2010 January N-400 Tracker

Took my interview today (morning). Officer asked standard questions from application.

Approved.

Going back this afternoon for Oath.

Good luck for everyone.

SK

Both of us took our interviews yesterday and passed. The interview was short ~ 10 mins. Our experience was very postitive---the IOs treated us politely and professionally. Although I took all the backup documents suggested in the excellent "sticky" post in the forum, we were asked to only produce the green card and driver's license which is what the interview letter and a followup yellow letter had asked us to bring. But it was worth it because it helped me organize my thoughts for potential questions that could be asked during the interview. In the interview, the IO did verify with me that I had no record, citations etc., paid my taxes, my travel was limited, I belonged to no communist groups, and I never voted. They were all in the form but I guess the IO felt the need to ask me because I had forgotten to check the box for whether I have ever been deported.

My wife adopted for a name change; it's not clear how much delay that will introduce. If anyone has an idea about this, I would appreciate it. We are supposed to wait for the oath letter by mail. My IO felt that at least my oath ceremony it would happen by end of April.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright Guys...an update .. finally finished the interview at Philly Office..

A short story : Appointment at 1:20 reached around 12:45 and entered the office after going thru the airport like security..

In less than 5 minutes of my interview letter submission at the window I was asked to walk in to the office for the interview.. 6 questions and answers and the interview is done ..

1) whats the national anthem ?
2) who can vote for president ?
3) which ocean is on the west coast?
4) what is the rule of law?
5) What do the 13 stripes represent?
6) i forgot..

Anyways i passed and had been recommended for approval .. I was asked if i wanted take an OATH on 8th of April but as i was traveling to India for the entire month of April so i requested for any dates in May and i was told they have one on May 6th and made a note on the application..

Finally.. all i have to do is to wait for the OATH letter..

Thank you all for your support, The Forum has been a great help and i wish you all good luck.

Another Home Run here;

This had to be the easier immigration process ever. Both the wife and myself went through the interview process today. It almost appeared that our cases were already pre-approved, seemed like all we had to do was to show up. The reason I say this is because, the IO had most of our documents already printed and prepared.

The IO was very professional and courteous, greeted me as he called me in for the interview. Soon after the swearing-in, we made some small talk about my name change. The IO then breezed through the application verifying the details, had me sign a couple of printed forms. He then proceeded to ask me selected questions from Section 10 - Additional Questions. Note that I am of you that answered YES to the arrested/cited question because of my speeding tickets, and had also received RFE to bring court dispositions of these incidents. When this question came, I answered that I had only received a couple of speeding tickets that did not involve any DUI or arrests. He did not even ask for any evidence or court dispositions etc. Wrapped up with the interview with the civic questions, reading and writing. Civic test was ridiculously easy.. Finally I was asked if I could return back the same afternoon for the Oath ceremony.

All said and done, I am now RED-WHITE & BLUE...
On a lighter side, during the oath ceremony one of the ladies had entered the final oath ceremony questionnaire with a full YES to all questions (questions like since the interview have you remarried, have you been arrested, etc...), the poor IO politely asked the lady to correct the form,,, hahaaaa the look on his face was priceless...

Good luck folks and thanks for all the support here.

Summary of interview on March-31-2010 at Baltimore.
I and my wife had our interviews yesterday (Mar-31-2010) at Baltimore and got through. The IOs were very friendly, understanding and courteous. Due to our interview date being 6 days before the 5 year GC mark, we have to wait for the Oath letter in the mail.

Both of us carried most of the items from the checklist thread posted in the forum, but didn't have to use any. Better be safe than sorry.

This forum has been very helpful as always and thanks to everyone for their invaluable time, sharing.

I will update the thread(s) as soon as we receive the Oath letter.

Cheers!!
============================================================================
Signature
Apr-06-2005 : LPR
Day-00 Jan-13-2010 : Mailed N-400 to Lewisville TX Via FedEx
Day-02 Jan-15-2010 : Received Date
Day-08 Jan-21-2010 : Check Cashed
Day-12 Jan-25-2010 : NOA I-797C received. ND & PD Jan-20-2010
Day-13 Jan-26-2010 : LUD - RFE Email notification
Day-17 Jan-30-2010 : Received FP notice. PD Jan-15-2010. FP Appt: Feb-12-2010
Day-30 Feb-12-2010 : FP Done
Day-42 Feb-24-2010 : EMail - This case has been sent for a standard interview.
Day-46 Feb-26-2010 : Received Interview Letter with Checklist and Yellow Letter. Interview Date Mar-31-2010
Day-79 Mar-31-2010 : Interview Done. Waiting for Oath letter.

