of the United States?
5. What major event happened on September 11, 2001, in the United States?
6. We elect a U.S. Senator for how many years?

My wife's interview was straight forward, no extra documents asked.

I must thank this forum, forum moderators, tons of forum members for their awesome contributions, for helping fellow members etc. I have always got answer to my questions in this forum.

Thanks a million to those who helped me during this citizenship journey. I wish everyone good luck.

Congrats for those who became citizens and good luck to those who are waiting....your day is not far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks IPL-fan. Hope you are done as well. Do share your experience. Did you revert your name change request to go ahead with Oath and take care of name change later through the court yourself?

Thanks ins_to_usis.

Yes, that's what I did. I forgot to mention it in my experience. Thanks for bringing it up. I didn't want to wait indefinitely to get my OL.

Congrats to IPL-fan and ins_to uscis. All the best on future endevours. A whole "new" experience awaits.
Good Luck to all other in line.

Alright my fellow march gang, i finaly got my oath letter today, though am a little pissed because their delay in sending the letter will result in me missing next weeks oath, but rather waiting for august 20th oath. But it is all good though.

Alright my fellow march gang, i finaly got my oath letter today, though am a little pissed because their delay in sending the letter will result in me missing next weeks oath, but rather waiting for august 20th oath. But it is all good though.

Good deal. Congrats kck!

I am USA Citizen now. Thanks to this forum and all of you guys for sharing your time experiences.

DO: Newark, NJ
LPR from: 06/17/2005

03/19/2010 Sent N-400 FedEx'd to Lewisville
03/22/2010 N-400 Received
03/25/2010 PD
03/31/2010 Check cashed
03/31/2010 NOA Received
04/13/2010 FP notice recd (scheduled: 05/06/2010)
04/14/2010 (Elizabeth, NJ. Early FP attempt unsuccessful. )
05/06/2010 FP done (Elizabeth, NJ.)
06/17/2010 (Email received stating Transferred to local office)
06/18/2010 IL received
07/23/2010 ID ( Interview Time 8:20, Interview Taken 9:15 ( It took 10 Mins )
07/23/2010 OD ( Oath Taken 11:00, out of the USCIS office 12:15 )
Traffic Citation in N-400 ? No
Name Change in N-400? No