2010 March N-400 Tracker

Recommended for Approval
My interview in Phoenix office is done today. It was looooong wait before they call my name. I was just 5 mins before the scheduled time, security was not allowing inside if arrived early.
I was sent in right away, handed over the notice to reception area and was asked to wait until my name is called. It took horrible 2 hours before they callmy name.
Officer did not wished or nothing, straight to point. Asked for my id & green card, gave them back after cross check with my application.
Immediately started reviewing my application line-by-line. I had 3 long trips recently lasting about 152 - 92 days, but no questions asked about long trips.
English test:
Gave me a sheet to read loudly the item# 2: Why the people come to America? (marked as pass)
Gave me another sheet asked me write: We elect president in November (marked as pass)

Civic test:
1. Name one war fought by america in 1900's
2. We elect a U.S. Representative for how many years?
3. The House of Representatives has how many voting members?
4. What does the President’s Cabinet do?
5. Who is the current chief justice?
6. Who is the father of our nation?
All were answered correct. Done with the interview - Passed
Asked to sign few papers and said the Oath letter will come in 2-4 weeks.
Congratulations! your application has been recommended for approval - was checked.

Recommended for Approval
My interview in Phoenix office is done today. It was looooong wait before they call my name. I was just 5 mins before the scheduled time, security was not allowing inside if arrived early.
I was sent in right away, handed over the notice to reception area and was asked to wait until my name is called. It took horrible 2 hours before they callmy name.
Officer did not wished or nothing, straight to point. Asked for my id & green card, gave them back after cross check with my application.
Immediately started reviewing my application line-by-line. I had 3 long trips recently lasting about 152 - 92 days, but no questions asked about long trips.

Congratulations! your application has been recommended for approval - was checked.

Congrats rchigurupati. Hope you get your OL soon :)

Recommended for Approval
English test:
Gave me a sheet to read loudly the item# 2: Why the people come to America? (marked as pass)
Gave me another sheet asked me write: We elect president in November (marked as pass)

Civic test:
1. Name one war fought by america in 1900's
2. We elect a U.S. Representative for how many years?
3. The House of Representatives has how many voting members?
4. What does the President’s Cabinet do?
5. Who is the current chief justice?
6. Who is the father of our nation?
All were answered correct. Done with the interview - Passed
Asked to sign few papers and said the Oath letter will come in 2-4 weeks.

Congratulations Rchigurupati !!!

Congratulations to all of you who got their IL, OL or done with Oath and best wishes for those they are waiting for their IL.

HAD INTERVIEW ON JUNE 15th....

CHECK-IN
Interview scheduled for 9am arrived at local Office at about 8:40.
I also had my wife and daughter with me. Checked in at security on 1st floor.
Checked in on 3rd floor and placed interview letter in appointment box.
Sat down in waiting area with about 20-25 people waiting
Decided to go over some of the US history Q&A's and was on about the 3rd question...when my name was called!! I was like what!!!??? I looked at my wife and was like "What time is it?" It was about 8:45, not even 9:00 yet! I was so nervous because I wasn't expecting my name to be called the second we sat down,especially before the scheduled time.

INTERVIEW
The officer and I greeted each other as he directed me to his office .
We sat down and he asked if I was ready to start and I said I was but, I am a little nervous. He than said, It's alright to be nervous let's begin.
He asked to look at my passport and GC as he opened my file that was on his desk .
He started reviewing my application line by line and asking me questions as he went through it
(IE.) when did you 1st arrive in U.S.,Port of entry,date of marriage,wife's name & DOB,do we pay taxes do we owe taxes.

He asked me for my tax transcripts for last 3yrs, which I gave him. Since I didn't submit the transcripts in with the original application. I had only submitted tax copies. Those were the only documents he requested from me.

Than Writing portion. Asked to write: "Congress meets in Washington, D.C.".
Reading portion can't remember exact sentence but was like "Who can vote in the U.S....?"
US HISTORY QUESTIONS:
1.What is the constitution?
2.What are the two houses of government?
3.What is the first ammendment?
4.What is the political party of current president?
5.If president can no longer serve..which member of gov. would
6.name one reason why U.S. broke away from british

DONE: said congrats and everything looks , he just has to go over my files with a another officer but everthing was fine. I asked if he needed anything else ffrom me he said no. He just said taht if he needed anything he'll let me know by mail. He said I will get a letter from them along with the OL.

I am confused as to what will happen the box marked was "you passed the history/writing/reading"
X recommeded for approval, yet decesion yet can not be made. wait for USCIS will contact you..

