2010 February N-400 Tracker

FP completed as scheduled on 3/9/10 and YL received on 3/16/10. Does the IL come right after the YL in most cases?

YL before FP

Does anybody got YL asking to bring Photo ID for Interview without getting FP notice.

ND: FEB 5,2010

Good job.. one more down one to go (interview).. did you notice if they check for Appt date in Charlotte ASC?

The lady at the front deskk did look at the appt letter closely. But as I did go on the date of my appt I can't speculate as to what she would have said, if anything.

how long before receiving the YL or IL do you see the change in the status on the uscis website, check status?

I see references to YL and IL in a lot of the posts but I am unclear what they are. My guess is that the YL asks you to bring certain documentation to the interview. And the IL tells you when the interview is. Is that correct?

I see references to YL and IL in a lot of the posts but I am unclear what they are. My guess is that the YL asks you to bring certain documentation to the interview. And the IL tells you when the interview is. Is that correct?

what i have understood, is that the YL comes first, its a check list of what documents that are to be brought for the interview, and a few days after receiving that u get the interview letter / white letter which has the interview date and time.

what i have understood, is that the YL comes first, its a check list of what documents that are to be brought for the interview, and a few days after receiving that u get the interview letter / white letter which has the interview date and time.

I think it is my understanding too. And not all get YL. Only certain applicants like who checked 'Yes' to any of the moral questions (for e.g. cited/arrested etc).

But I have heard others who have not clicked 'Yes' to moral questions, have received YL and vice versa.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think is my understanding too. And not all get YL. Only certain applicants like who checked 'Yes' to any of the moral questions (for e.g. cited/arrested etc).

But I have heard others who have not clicked 'Yes' to moral questions, have received YL and vice versa.

I would be comfortable getting a YL , as i see people in the forum who has the priority date close to mine is receiving them. Anticipating the delivery of the YL, I am wondering whether the online status changes first ( when the YL is dispatched) or does it take a day or two for that matter , so in reality u get the YL delivered and then notice the online status changed ?

Anticipating the delivery of the YL, I am wondering whether the online status changes first ( when the YL is dispatched) or does it take a day or two for that matter , so in reality u get the YL delivered and then notice the online status changed ?

I'm not so sure you can read too much into the exact sequence of LUDs vs. IL or YL. From reading earlier posts, not everyone gets a YL and sometimes a letter arrives even before the LUD changed, happened to me with the NOA letter.

at any rate, I'm seeing some progress on my application:
last night, I got SMS/email for LUD change, case is transferred to local DO, yay!

I wish yours to advance soon, too.

congrats, am happy for u..... am behind u guys on PD..... mine's on the way .... they better be printing it now .....lol

We (me and wife) both got email from USCIS with below status update. Hope they will schedule that interview and send us appointment letters.

Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview.

Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled. You will be sent a notice advising you of the date and time of your interview. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Dear all,

I got an update on my case.
"Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled."
LUD: 03/18/2010

I will wait for the interview letter now.

We got our Inteview letter today , schedue for 04/20/2010 morning 9:30am. both of us scheduled at same time. Also i neve received YL ony my wife got that.

Last edited by a moderator:
h12gc, that is a great news!! Glad to see that Feb filers already seeing interview letter.

Time for a little study maybe. Good luck to you both at the interview.

Anticipating the delivery of the YL, I am wondering whether the online status changes first ( when the YL is dispatched) or does it take a day or two for that matter , so in reality u get the YL delivered and then notice the online status changed ?
I received my Yellow letter on 3/11/10. It was generated on 3/5/10. But my case status still remains the same:
Request for Evidence
On February 17, 2010, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information...