2010 March N-400 Tracker

Yeah I guess I am within the normal processing time. I was just hoping that SOMEHOW I could nudge things to get them moving faster. I applied only a few days before my 5 year anniversary, so I've been "oathable" for a while, so GET GOING, CIS!

Guys, can you check the status of your cases online at uscis.gov

I am getting the message "your ip addr or gateway locked ... due to hogh rate of use ..." when I try to check my status. I have been checking my status frequently today. Is that the reason or is there some error at uscis website.

03/16/2010 Sent N-400 to Phoenix lockbox
03/17/2010 PD
03/29/2010 Check cashed
03/31/2010 NOA Received
04/09/2010 FP notice recd (scheduled: 04/27/2010)
04/19/2010 FP done (walk-in)
XX/XX/2010 Transferred to Local Office
XX/XX/2010 IL Received
XX/XX/2010 ID
XX/XX/2010 OD

I am getting the message "your ip addr or gateway locked ... due to hogh rate of use ..." when I try to check my status. I have been checking my status frequently today. Is that the reason or is there some error at uscis website.

Getting the same error at the moment even though I have not checked status in 2+ days.

For your info, others suggested that it makes no sense to check your status during the day. USCIS updates case status only at night at around 1:30AM Central Time (this is probably a nightly batch update process). So it's best to check your case status once a day in the morning.

Getting the same error at the moment even though I have not checked status in 2+ days.

For your info, others suggested that it makes no sense to check your status during the day. USCIS updates case status only at night at around 1:30AM Central Time (this is probably a nightly batch update process). So it's best to check your case status once a day in the morning.

Thank you RebelXT. I guessed it could be some error with USCIS site.

03/17/2010 PD
03/29/2010 Check cashed
03/31/2010 NOA Received
XX/XX/2010 IL Received
XX/XX/2010 ID
XX/XX/2010 OD

Does any one know, Baltimore does Oath on the same day of Interview??
Please let me know. I have interview on June 14th and hoping to get Oath on the same day so that I can go to my India trip on July 8th. Otherwise I have to postpone my tickets! costly affair.
Thanks in advance.

Thank you RebelXT. I guessed it could be some error with USCIS site.

03/17/2010 PD
03/29/2010 Check cashed
03/31/2010 NOA Received
XX/XX/2010 IL Received
XX/XX/2010 ID
XX/XX/2010 OD

I am getting the same error too...... I think we are checking too often and over load their server which spoils (slows down) their regular work like case transfer, scheduling interview etc.....:):)

Please go through this story of my friend's interview ( mentioned below) and let me know what is " IRS Letter 1722" please. IS this required to anyone who attends interview?

He went through the N-400 form very quickly running down the list of
questions, to which I answered "no" to all of them. He then wanted to see
proof of our joint taxes. So I gave him the IRS Letter 1722 and showed him
statements from 2 of our joint bank accounts. He didn't want to see my
spouses passport or our marriage certificate as he said he already had a
photo copy of them. No other documents were required. I had to sign my full
name on the photographs that I had submitted as well as sign the 2 different
places on the N-400 form.

He then handed me a sheet of paper which contained the 10 questions and
asked me to read out loud and answer them. The majority of them were the
ones that I had problems when learning them. I didn't get asked the colours
(colors) of the flag, those sort of easy questions. But at least I got all
10 correct. I had to write "I go to work every day" on the back of the
paper.

I also signed a paper which had the Oath of Allegiance on it.

I was then handed a paper saying that the final decision was "undecided"
because I did not have a Maryland photo ID. But I have till the 9th January
2003 to get one and get a photocopy of it to them. That was a major bummer
for me because the Baltimore office gives the Oath Ceremony the same day. I
was almost a US citizen today. MY FRIGGIN LUCK EH?

He said that all I need to do is mail in a copy of the ID and the next time
I came back would be to have the Oath Ceremony and that no further
interviews would be required. *YaY*.

So close but yet so far .... oh well. It's practically over now!

Regards
Jo

Error for me. I'm glad it's a general thing, and not just related to me badgering their system constantly, hehe. I have patience issues. Can you tell?

I heard some people are taking Civic and English test prior to interview? How is it possible? is it for people who are applying citizenship based on marriage? Please reply.