Finished my interview this morning in San Antonio. It only took about 15 min or so, mostly double checking all the responses on my N-400. I took all the required documents, but none of the "recommended" ones (except for the additional photos), and I wasn't asked to show anything. I was asked six civics questions:
1) Name one war the US fought in the 1900s
2) Who is the Chief Justice of the US?
3) How many voting members in the House?
4) How many years do they serve?
5) What month do we vote for President?
6) Who is the father of the nation?

The IO told me I can expect my oath letter in about two weeks. There are two tentative dates for the ceremony -- May 20 in San Antonio, or May 25 in Austin (since that's where I live). All in all, a very straightforward, professional, and courteous interview. As someone else said, the easiest USCIS process ever in my nearly 9 years of living in this country!

Finally, a huge thanks to everyone on this forum for all their tips and insight over the years. Good luck to all of you still waiting!

Hi Guys,

Updating for my wife interview today in Philadelphia. We parked at the all day parking since the parking kiosk ate our money. We came with our youngest daughter and the security guards are nice. Interview appt at 9:00am, we came at 8:30am and waited to be called and a man IO called at 9:15am and she is out at 9:25am...WOOWWWW quicker than EZ pass.
She need to wait 4-6 weeks for the Oath ceremony and hopefully we could have same day ceremony since my interview is on April 19, 2010.

I'll update mine after the interview!!

I am Proud citizen of USA today.. end road after long journey...
1/14/2010 : PD
1/14/2010 : NOA
1/14/2010 : Check Cashed
1/19/2010 : NOA Letter Received
1/16/2010 : LUD Saturday !! (Initial Review)
1/23/2010 : LUD Saturday !! (RFE mailed 01/22)
1/26/2010 : LUD !!
1/25/2010 : RFE-FP mailout Post mark date
1/29/2010 : RFE-FP Letter Received
2/05/2010 : FP appointment
2/01/2010 : FP Done (Walk in)
2/13/2010 : LUD Saturday !! (Case transfered local office, Interview Scheduled)
2/16/2010 : Interview Letter
3/24/2010 : Interview Date
3/24/2010 : Interview passed. BUT Decision cannot be made.
3/26/2010 : Oath letter Mailed
3/28/2010 : Oath Letter received
4/09/2010 : Oath. Citizen of USA :)

My Updates.....

Very long day for me....
Waited waited alomost 3+ hours for Interview and it too a 5 minutes to approve my application.
Then another 3 hours for Oath.

Finally as of today, I'm US citizen.

I will take this opportunity to thank everyone in this forum for sharing knowledge and experience.

Thanks

Finished my interview this morning in San Antonio. It only took about 15 min or so, mostly double checking all the responses on my N-400...
Finally, a huge thanks to everyone on this forum for all their tips and insight over the years. Good luck to all of you still waiting!
Congrats, scheruvu!
Did you get YL or not?

N-400Mailed Jan 29th 2010 VIA Speed post to AZ
DO San Jose
Delivered Jan 30th
Checks cashed Feb 5th 2010
NOA received FEb 8th 2010
Priority date Feb 3rd 2010
USCIS Website updated Feb 17th RFE requested mostly FP
RFE received : Feb 22 2010
FP schedule Date :March 09th 2010
Actual FP date : Feb 24th 2010 early walk in FP

Hi, RM_CSC, do you have any updates on your case?

Fp

I got my Finger Printing done today even though the actual date was end of April!!!
They didnot ask me why I am getting it done early. Hope this is OK>??
Did anyone receive FP notice?

I will be away for a month .
Any idea how to get FP notice sooner?

Mike

My wife got the IL today 4/13; Interview date is 5/13;
Applied 1/26
NOA 1/28
FP Notice 2/14, FP date 3/8
FP done 2/26
IL received 4/13
Interview date 5/13

We are now US citizens. Interview for both me and my wife went pretty smooth.

Going to apply for the passports tomorrow and OCI in few weeks (I guess)

Thanks and Good Luck