2010 June N-400 tracker

I didn't receive my YL.
I made an Infopass app. to speak with an IO what do you think are they willing to take the interview on that certain date?

Cathyg, your posts suggest you think the naturalization process is something you can manage, something like making an appointment for a consultation with a medical doctor. It's not like that at all.

1. You wrote "I didn't receive my YL." Not everyone receives a YL. USCIS does not promise to send you one. If they do not send you one, it does not matter. The only thing that matters after fingerprinting is the IL (Interview Letter). According to your previous posts, you only did fingerprinting on August 13th and that was a walk-in, so presumably before your scheduled FP date. You don't have any reason to make an Infopass appointment.

2. If you could jump ahead of the regular process and get your interview just by making an InfoPass appointment, without a doubt, everyone would do that. I'm sure you can't.

You should just calmly wait for your IL, which may not arrive for several weeks yet. The length of time between FP and ID varies a lot, and one of the main things that seems to affect it is your DO (District Office). Some DOs are much faster than others. I don't know what DO you're at (don't see it mentioned in your recent posts) so I can't offer any insight based on that. Figure out your DO and go look on the threads or spreadsheet for recent timelines of people at your DO. That will be your best guide as to what to expect. But it's up to USCIS how long this takes, and there's nothing you can do to make it move along faster.

Go here https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do and enter your receipt number.

Recent applicants' experience, including mine, is that the online case status doesn't update for most steps of the process. It shows "Request for Evidence" all the way from when USCIS issues your fingerprinting appointment letter to the transfer to local office. However, it does change then.

You can create an account on the USCIS website to get automatic emails or text messages notifying you of status updates, too.

Since my case was transferred to the local office and although the date the interview letter was issued is on the 31st of August, there have been 3 LUDs on my case--the last one being today. Anybody knows what that could be for? Just wondering if they can all of a sudden change your interview date or something.

Yellow Letter Received (declared 1 Driving Ticket)

I posted this in Atlanta N-400 thread too and I have updated the master spreadsheet.

I received my YL in mail today. It asks the following:

1. State issued Driver's License
  2. "You indicated in your application that you have been arrested....bring originals of all arreest records and court dispositions".

Actually, I never said I was arrested. I clearly indicated in my application that it was a speeding ticket that was paid and resolved including the day the fine was paid and the amount that was paid.

I hope this is standard template and I don't need to worry about it because I was never arrested.

Any opinions?

This is a standard template. If you look at copy of your N400, you must've answered YES to a question which has wording of "Have you ever been arrested, detained, fined by USCIS or non officer etc". I received YL too for exactly the same reason as you have. I had one ticket for speeding in 2004.

This is a standard template. If you look at copy of your N400, you must've answered YES to a question which has wording of "Have you ever been arrested, detained, fined by USCIS or non officer etc". I received YL too for exactly the same reason as you have. I had one ticket for speeding in 2004.

Yes, I did :) Great to know that it is a standard template. However, it does state to bring the YL in its original form for the interview. Thanks.

I got my FP done on 08/24. Since then I haven't received anything. Online status is still:

"Your case information is incomplete within Case Status Online. For further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283."

Not sure if I should be worried as there has never been any update on the status.

I received my FP letter in late July for 08/24. I didn't do walkin FP.

My DO is phoenix, AZ.

06/30 N400 app mailed Phoenix, AZ
07/01 N400 reached at Phoenix
07/12 Personal Check cashed
07/14 Notice of Action I-797c Received
08/24 FP completed

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my FP done on 08/24. Since then I haven't received anything. Online status is still:

"Your case information is incomplete within Case Status Online. For further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283."

Not sure if I should be worried as there has never been any update on the status.

I received my FP letter in late July for 08/24. I didn't do walkin FP.

My DO is phoenix, AZ.

06/30 N400 app mailed Phoenix, AZ
07/01 N400 reached at Phoenix
07/12 Personal Check cashed
07/14 Notice of Action I-797c Received
08/24 FP completed

No online updates for me either. See my signature. My LUD shows 7/16 for the RFE . So, there isn't anything to panic. I think a few of us are in the same boat.

Proof of Marital Union?

When I got my Interview Letter, there was a checklist of documents for the interview attached to it (form N-659--which is a form letter, not individualized). One of the documents listed for people applying based on marriage to a USC (which is my case) is:

"E. Proof of marital union as well as proof of residence;"

I had already submitted tax transcripts, bank account statements, tax returns and marriage certificate with the original application. I've been married for almost 7 years now but I have no kids yet or I would have sent birth certs too.

Also point B. of that same checklist says:

"B. Your current marriage certificate registered by a civil authority; and" (rest of the points continue).

If anyone can shed some light into what documents to bring for point E. above, that would be appreciated.

Also, should I bring my wife to the interview?