N400 - MD
March 2010:
9 Sent certified- NBC lockbox
12 Delivered/received, PD on FP notice?
23 PD on NOA
29 NOA date
30 Cheque cashed

April 2010:
01 FP notice sent
02 FP notice date
05 FP notice received
07 FP done- walk-in
28 FP date (done earlier)
May: 8th: IL
June 14th: Interview
Oath: XXXX

Thanks for the instructions.
Just called the FBI. The first CS rep said I have to call after few weeks.
Called again and a different CS rep answered. Said that the prints were processed and sent back the same day. (04/27/2010)

I called the FBI today the CS said they processed the prints sent it on the same day. ( For both me and my spouse)

I called the FBI folks to check on the status of my fingerprint check. I didn't think there would be a problem with that part of the process, but since it's been 3 weeks and a lot of people get their file transferred to the District Office a few days after their scheduled FP date, I thought I would check on it to make sure that the FP were indeed transmitted to the FBI. The woman who took mine seemed to be having problems with her computer, and while I didn't think any of it at that moment, it's been bothering me lately.

Let me tell you, the lady I spoke with at the FBI had an attitude. I selected the correct options by following their IVR system, and she simply wanted to refer me back to USCIS saying that they should be the ones answering all the questions related to the application. I said "I'm sorry but I thought I could call this number and check on the status of the fingerprinting process." She then let out a big loud sight and said "what is your A number?" And then said "your fingerprints were taken on April 22nd, processed and returned within 1 minute."

While I had all the confidence in the world that the FBI would do their job properly, I was not that confident that the woman at the USCIS Application Support Center had been able to operate her computer properly based on what I observed. But I could have definitely used less attitude from the FBI customer service representative.

But meh, that's over and out of the way now. I will just sit here and wait patiently until my file is transferred to Orlando. I don't become elegible for Naturalization for another month anyway.

Excuse the rant, I just needed to vent. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

This morning I got email update that case has been transfered to local office for myself.

LPR since 06/14/2005

DO: Detroit, MI
03/15/2010: N400 Mailed Phoenix, AZ(Self and Wife)
03/16/2010: N400 Received Per USPS (EXPRESS)
03/26/2010: Checks cashed
04/01/2010: NOA received
04/03/2010: Email received RFE sent 04/01/2010
04/05/2010: FP notice received( scheduled for 04/29/2010)
04/06/2010: Walk-in FP failed
04/29/2010: FP Done
05/06/2010: Case has been transfered to local office(Wife)
05/13/2010: Case has been transfered to local office(Myself)
06/22/2010: ID Wife
xx/xx/2010: ID Self
xx/xx/2010: OD Wife
xx/xx/2010: OD Self

NJ_Detroit

I just received my e-mail/text for transfer of FP to local office also this moring! Both filed Lockbox AZ. Now IL letter....

cfiler

You even had your FP on actual given FP scheduled date and not done on a walk-in! I know sometimes people do a walk-in FP and end up having the transfer happen 3 weeks later and that it always doesn't help speed up the process.

I called the FBI folks to check on the status of my fingerprint check. I didn't think there would be a problem with that part of the process, but since it's been 3 weeks and a lot of people get their file transferred to the District Office a few days after their scheduled FP date, I thought I would check on it to make sure that the FP were indeed transmitted to the FBI. The woman who took mine seemed to be having problems with her computer, and while I didn't think any of it at that moment, it's been bothering me lately.

Let me tell you, the lady I spoke with at the FBI had an attitude. I selected the correct options by following their IVR system, and she simply wanted to refer me back to USCIS saying that they should be the ones answering all the questions related to the application. I said "I'm sorry but I thought I could call this number and check on the status of the fingerprinting process." She then let out a big loud sight and said "what is your A number?" And then said "your fingerprints were taken on April 22nd, processed and returned within 1 minute."

While I had all the confidence in the world that the FBI would do their job properly, I was not that confident that the woman at the USCIS Application Support Center had been able to operate her computer properly based on what I observed. But I could have definitely used less attitude from the FBI customer service representative.

But meh, that's over and out of the way now. I will just sit here and wait patiently until my file is transferred to Orlando. I don't become elegible for Naturalization for another month anyway.

"Excuse the rant, I just needed to vent. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
"
The last line made laugh.................................lol

Recieved the interview letter for myslef today. Interview scheduled for 06/23/2010.

LPR since 06/14/2005

DO: Detroit, MI
03/15/2010: N400 Mailed Phoenix, AZ(Self and Wife)
03/16/2010: N400 Received Per USPS (EXPRESS)
03/26/2010: Checks cashed
04/01/2010: NOA received
04/03/2010: Email received RFE sent 04/01/2010
04/05/2010: FP notice received( scheduled for 04/29/2010)
04/06/2010: Walk-in FP failed
04/29/2010: FP Done
05/06/2010: Case has been transfered to local office(Wife)
05/13/2010: Case has been transfered to local office(Myself)
06/22/2010: ID Wife
06/23/2010: ID Self
xx/xx/2010: OD Wife
xx/xx/2010: OD Self