2010 January N-400 Tracker

Hi Guys,

A great update on my wife case, she got the OC letter and scheduled for OC on 04/21/10. I am hoping to have the same date after my interview on 04/19/10.
Wish me luck!!!! Do you think me and my daughters could wait in the waiting room and take pictures together afterward???

Passed Interview and completed Oath ceremony today ! Feels great to be a United States Citizen.
Smoothest USCIS process ever - the staff was very professional and super friendly.
Thank you everyone on this forum for the help. All the best to everyone with pending applications !

Wishing you good luck NOEL123 and Congratulations to fromnj, koblu and all othe new citizens...
Here is my update....... Received Oath letter on Apr-14-2010 for Oath on Apr-23-2010.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apr-06-2005 : LPR
Day-00 Jan-13-2010 : Mailed N-400 to Lewisville TX Via FedEx
Day-02 Jan-15-2010 : Received Date
Day-08 Jan-21-2010 : Check Cashed
Day-12 Jan-25-2010 : NOA I-797C received. ND & PD Jan-20-2010
Day-13 Jan-26-2010 : LUD - RFE Email notification
Day-17 Jan-30-2010 : Received FP notice. PD Jan-15-2010. FP Appt: Feb-12-2010
Day-30 Feb-12-2010 : FP Done
Day-42 Feb-24-2010 : EMail - This case has been sent for a standard interview.
Day-46 Feb-26-2010 : Received Interview Letter with Checklist and Yellow Letter. Interview Date Mar-31-2010
Day-79 Mar-31-2010 : Interview Done. Waiting for Oath letter.
Day-93 Apr-14-2010 : Received OL with Oath Date Apr-23-2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got my interview letter last week and Interview is scheduled for by the end of April.

I got my Prermanent Resident card in 2003 based on marriage to USC and was divorced in 2006. I am applying based on 5 Years of Permanent Resident. Did Anybody has this kind of situation and had gone for the interview. If anyone has will you please share your experience. Does the Interviewing officer asks many questions about the divorce? Will that affect my application for N-400 although i am applying based on 5 yrs of Residency. Anybody's interview experience or some inputs w.r.t. how to deal with it, will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Got a pleasant shock today. The oath letter for my wife came today and her oath ceremony is scheduled for the same day as mine (4/29). I was expecting a delay of a month or more because she had applied for a name change.

(Also cross-posted in San Jose tracker)

Interview done and recommended for approval. Very easy interview process. The IO that was supposed to take my interview was out of office and my case was given to another IO. Steps followed during the Interview -

- Took Oath before the interview
- Went through the entire appllication confirming all the information that I provided on the application.
- Asked the information about the two traffic citations but never asked for court disposition letters. I carried those anyways.
- Gave me a piece of paper which was actually english test. Asked me to read "How many senators do we have?" and then asked me to write the answer. I gave it back to IO and he signed on it saying passed.
- Gave me another piece of paper which was civic/history test and asked me to write answer for any 6 questions out of 10. I did first 6 as they were all easy. IO signed off on it writing "6/6" and "passed".
- Asked me to sign my pictures.
- Asked me to sign the application.
- Asked me to sign the certificate.

IO was very professional and friendly. He congratulated me saying "I am recommending you for approval" and I should receive an oath letter in 2 weeks or so. Also, mentioned that most likely I will have oath on 25th of May as that's the next available oath in my area.

04/14/2005 - LPR
01/16/2010 - Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX via USPS Priority Mail
01/18/2010 - Delivery Confirmation from USPS
01/19/2010 - Picked up/Received from PO BOX by USCIS
01/21/2010 - NOA Date/Check Cleared/Priority Date
01/22/2010 - NOA postmark
01/25/2010 - NOA Received
02/02/2010 - LUD change. RFE sent on 01-29-2010
02/08/2010 - FP Notice received/Priority Date Changed to 01/19/2010
02/10/2010 - FP Completed by walk-in. No questions asked
02/12/2010 - Original FP Date
02/18/2010 – LUD - Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled
02/20/2010 - LUD (not sure what this update was for)
02/22/2010 - Interview Letter received
03/12/2010 - Got a notice that the original interview scheduled on 03/22 has been descheduled
03/18/2010 - Got another notice that Interview is rescheduled for 04/16/2010
04/16/2010 - Interview done and recommended for approval

I have a GREAT news for everybody - I passed the Interview this morning at 9am in Philly DO and schedule for OC on April 23, 2010 on Friday...Praise the LORD!!!
So I don't have to wait for my OC letter as it is given to me directly after the Interview and the Interview process was done in 10 minutes.

The process was as below;
Raised your hand
Went throught the application
Signed my pictures
Asked 6 Q?
Read a sentence
Write a sentence
Signed the approval for recommendation?
OC appointment given on the spot.

