2010 March N-400 Tracker

Sorry lost123, you have less than 913 days of physical presence in the last 5 years? Is that what you're saying? You think you qualify to apply for citizenship even with that?

Yes, I will be able to qualify. I have about 970 days raw, without any deductions. There are a list of situations where one can get their time abroad waived - just as long as one meets the requirements.

When you deduct the days I spent studying abroad, my days are reduced to under 630 days. There is a very good source book that there are all the regulations regarding US Immigration, titled "Kurzban's Immigration Law Sourcebook", by Ira Kurzban. It gives guidance and sites references to previous rulings that can support your case.

Before submitting my application, I spoke with an Immigration Officer at my DO and they said I shouldn't have a problem, if I was to prove that I didn't abandoned. So that is what I did.

:)

Thank you Lost123 and IPL fan. I did call the IRS automated phone number 1-800-829-1040, and that was also giving only the previous three years. Is there any other IRS number ?

Hello Kannan,

That's the number I called. In case you have any trouble getting through the automated system, you can request to speak with an agent. You should receive within 2 wks. Good luck!

lost123, I sent you a private message. Anyway, it's going to be interesting to see our cases progress together (in different DOs). I wish you luck. By the way, I attached tax transcripts with my N400 as well, for the same reason you did.

lost123, I sent you a private message. Anyway, it's going to be interesting to see our cases progress together (in different DOs). I wish you luck. By the way, I attached tax transcripts with my N400 as well, for the same reason you did.

Hi Cafeconleche,

Thanks for the message. I am sending you some info that might be helpful to you. Good luck to you too :) & keep us posted with your journey
All the best!

updated - fingerprint done this morning. Btw, the ASC/DO center here have a quite group of ppl. They are fantastic!

DO: Detroit, MI

0: 3/12/10 N-400 Mailed to Phoenix, AR
3: 3/15/10 Received Date
13: 3/25/10 Check Cashed
18: 3/30 /10 Notice of Action Received (3/24/10 PD, 3/25/10 ND)
xx: x/xx/10 Fingerprint Notice Received
xx: x/xx/10 FP Walk-in (scheduled x/xx/10)
xx: x/xx/10 Case File Review/Yellow Letter Received
xx: x/xx/10 Case Transferred to Local Office
xxx: x/xx/10 Interview Letter Received
xxx: x/xx/10 Interview Date

Thank you Lost123 and IPL fan. I did call the IRS automated phone number 1-800-829-1040, and that was also giving only the previous three years. Is there any other IRS number ?

no, don't go through the automated message, talk to a real agent.

No movement on my case yet. I see those with March 23 NOA receipt having RFE. Mine is March 24th, I guess USCIS is sleeping :)

Did you register at uscis.gov to receive email communications? If yes, you will get emails 3-4 days before you receive FP notice (RFE).

no, don't go through the automated message, talk to a real agent.

Thanks again Lost123 and IPL Fan. Talked to an agent and ordered the 2005 transcript.

-----
03/16/2010 Sent N-400 to Phoenix lockbox
XX/XX/20XX PD
03/29/2010 Check cashed
XX/XX/20XX NOA Received
XX/XX/20XX FP notice recd (scheduled: XX/XX/20XX)
XX/XX/20XX FP done
XX/XX/20XX ID
XX/XX/20XX OD

Is it more beneficial to have Tax Transcripts than compared to copies of what we filled in last years?

Also, does the tax transcript include both Federal and State

Walk-in FP done at Alexandria, VA.
No questions asked, it took 1 hour from start to end.....Not crowded, There were around 20 people before my turn.
All went well....Now, Do I need to call FBI to check FP status or Should I wait for few days to see if online status changes?

What will be the next online status once early FP is done?

Thanks.

Got finger print notice today for me and my wife (scheduled 04/14/2010).

IPL-fan,
What is "Walk-in FP"? What is the procedure to follow?

Thanks.

Got finger print notice today for me and my wife (scheduled 04/14/2010).

IPL-fan,
What is "Walk-in FP"? What is the procedure to follow?

Thanks.

That's just going early to get your finger print done. Like in my case, it was scheduled on 04/22. But, I had my finger print procedure done today at the same Application service center instead of waiting till 04/22. This way, I saved 22 days and I hope this would speed up the process. But remember not all ASCs allow early finger print.

I received the email saying that RFE has been mailed to me (I am assuming it is FP notice) on 03/30/2010. Anyone with experience of going in early for FP at Dallas? Will they entertain me? Does it shorten the time for interview?