2010 February N-400 Tracker

seems like a lot of people are getting their oath done on the same day after the interview. is this a new trend or specific only to certain DO's? maybe we should plan for a longer stay at the USCIS office (interview + oath) since we have to leave the kids with someone..

seems like a lot of people are getting their oath done on the same day after the interview. is this a new trend or specific only to certain DO's? maybe we should plan for a longer stay at the USCIS office (interview + oath) since we have to leave the kids with someone..

That's always a possibility having the same day oath.

Not all DO's have same day oath. Check if your DO has same day oath from your fellow applicants (may be from Jan/Feb trackers or even little older trackers).
Also, even if your DO has same day oath, then it depends on your interview time. If its too late for e.g. 3pm, then you may not get same day oath.

Citizenship Timeline
DO SAN DIEGO, CA
1/13/2005 LPR
2/4/2010 Sent N-400 Application To Phoenix Lockbox (certified mail and tracking number)
2/8/2010 N-400 Delivered To Phoenix Lockbox
2/12/2010 Received Certified Mail Return Receipt From USCIS
2/12/2010 Check Cashed ($675.00)
2/12/2010 Priority Date Per NOA
2/20/2010 Received USCIS Receipt NOA I-797C
3/18/2010 Received SMS and E-mail at 1:34 a.m., Case Transferred For Standard Interview
3/19/2010 Received Interview Notice Letter (PD rolled back to 02/08/2010)
4/26/2010 Interview Date ( I passed!)
5/8/2010 Received Oath Ceremony Letter
5/19/2010 Oath Ceremony Date
5/19/2010 Applied For US Passport
XX/XX/2010 Received US Passport

Today I became a U.S. citizen. The oath ceremony was very nice and emotional. After listening to speeches and taking the oath, they gave me my certificate of naturalization. I went to the post office and applied for the US passport. I will never forget this day as long as I live. Thank you so much and good luck.

It's the big day today... Heading to Washington, DC Field Office for my interview! :) Will post an update later.

My spouse received the Oath Letter for 6/17 at Oakland.
I am still waiting. Our time lines are same till now.

Mine is just the opposite of dhai.

Me and my wife had same timelines and were interviewed same day(4/27) and both approved. I received my oath letter on 5/10 and completed my oath on 5/18. Wife is still waiting for the oath letter.

Interview on 5/26 Passed!

Just an update... I passed my naturalization interview on Wednesday and was recommended for approval. I am now waiting for my oath letter, which I was told by the IO may take several months.

If you want to read the full account of my interview, please look at my posting in the Washington, DC DO thread here.

Both of us completed interview today Charlotte DO, simple questions over application and 6 question and approved. Good luck to all..

"A decision cannot be made..." :confused:

Everything was extremely friendly and smooth, but ended up with such a result.
The oficer was a relatively young skinny petit woman, she seems to be very assiduous and nervous with this interview.

On the good side she brought an oath letter for June 11 at 2:45pm with all stickers on it, but put it in my file. She assured me that I definetly will receive a decision by mail no later than in 5 days from the interview: either this oath letter for June 11, or Form N14 (request for additional documents).

Honestly - I am a little bit frustrated with this outcome.:confused: But again - the interview itself was extremely friendly and pleasant.

To read - a huge compound sentence about 20 words long.
To write - "George Washington is a father of our country". :D

Questions:
1 - the main concern of the US during Cold War - Communism
2 - one reason colonists came to America - economic opportunities
3 - 4 amendments about who can vote - every citizen 18 and older can vote
4 - one right or freedom from the First Amendment - speech, assembly
5 - one of those where the answer is "the President", there are four of them - I donot remember exactly which one I was asked.
6, the last one - If the President can no longer serve, who becomes President? - the Vice President.

Interview was scheduled at 11:45.
I was there at 11:15;
Was called at 12:00;
Have finished an interview at 12:45.

And now again - sit and wait, wait, wait.... I hope I really will receive an Oath letter in 5 days.

Went for our interview today... questions were exactly the same as VYLE.. must have been the same sheet. #5 in his list was who is the head of the executive branch?
The IO seemed to be in a hurry as we were in the last slot for the day. She breezed through the N400 and asked only for DL, GC & Passport. Asked me to sign the usual places on the form and the two photographs. English part was very easy as expected and I was done in less than 10 minutes... so was my wife. Her list of questions was different and she managed to get one wrong.
It looks like they enter your test score in the end in their system.
The IOs gave us the Form N-652 with check marks on:
You passed the test on English, US History and government.
Congratulations, your application has been recommended for approval.
We were asked to wait outside for few minutes. In about 15 minutes, another guy came outside, called our names and handed us the notice of naturalization oath ceremony scheduled for next Thursday June 10. In and out of the building in about an hour.
The oath ceremony is in a different location, US Federal Court house in Detroit. Looking forward to the last step in the journey.

The oficer was a relatively young skinny petit woman, she seems to be very assiduous and nervous with this interview.

Don't worry. As you yourself mentioned that the IO was young and nervous, probably this was her first interview and needed to verify something with her supervisor before giving your approval.....

As she said, you will get your OL in the next few days. No more waiting for you. Just relax.

Good luck.

On the good side she brought an oath letter for June 11 at 2:45pm with all stickers on it, but put it in my file. She assured me that I definetly will receive a decision by mail no later than in 5 days from the interview: either this oath letter for June 11, or Form N14 (request for additional documents).

Honestly - I am a little bit frustrated with this outcome.:confused: But again - the interview itself was extremely friendly and pleasant.

To read - a huge compound sentence about 20 words long.
To write - "George Washington is a father of our country". :D

Questions:
1 - the main concern of the US during Cold War - Communism
2 - one reason colonists came to America - economic opportunities
3 - 4 amendments about who can vote - every citizen 18 and older can vote
4 - one right or freedom from the First Amendment - speech, assembly
5 - one of those where the answer is "the President", there are four of them - I donot remember exactly which one I was asked.
6, the last one - If the President can no longer serve, who becomes President? - the Vice President.

Interview was scheduled at 11:45.
I was there at 11:15;
Was called at 12:00;
Have finished an interview at 12:45.

And now again - sit and wait, wait, wait.... I hope I really will receive an Oath letter in 5 days.

Looks like Hartford has done this in the past. Look at the last post on the Hartford, CT N-400 Timeline page:

http://forums.immigration.com/showt...rd-CT-N-400-Timeline/page4&highlight=hartford