When I got my Interview Letter, there was a checklist of documents for the interview attached to it (form N-659--which is a form letter, not individualized). One of the documents listed for people applying based on marriage to a USC (which is my case) is:

"E. Proof of marital union as well as proof of residence;"

I had already submitted tax transcripts, bank account statements, tax returns and marriage certificate with the original application. I've been married for almost 7 years now but I have no kids yet or I would have sent birth certs too.

Also point B. of that same checklist says:

"B. Your current marriage certificate registered by a civil authority; and" (rest of the points continue).

If anyone can shed some light into what documents to bring for point E. above, that would be appreciated.

Also, should I bring my wife to the interview?

hey slan, if this is a greencard question then can you ask this on green card forum? You'll have better success because not many people will be tracking June N400 thread. My 2 cents.

hey slan, if this is a greencard question then can you ask this on green card forum? You'll have better success because not many people will be tracking June N400 thread. My 2 cents.

Hi seadull. Thanks but this is not a GC question. I've been an LPR since April 2006. It is an N-400 question applying on the 3 year married to a USC rule. Pls see my signature.

Hi Slan,

There are three set of documents. The first one is for all the applicants, the second one for people who are applying based on marriage to a US citizen and 3rd one is for people who are applying based on servering in US army. You need to take the original documents listed in category 1 & 2 even if you already have submitted a photocopy of them. Read the interview letter again and it tells you all the details.Taking your wife with you will be a good idea too, as I read in other form that one person took his wife with him and interiview was really smooth.
Good Luck.

Hi Slan,

There are three set of documents. The first one is for all the applicants, the second one for people who are applying based on marriage to a US citizen and 3rd one is for people who are applying based on servering in US army. You need to take the original documents listed in category 1 & 2 even if you already have submitted a photocopy of them. Read the interview letter again and it tells you all the details.Taking your wife with you will be a good idea too, as I read in other form that one person took his wife with him and interiview was really smooth.
Good Luck.

Thanks a lot for the advice rohilr and good luck to you too! Do you suggest as part of the documents in category 2 to take anything else besides what I had listed earlier?

My Interview Experience:

Went to Santa Ana DO along with my wife. After reading the forums, I was well prepared by taking loads of supporting documents on my travel, taxes, paystubs, bills for proof of address etc.. Actually I had to carry to bid bags along with me.

We went 30min before the interview and through security(almost like airports) and straight away asked to proceed to the waiting hall. I took this time to freshen up and review the copy of my application on my previous employers, travel dates etc. 20 minutes into the wait, they called my name exactly at the time printed on the letter. They said that my wife would be called separately. I told that I carry the supporting documents that are common such as Taxes, Marriage certificate etc..

The officer is a lady and seems to have no time for even eye contact. I tried to be nice and tried to exchange some pleasantries, but she seems to care little. Just said it is a busy day for her. She led me into her cabin that is a little further than most offices.

The first question (even before looking at my application) was when did i leave company XYZ(the company that got me GC in first place) and I gave her an approximate year (i couldn't remember,so gave a wrong year).

In fact I left the company immediately after GC and it was more than 5 years ago. Since the N400 application asks us to fill last 5 years of employment history, I did not list the company I got my GC through..Bummer..

She started going over my application page by page, cross verfying my current address, date of birth, age (asked atleast 6-7 times), verified passport stamps with that of the application travel dates. On the Employer history she asked me the dates of the company I did not list and wrote it down. she seems not too pleased with the fact that I left out the company that I got me GC..

Then she said, another officer is going to review my file and interview. And for some reason she changed her mind and started asking me civic questions, which i answered correctly (the first six).

Then she made me write a sentence, read a sentence asked my age again (is she in love with me?) sign the application and gave the letter of approval and said LA office is going to contact me on Oath ceremony dates.

They did not ask me to show anything other than my passports, GC, driver license.

All done in 15minutes max.

Lesson Learned: If yours is employed based, be prepared to answer why (&when) you left the company.

Good luck to you all...

Santa Ana, 5 year based
06/01/2010: N-400 sent to Phoenix, AZ
06/03/2010: N-400 confirmation received
06/11/2010: Check cashed
06/23/2010: FP noticed received for Santa Ana DO
06/25/2010: FP Completed (went ahead of time due to travel)
07/06/2010: FP Actually Scheduled
xx/xx/2010: Case sent to local office
09/10/2010: Interview
xx/xx/2010: Oath
xx/xx/2010: USC
xx/xx/2010: Passport Application
xx/xx/2010: Passport Recieved

Thanks a lot for the advice rohilr and good luck to you too! Do you suggest as part of the documents in category 2 to take anything else besides what I had listed earlier?

Additional supporting documents are always good. But I don't think they should ask any thing , which they have not asked before to bring with you.

I received my YL today. It is asking me to bring DL at the interview.
I was expecting my Interview letter. It has been 3 weeks since I completed fingerprints.