Good luck for everybody else that are waiting for Interview and OC...............
Thanks so much for all your suuports and feedback and suggestions........

NOEL

Hi - Congrats by the way!

I filed my application thoruigh the San Francisco DO. I mailed it in on 1/15/10 and my interview was on 3/29/10 - waiting (anxiously) for my oath letter. Looking at the calendar for the oath ceremonies at the Paramount in Oakland, the only upcoming dates I see are May 5th and May 26th. I was wondering if your 4/23 ceremony is ata different location or if they have just added dates recently - but not the calendar. Thanks!

Hi - Congrats by the way! I filed my application thoruigh the San Francisco DO. I mailed it in on 1/15/10 and my interview was on 3/29/10 - waiting anxiously for my oath letter. Looking at the calendar for the oath ceremonies at the Paramount in Oakland, the only upcoming dates I see are May 5th and May 26th. I was wondering if your 4/29 ceremony is at a different location or if they have just added dates recently - but not the calendar. Thanks

Hello All,

Today I got through my interview and waiting for Oath on May 3rd.The interview took 10 min, the IO breezed through the application asking all the questions on the application and verified the passport stampings.

Hi,

My application was approved last week. Interview process standard and completed in 15 min.

Here are my details

01/25/2010 - NOA Received, PD 01-19-2010
02/02/2010 - LUD change. RFE sent on 01-29-2010
02/06/2010 - FP Notice received
02/19/2010 - FP Date
02/26/2010 - YL Received
03/09/2010 - IL Received
04/13/2010 - Interview

Hi - Congrats by the way!

I filed my application thoruigh the San Francisco DO. I mailed it in on 1/15/10 and my interview was on 3/29/10 - waiting (anxiously) for my oath letter. Looking at the calendar for the oath ceremonies at the Paramount in Oakland, the only upcoming dates I see are May 5th and May 26th. I was wondering if your 4/23 ceremony is ata different location or if they have just added dates recently - but not the calendar. Thanks!

HI Chimera,

We are in Philly DO so the timetable might be different. Be patient as it won't takes longer than 6 weeks. Goodluck!!

Hi All,

I was wondering, the IL and YL are issued by the DO or is it outsourced to another office? I am curious to when I will receive information regarding the interview dates.

Thanks in advance,

Today was the big day:
My interview was scheduled for 8am, got actually called in by ~8:20, sooner than I thought. IO was professional, friendly but not overly talkative (neither was I, as some nervousness did set in after all). He got me started by putting me under oath and asked for old and current passports, GC and DL. He then straight dove into going through my N400 application, line by line. That completed, he started me on the English writing and reading test, saving the history/civics test for last.
I passed, it's over! He congratulated me, asked me to sign my application and to fill out the N445 (the oath letter questionnaire) while handing me a blue photocopy with the oath ceremony appointment for 12:00pm, same day! We learnt that there was a second ceremony planned for 2pm, Tuesdays seem to be a busy day in the Seattle DO.

Was back in the waiting area by ~8:35, so my wife and I left the DO to kill the time until the 12:00 checkin time for the oath (and in turn pay the $7 pay parking fee a second time, no in-out privileges...).

Ceremony started at 12:45pm, with 64 fellow candidates. That audience gets the auditorium close to full. Ceremony started with explanation of citizenship logistics and FAQs, playing the hymn, a showing of "Faces of America" video and a speech by a field office director. By 13:12, we all spoke our oath, converting us to spanking brand new US citizens! To close out, we heard the President's video address, and then: hand out of the coveted naturalization certificates.

It's over! I don't think it hasn't fully set in yet, but it does feel good :) Next steps: passport (I'll order book&card since we live close to Canada), SSA (I still have my card with the INS restrictions), register to vote.
Also, my wife's permit to preserve her native German citizenship has finally arrived, so now it's time to get her application rolling. I hope the Seattle DO keeps with its fast processing track record.

Good luck to my fellow global mates on this journey!

My Interview April 19th

All went well- friendly officer who got even friendlier when he saw my job profile. Asked standard questions:
1) Name of the National Anthem
2) What happened on Sept 11th 2001
2) What do the 13 stripes stand for on the flag
4) What is the Rule of LAw

And 2 more

Went through the application

Asked to read- How many senators are there in the US Senate.
Asked to Write There are one Hundred senators.

Then, the bummer. My GC is dated April 22nd, so he said he can't approve the application on April 19th :-(( He tried to call his supervisors several times, but they'd all left (it was around 3:30pm). So he gave me a paper saying that I had passed the interview was recommended for citizenship. Now I have to wait for an approval letter and an oath letter.

Am so bummed that I missed the April 23rd oath date- wonder when the next one is going to be.

But all in all, not a bad experience at all.