The officer made it sound that everthing was fine and we were talking about oath dates. I know in MN we don't take the oath the same day..is that why? When I did my GC interview everthing was approved on the spot during interview.. any advice should I be concerned

said congratu

Received emails today that my applicaton has been transferred to local office. Signature updated. Thank You All for your support.

HAD INTERVIEW ON JUNE 15th....

DONE: said congrats and everything looks , he just has to go over my files with a another officer but everthing was fine. I asked if he needed anything else ffrom me he said no. He just said taht if he needed anything he'll let me know by mail. He said I will get a letter from them along with the OL

Congrats simo2003. May you get your oath letter soon.

Had interview on 6/7 and had my Oath yesterday(6/18). I guess its time to move on to the next forum "Life after Citizenship" :) . Thanks and good luck to every one.

Interview Date: June 15th, 2010

My wife's interview scheduled was June 15th at 9:20 am and my interview at 9:40 am (same day) in local office.
We have checked in at security on 1st floor around 8:30 a.m. Then, we had to go 2nd floor and submitted interview letter and driving license to the front desk officer. Officer kept the interview letter and returned my driving license.

We waited for for half an hour My wife and I was little nervous. She was making me revision of all the questions, my wife is called.
Her interview lasted for 15 minutes. When she came out my name is called by different officer.

Interview:
My interview officer was very cordial and friendly. But, he was very serious all along which I think is good. When he called my name, he and I greeted each other, I tried to shake hand but he does not want to do so. He directed me to his office. He told me to stand up and raised my hand take oath:
IO: “” take the oath that whatever I say is truth. I said, “I do”. He asked me to take a seat.

He asked me very politely to look at my passport, GC and Driving license as he opened my file that was on his desk.
He started reviewing my application line by line and asking me questions as he went through it. He confirmed my name and address.
He asked me what was my status prior to Green Card. I said "H1B". He asked "What was the company name that sponsored your Green Card?"
Honestly, I forgot the answer for few seconds and answered after that. He was a little bit surprised. But he moved on. It was my nervous reaction.
He also asked all the questions from N400 (Section B,C,D,E,F and H) and answered all questions. He did not ask any other documents,

US HISTORY QUESTIONS:
1.What is the supreme law of the land?
2.What are the two houses of government?
3.What is the first president of United States of America?
4.What is the political party of current president?
5.If president and vice president can no longer serve who will be president?
6. What are the two political party in USA?

I made all correct. Then Reading and Writing portion.
He asked me to read "Who elects the congress?"
Asked to write: "People elects the Congress".

That's all. He said congratulation, I have passed the interview. He has given me a letter where written "you passed the history/writing/reading". X recommended for approval, yet decision yet can not be made. wait for USCIS will contact you. He said my oath date will be scheduled be soon. Then, he asked is my wife given interview today? I said "Yes, she was before me." Then, IO took a note on my file to give same day oath. I also asked him how will it take to get to know. He said within one month max. If I do no get by this time, he told me to contact the local office. He also told me not to try take oath on my wife's date if I do not get it same date. Some people does it and it makes really not manageable." I said "I won't do that". He told me if my oath date different than my wife's date. let the local office know so that they may try to make it same day. Then, he said "Thanks for the interview, Sir." I said "You are welcome. Have a nice day!". He walked with me to show the door to way out. The total interview was almost 15 minutes. That's all. Overall experience was great! I really enjoyed the time and thought I was little nervous for nothing. I hope, to wish you all (those are waiting for interview) good luck and get IO officer like me. I asked my wife as well the same. She said her IO officer is also very friendly. She got her oath scheduled in this Friday (Jun, 25th). I am waiting for my oath letter.

I haved received my Oath Letter for June 29 at 7:30 am in Kendall office. It looks this journey is almost done!!! Good luck for every one else in their path to become Citizens and thank you for all your support and good advises.

I haved received my Oath Letter for June 29 at 7:30 am in Kendall office. It looks this journey is almost done!!! Good luck for every one else in their path to become Citizens and thank you for all your support and good advises.

Congrats to jcasylee, Jony and mbsphere.

I would like to ask a question here instead opening a new thread

The apartment where I live now was not available at the time when I moved to this state and I used a temporary address for to register my car and transferred my Driving License, later I updated the address with DMV and had the sticker on back of my DL which show the current address, but my issue is I didn’t mention the temp address on
N-400.

Guys you think this will be an issue, can I mention about this address during interview? Is anyone went through the same situation?